New Event - 1944: Endgame

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Event - 1944: Endgame

Dear Generals,

It is 1944: the Axis powers are on retreat and the Allies are preparing their final offensive. But the ending of the war is not decided yet... Will the Axis turn the tides of war in a decisive battle? Will Soviets and Allies clash inevitably, turning a looming Cold War into a hot one? In this 3vs3vs3 team scenario you can play as Axis, Soviets or Western Allies and change the course of history!

Event Details:
      • Sign-up period: 2019/04/05, 11 AM CEST - 2019/04/09, 11 AM CEST
      • Historical Europe map with borders of 1944
      • Free selection among 3 teams
      • Random country selection
      • Starts-when-full
      • Starting conditions are balanced historically
      • AI & human player peace period of 24 real-life hours
      During the sign-up period the event maps can be found at the top of the games list. Join these event maps to participate.

Tell us what you think about this event! We wish you good luck and much fun!

Your Bytro team
    • Questions still not answered:
      What are the three Countries for each of the sides:
      USA UK + ???
      Germany Italy + ???
      Soviet Union + ??? ???

how do they balance the strategic miss match with the axis between the Allies and the Soviets?

What are the forces like?

What are the victory conditions?

What are the AI countries?
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

What are the three Countries for each of the sides:
      USA UK + ???
      Germany Italy + ???
      Soviet Union + ??? ???
      Western Allies: UK, France, USA
      Axis: Army Group West, Army Group Centre, Italy
      Soviet Union: Baltic Front, Belorussian Front, Ukrainian Front

EZ Dolittle wrote:

how do they balance the strategic miss match with the axis between the Allies and the Soviets?
      the teams are actually very balanced. Germany gets a large amount of tanks and defensive weapons while the Allies only have troops on the border and fewer units.

EZ Dolittle wrote:

What are the forces like?
      all forces are lv. 1 at the beginning.

EZ Dolittle wrote:

What are the victory conditions?
      your team needs 595 points (90% of the map).

EZ Dolittle wrote:

What are the AI countries?
      Sweden, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Turkey, and Saudi-Arabia.

hope this helps.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh

The post was edited 1 time, last by attacker101 ().

• Much like the map was in October of 1944.

Some players have remarked that Germany has a lot more units to start then they expected for this "point in history" which is fictionalized for gameplay purposes here. Germany actually has enough AA that I am scared to build planes. :P

Of course Germany is going to get squeezed from both sides, so I think that is a moot point.

It does look like it will take a little time to build up a force to invade with. The starting units are adequate to hold the line of course.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I love it. I honestly love it so much. Games that're based off real-life events will always gain points from me. An extra bonus to this event is that it isn't a massive game that'll take forever to finish, it's a small map that looks like it could be completed in about 60-70 days at the very maximum. There are a few things I don't exactly agree with, though, and I'd like to point some of them out here:

First, I don't like how nothing is researched(and a lot of people have said this too). It's no fun having to research everything from infantry up. I think next time this event rolls around, every country should have at least a few more items researched. Second, I don't like how undefended the Allies are. I'm playing as France, and I start off with 25 units. Army Group West has 44 units in the little area that's visible to me. This makes me super dependent on my allies. And what if, say, USA decided to drop out *cough*? Even worse, my borders have no fortifications while Germany has level 3 forts all along his border. I think the Allies deserve a few level 1 or 2 forts, just to even the scales a little.

My last suggestion is something of personal preference, but I think it'd be more exciting if it were 4v4v4. Maybe Italy becomes an Allied power(the Italians switched sides in 1943), Romania a Soviet one, and Quisling Norway a German one? This is just personal preference though, it'd probably seem redundant to most people so pretend this isn't here if you disagree.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • this endgame game mode would be great if your allies were active and i wish there where some kind of settings were you can only join active people because i started as center Germany and i never heard from south Germany and west just sent his artillery head on into battle and never came back on like wtf in every other game after 2 days only three people are active like why even make an account its retarded and it takes the fun from the game

The post was edited 1 time, last by Umm_oof ().

• My criticism of Endgame
      1)The research slots should at least have up to date tech from where the war has progress or could had have a 2x or 3x faster research
      2)Germany needs a serious nerf as if one faction decides to team with Germany the game is pretty much over and the likelyhood of your teammates going inactive is pretty high.
      3)Germany should probably few to none naval or aircraft as the timeline of the events is wherethe battle of Britain has passed which crippled the German airforce and Germany had mostly uboats to fight of the british navy

Overall good idea bad execution
      -Lvl 49 sargent
    • Umm_oof wrote:

this endgame game mode would be great if your allies were active
      This is SO TRUE, especially if you're playing as the Allies. In my games, the United States has left me hanging. All three Germans are active. I start off with less units in my entire country than Army Group West has in the little area that's visible to me. How'm I supposed to win??

Chewgumball wrote:

Germany needs a serious nerf
      This goes hand in hand with my suggestion above. Once again, Army Group West has more units in the provinces of Aachen and Rotterdam than I have in my ENTIRE COUNTRY. Like, no! The only choice I have left is to rocket spam and build forts, but I can't even rocket Germany until I get level 4 rockets, because guess what? Those damn forts!
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • My one criticism of this mode is the level one research. Army/border size is pretty accurate, or at least as accurate as CoW can get, but the research is level 1! I can see why this would be used for power balancing, but it's still annoying. Plus, the Italian Front is... honestly pretty weak. I mean, not that that isn't accurate, but it kinda sucks out the fun for the unlucky player of Italy. This noted the Baltic front is frighteningly weak. I am playing as the Army Group Centre, and I can easily fight a two - front war. Power balance issue? Possible. Still, not a bad idea, but maybe a few tweaks? Also, it would be pretty interesting to play as the AI countries of Sweden, Spain, and Turkey.
    • A German Group is unable to defend another German's Group capital against an enemy .
      The capital is falling whatever be the allied forces inside.

If the German ally had troops inside a fortress level 5 as Berlin , his troops are leaving the fortress but not the city .
      Thus they are attacking the enemy in their former fortress one minut after the new control.

Never I saw such ridiculous and inconsistent actions .
    • I played on all 3 sides, i'm winning as western allies and axis, but losing as soviets. Actually on all my 3 maps the soviets is losing, generally though i think if someone were to able control an entire side, they'd be able to destroy the other 2. Not that i'm against team play, but we'd really need good tutorials for map such as these and to keep the interest of the team mates so they don't leave too soon. In a map with pre-set armies, you'd have to apply The Art of War to the fullest extent.
    • Antigonos wrote:

A German Group is unable to defend another German's Group capital against an enemy .
      The capital is falling whatever be the allied forces inside.
      This is a standard game mechanic. Your forces may not hold allied provinces. The enemy will always capture the province point first and not engage the third parties forces that are there.

At that point both armies will be sitting motionless in the province waiting for the other to make the first move. This is a game of "flinch" meaning that whichever army moves first will attack the other.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I just started a game, and found this info about enemy troops only on the front vastly relieving. Since I'm Army Group South (North Italy and Yugoslavia), I'm the most prone to being wiped out first. However, now I know the enemy only has frontline troops, I just need to build up my forces a little and attack. I would like to see how it turned out!

Criticism: Like so many others, the research is a bummer. I don't think I need to say more.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)