Rockets should not reveal troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The reveal is the flash of light from detonation and someone on a hill with a telescope ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I would hate it if you couldn't see troops with a rocket. what if you launched one to try to destroy an enemy unit, how would you know their were troops there? what if your rocket hit and you found out that no troops were there? you just wasted a valuable rocket.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • attacker101 wrote:

I would hate it if you couldn't see troops with a rocket. what if you launched one to try to destroy an enemy unit, how would you know their were troops there? what if your rocket hit and you found out that no troops were there? you just wasted a valuable rocket.
      That's how it were in WW2 at least. IMO this feature isn't that useful, i would feel indifferent if it's there or not, i don't usually watch the point of impact when the rocket is about to hit, and i needed something to scout the effect after the impact, besides you would need to know where to launch in the first place that the rocket isn't going to be wasted.
    • AK140 wrote:

Gee, i wonder why the impact observation team could not just report the enemy unit at all times.
      Sometimes it is dark.

The Sun has a set pattern it follows in the sky based on the tilt of the earth, Sometimes a day consists of more hours of darkness than daylight.

In WW2 rockets were used frequently at night so that you could not see them approaching. The rockets that fell on London made noises that terrorized the population more than killed them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• attacker101 wrote:

I would hate it if you couldn't see troops with a rocket. what if you launched one to try to destroy an enemy unit, how would you know their were troops there?
      In most cases, you can afterwards read about losses in the newspaper.
      In the other cases you indeed wouldn't know if the rocket only damaged units or didn't hit any at all. And it would be good that you don't know. Rockets are (unrealistically) over-powered enough. They shouldn't additionally have a camera + transmitter.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

In the other cases you indeed wouldn't know if the rocket only damaged units or didn't hit any at all. And it would be good that you don't know. Rockets are (unrealistically) over-powered enough. They shouldn't additionally have a camera + transmitter.
      I would contend that rockets are overpowered in the context of WW 2 BUT in this computer game they are needed as a check and balance when a player unrealistically overstacks a province with little or no intention of playing/winning the game.
      As for whether a rocket should or shouldn't reveal troops, I think it should show results. In this day and age most 'good' players who use rockets have done a reveal by gold or spies before launching and don't use them as an offensive or defensive weapon but a clearing out weapon. Most poor players might benefit from seeing their rocket hit an empty town and learn from it.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I don’t believe that it would be practical to remove the sight completely from rockets. Naturally all units have some range of sight and illumination is the way this is depicted on the map. You will notice that rockets have a very small circle of illumination when they are alone in a province you have right of way with for example.

Even if it is possible to remove the sight completely from this unit, that would make it invisible when parked in a province that you don’t have shared map with. I don’t think that is something that would work well.

VorlonFCW

• Yes - I had also noticed that, Vorlon. And certainly you're right that the line of sight of rockets cannot be or shouldn't be reduced to 0.
      But maybe if it's reduced to a minimum of 1 km or something alike, the moment a flying rocket reveals enemy troops would become too short for anyone to use this "feature". Or the devs have another programmable solution for it, like reducing it to 0 only for flying rockets.
      Anyhow we can only tell Bytro it would be nice if this was changed (by the way not important, though) - if there exists a proper solution for it only developers and game designer can know.