Chicken meat side dish

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chicken meat side dish

Alright i have a problem with a good side dish to the chicken meat, i eat for 3 months already only mashed potatoes, cabbage, regular potatoes and rice. I started to mix it up with salt, pepper and a lot of other insets, but it got boring so i need tips: what do you like to eat with any meat?
      Please consider the following:
      1) It shall be affordable
      2) It shouldnt take more than 15 minutes to make
      3) I cook on Olive Oil
      4 [optional]) Try it to not be vegetables, if they are really tasty then ok
      Thanks!
    • Have you tried roasting the chicken and small potatoes in the oven? By small I mean 2 bites each, or a larger potato cut into chunks that size.

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F

Coat the potatoes with oil and some herbs. Garlic is usually called for, plus Salt and pepper of course but I might add rosemary or oregano too.

Broccoli works well as a roasted vegetable, and it is rare we make something without an onion or two sliced up in it.

Usually roast for an hour or so.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Have you tried roasting the chicken and small potatoes in the oven? By small I mean 2 bites each, or a larger potato cut into chunks that size.

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F

Coat the potatoes with oil and some herbs. Garlic is usually called for, plus Salt and pepper of course but I might add rosemary or oregano too.

Broccoli works well as a roasted vegetable, and it is rare we make something without an onion or two sliced up in it.

Usually roast for an hour or so.
      I have done a very similar mechanism with garlic, potatoes and very small bites of chicken, but still thanks for the opinion. Have never eaten a fried broccoli with that tho
    • Another good option is Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.

Chicken, grilled with plenty of pepper and spices

Fettuccine, or any pasta really

Alfredo sauce

The spicy chicken goes well with the cool alfredo sauce. I simply buy the alfredo sauce in a jar, although you can make it with simply Butter, Cream, and Parmasean cheese. I find buying it already made to be cheaper.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• hakijaa wrote:

cabbage,
      Since you mention cabbage I assume that it is both affordable and available where you are. One of my favorite cabbage recipies is a polish dish: Golumpkis . There are many names under which you could search for recipes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go%C5%82%C4%85bki

Primarily made with pork or beef instead of chicken

I prefer the "lazy" style which is less work. These are good to make ahead and freeze to reheat for dinner when you don't have a lot of time.

I found this recipe online, which is similar, but it isn't mine. We don't really use a recipe, just add stuff until it looks right :)

• 1 head green cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
      • 1 pound ground beef
      • 1 teaspoon salt
      • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
      • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
      • 2 cups water
      • 1 cup white rice
      • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
      • 1 (32 ounce) container crushed tomatoes

1. Boil cabbage in a stockpot until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
      2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix salt, parsley, onion powder, and black pepper into ground beef.
      3. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir tomato soup and crushed tomatoes together in a bowl.
      4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
      5. Combine cabbage, seasoned ground beef, rice, and tomato mixture together in a bowl; transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
      6. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 45 minutes.

VorlonFCW