A Curious Problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Curious Problem

I posted this question in the Dirty Dozen thread, but I'm not sure how often it is checked. I lost 20 air last night, while I was offline. They were patrolling over a city with 1 anti-air. They were in two groups of 5 fighter, 5 bombers. They were wiped them out in probably a few hours. How much air would you need to do that and only lose 1,358 men?
    • A couple of things comes to my mind that might cause this~
      1. Was the AA in a fort, a level 5 fort would protect it, with the low losses, my assumption would be a fort is involved.
      2. Since you said you were not online~ When I see someone using patrol for long periods, i'll happily send a stack of AA under it to shoot em down
      3. possibly seeing you patrol they used interceptors or jet fighters to shoot you down

I only use patrol when I am offline over friendly territory, for I am not there to moniter what happens to them
    • What level were your planes, and is it possible there is a higher level available to research currently?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • :thumbup:

One other thing to mention:

Were your two patrols in the EXACT same place? or just almost the same place?

If you placed one and then placed the other they were likely a little bit off center, so that one patrol could be engaged without touching the other. When dealing with the pro's you want to make sure you don't leave that opening. Actually you want to make sure not to leave planes in harms way at all when offline. ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I have to mention, leaving planes on open while you are offline is bad idea. Air fight must be watched constantly. I had one yesterday, he had in patrol over the same region 3 groups with 13 interceptors , and two groups with 13 tactical bombers, my force had only 20 fighters and 7 bombers, and my ally had one stack with 8 fighters and 8 bombers.
      Outcome was that he lost only two tac bombers because he pulled them out after 15 minutes, he lost 21 interceptor, my looses were 5 interceptors and 2 tac bombers. My ally pulled his planes out in about two hours when he lost 2 interceptor and 2 bombers . It was hard to me yesterday, but I can not see his plans today. he is still wandering how I did it, and he saw it all,i know he was online. All would be gone if he did not pulled them out when he saw that they were rapidly falling from the sky.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.