How many times you saw fight between two big spenders?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many times you saw fight between two big spenders?

I have played more than 70 games and I saw only one fight between two big spenders. I am just curious, how many did you see? I think they are trying to avoid each other as much as possible .
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I did fight MauriP..a top 10 player on COW...I spent over 2000 US dollars and got annihilated.

MauriP chose Yugoslavia...I chose Syria...

We fought to tooth and nail across Istanbul (Constantinople), about 50 - 60 rail guns were used between us, I had over 100 anti air units and spent a force of about 50 tac bombers. Plus the rest....

Forts were constructed everywhere and fully upgraded...

I took over the entire middle east including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, Iran and Afghanistan...

Soon enough, within days, I was completely flushed out of Turkey and I made a fighting retreat southbound.
      I ended up sending a huge force down to South Africa...after I took Madagascar, with ease...

Then in Southern Africa, I fought Human player to the death and eventually died......Although, Madagascar was a good hold out for a while, my resources were insufficient, this led to my ultimate decline.

The war started because we both went for the Crimea region.

MauriP slowly & surely won this round...solo victory
      Images
      • yukyukyuk.jpg

101.9 kB, 400×300, viewed 211 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• In my country if you take average wage, people have to work for 4 months to earn 2k of US dollars. SO spending that amount of cash is very big problem. My car worth less :)
      But I would like if I had opportunity to see fight like this. Fight I saw was like fireworks , hundreds and hundreds rocket flying all over map. It lasted for 2 hours and my friend lost that fight. War ended because I asked other player to join mu coalition and we made coalition victory. That way I lost my friend, never heard from him again. I think he was disappointed because he wanted revenge or to continue the fight. I am talking about friend I got in game, not real life.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • BMfox wrote:

In the country where i live an average wage is about 6000-7000$
      That is good normal life. Here in Serbia most of people do not earn it in whole year. Maybe they earn half of it. Can you imagine this?
    • This was somewhere between my 10th and 15th game. This was on American Home front and the battle was between New York and I believe California and it was spectacular! I was playing as North Quebec and i had South Quebec's land and that was it i had right of way with New York so he wouldn't instantly kill me. Around day 40 or 50 they engaged each other and everyday I would check the news paper to see who was ahead in each category. I remember the military jumping from around 25% to about 43% in the 4 day period between the military estimates on the newspaper. I don't remember who won because New York Sent some large divisions out to kill me and i kinda left after that but honestly i wish i woulda stayed and watched. if i were to guess the total they spent i would guess somewhere between 500-1000$ which honestly is insane.
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus
    • I once fought a player who was Texas (the huge gold spender) and I was colorado in the 100 map. It took 8 people to kill him...Or about 18 days. The only way we won is because Illinois was a gold spender too and he helped me take him over. At one point he took 90% of my provinces but I yoloed into colorado with some 27 divisions of anti air, anti tank, tanks planes and artillery and some how won.
    • Iczz wrote:

I once fought a player who was Texas (the huge gold spender) and I was colorado in the 100 map. It took 8 people to kill him...Or about 18 days. The only way we won is because Illinois was a gold spender too and he helped me take him over. At one point he took 90% of my provinces but I yoloed into colorado with some 27 divisions of anti air, anti tank, tanks planes and artillery and some how won.

Well done Iczz, to outplay a gold user is seriously good gaming.
    • gusv wrote:

Perhaps the solution would be to have a limit on purchases of gold for a specific game (e.g 100,000 ... 200,000 ... 300,000?)?

I also had the same idea, also that some rounds should cost gold to enter, but no gold usage is allowed, or that this is limited, I would make joining such a round a 20000 minimum, and to make things really fair, or just more strategical, limit coalition members to three only.
    • Once I saw a noob gold user who put all his stuff in huge stacks. I had a huge stockpile of nukes. So, I did this to him.
      Images
      • moreattractiveness.jpg

30.66 kB, 297×272, viewed 253 times
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • If I spent that much money on COW, I would be in jail for bankruptcy and fraud. :)
      There are rounds that cost gold to enter, and gold free rounds. Check out the Dirty Dozen for more info on that.
      "

It's not nuclear rockets, but they still did the job.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I like those picture, like it is the end of the world.:)
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • I have one more that is sort of cool, but it is only conventional rockets:
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."