Stormbringer50 Senior Moderator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stormbringer50 Senior Moderator

You know, I never introduced myself.

Call me Storm, or Stormy

Ive been a member of the EN staff for almost 2 years now, and most of that time I have been your senior moderator.

That means that I train and guide the moderators in chat and forum. It is also part of my role to interpret and enforce the terms of service we all agreed to when we made our accounts. I originally took a staff position because I wanted to see "the rules" enforced in a more consistent and fair manner. I sincerely hope that the community feels that we have been successful in this endeavor.

All game staff are here to assist the community first and foremost. All game staff are here volunteering their time to help other users in the game.

I prefer if you have an issue regarding the rules of forum or chat, or if you have a disagreement with an interpretation, that you contact me through a forum convo, or through my pm mailbox. If you receive mail from me, it is best to reply to the message I sent.

About me? pssh. Im just an old guy that has played video games since they became available. I was in the chess club, and played dungeons and dragons for years.

Finally, I genuinely enjoy helping people, Ive played Call of War for about 40 months now, so Im always a good one to ask "Why did this happen"?

The post was edited 5 times, last by Stormbringer50 ().

• hello Storm, or Stormy. nice to hear about you since I have known you since I began playing.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Hey Storm, A big 'Thank You' to you and all the other staff that help keep this game alive. Sometimes things go bad (update bugs etc...) but without you all there would be abject chaos. So thanks to you all.

PS - are you a Tactics II guy?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz) German WWII general and tank commander, theorist of tank combat and father of the blitzkrieg.
    • hi guys.

i am also a senior moderator on the en server. (you only get one forum tag, and it goes to the highest rank). so indeed, any appeals or concerns over rules in en chat or forum should go to me, or my co-smod Byzantion1683.

these appeals or concerns should be addressed privately, as we cannot discuss staff actions in public, and we can never discuss anything related to a third party.

with that in mind, a good place to discuss those things are in a private forum convo, or use the cow message system found on the main page.
    • I find about 1 or 2 AI controlled countries will reply with right-of-way, and on a rare occasion they give the Share Map view where you get to see all of their units. I wish this would happen more often because of the value of having an unknown AI ally that you cut through to do a surprise attack. Keeps you on your toes defending against this sneaky game play.

It would also be helpful if the non-active player's country would also act in this way, say give it 10 days and then maybe they would be open to R.O.W. alliance.

This is also needed due to all of the crazy morale riots and province flips that often surround one province of your enemy that you need to wipe out to be no longer "at war" with them. Got this problem right now. The random flips have really gotten out of hand.
    • Colonel Snap wrote:

Hi Storm. Just a note of concern that the administrator of the game I'm playing is bending the rules. News has advised that 3 players are left in our game ie. Me, Commandir 1 and P23X are active so I'm wondering how he got right of way thru Egypt. Thank you
      game admins have absolutely no powers over such things.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Colonel Snap wrote:

Hi Storm. Just a note of concern that the administrator of the game I'm playing is bending the rules. News has advised that 3 players are left in our game ie. Me, Commandir 1 and P23X are active so I'm wondering how he got right of way thru Egypt. Thank you
      The only thing game admins can do is kick inactive players to make room for new joins. It's a fairly useless position. If a player has ROW with an AI that's either because they got it before the other player went AFK or because they changed their relationship with the AI to ROW and the AI later returned the favor, which happens sometimes.