Steak. . . how do you like it seasoned?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Steak. . . how do you like it seasoned?

How do you like your steak cooked? 12
        Well done (1) 8%
        Medium-Well (2) 17%
        Medium (5) 42%
        Medium-Rare (3) 25%
        Rare (1) 8%
      I would like to hear about how you guys season your steak and how you like it cooked.
      Images
      • download (1).jpeg

11.77 kB, 288×175, viewed 191 times
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus
    • Medium-rare and medium is the real way to enjoy steak. Cooking steak well done might as well be a crime
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus
    • Medium and I only want some salt for seasoning in most cases. Perhaps some black pepper if I am in the mood.

If I want something to taste like A1 sauce I can just put that on a burger. I want a steak to taste like a steak.

Eat Beef! The West wasn't won on Salad!
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Rare, baked very short on a very hot fire, so the thin outer layer closes immediatly and keeps all the juice inside where the meat is still red.

Only applicable to real quality steak meat of course, not to the pieces of cow bearing a " steak" label you usually find in a supermarket these days.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Lately I've been doing something called ''season the board'' after seeying a video on it on youtube. It basicly means that you keep all the seasoning on the board after cutting it (I know, who'd have thought). This prevents the herbs and spices from burning in the pan. Cut the herbs and spices on the board and add the pepper.

After you bake your steak the way you want it (medium for me) you cut it on the bord and toss it through the herbs. Then you let it rest there for a while. Last but not least, add a little butter (uncooked) and then, finally some salt.

Lets the herbs keep their flavoring and it saps into the meat as the fluids that left the stake after cutting it go back in while letting the meat rest.

Enjoy!
    • Edepedable wrote:

Lately I've been doing something called ''season the board'' after seeying a video on it on youtube. It basicly means that you keep all the seasoning on the board after cutting it (I know, who'd have thought). This prevents the herbs and spices from burning in the pan. Cut the herbs and spices on the board and add the pepper.

After you bake your steak the way you want it (medium for me) you cut it on the bord and toss it through the herbs. Then you let it rest there for a while. Last but not least, add a little butter (uncooked) and then, finally some salt.

Lets the herbs keep their flavoring and it saps into the meat as the fluids that left the stake after cutting it go back in while letting the meat rest.

Enjoy!
      Sounds pretty good I'll have to try it when I get the chance. :D
      Heraclitus
    • hakijaa wrote:

It isnt very popular here on Balkans... Long live Ćevapi and Pljeskavice!
      Thats a real shame, I'm sure there missing out.
      Heraclitus
    • Cinnashimp wrote:

Edepedable wrote:

Lately I've been doing something called ''season the board'' after seeying a video on it on youtube. It basicly means that you keep all the seasoning on the board after cutting it (I know, who'd have thought). This prevents the herbs and spices from burning in the pan. Cut the herbs and spices on the board and add the pepper.

Lets the herbs keep their flavoring and this link it saps into the meat as the fluids that left the stake after cutting it go back in while letting the meat rest.

Enjoy!
      Sounds pretty good I'll have to try it when I get the chance. :D
      I've tried this one! Taste is amazing!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by muryan ().