New Unit: Minefields

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Unit: Minefields

Hello, I am posting this new idea because I like it a lot and has been used in ww2.

Minefields (To unlock)

Lvl 3 infantry (This is because you can't spam mines early on and you need experienced infantry to place them down correctly)

Minefields (To place down in a certain province)

Lvl 3 forts (So you can't spam early round and it is like an almost natural limit since not many people spam forts)

Damage from Minefields

Tanks: Attack: 2 Defend: 0

Infantry: Attack: 2.5 Defend: 0

*Attack goes up .5 for every new level research*

Detection of Minefields

Lvl 3 infantry

(You can also tell by the level of fort)

To Upgrade Minefields

This unit can go from level 1-3

To get get higher lvl you need the corresponding fort level. At this point level of infantry doesn't matter to get higher level.

Lvl 1 Minefield- Lvl 3 infantry and Lvl 3 forts

Lvl 2 Minefield- Lvl 4 forts

Lvl 3 Minefields- Lvl 5 forts

Area of influence and diameter of Minefield

5km in diameter

Everything in that circle will be hit.

Strength/Weaknesses in different terrain

Field 100%

Trees 100%

Hills 75% (low damage in hills/mountains since they are already a natural barrier for many units)

Mountains 50% (low damage in hills/mountains since they are already a natural barrier for many units)

----------
      I am pretty sure I got everything that takes to be a unit in a game. ALSO, you cannot put more than 1 minefield in a province (Gold spammers eyerolls). Thank you for responding for this unit. I'd love to see it in a game.
    • Minefields do have some merit...If you are winning, you have vast territories to protect - if you are losing how to slow the enemy down while you re-group.
      Without getting into 'historical accurate stuff' but rather on what COW really is to me an on-line war game, I'm not sure how you could implement it without drastically changing the game.
      I would think if COW was interested in something like this, they would act like a transport for defense/attack at maybe .3. No more than 1 per territory. That would slow down the random AC/LT charging through the countryside - yet maybe not lose the balance of the game.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I like the idea but personally I think mines should do a little more damage, maybe +2 for each level of mines? Currently the damage is a little low...
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

I like the idea but personally I think mines should do a little more damage, maybe +2 for each level of mines? Currently the damage is a little low...
      Yea, until you step on one.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"