Notre Dame

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So sad what happened in Paris today...Notre Dame survived so many tough times in Europe (the French Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, World War I, World War II, the list goes on and on). I'm not even French but my heart is heavy for the City of Lights. I wish I had taken the opportunity to see it before today's terrible events. :(
    • Do you know how many monasteries and churches did Albanian people burn in 2004 on Kosovo?
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I know it is a bit late, but when stumbling across this, there was no way not to take a peek. It is very sad that something so tragic like this happened, especially to something that has survived so much, just like you said, *sigh* it truly is a shame that such a famous attraction had to get this kind of treatment, whatever the cause was, it was no where near deserving of it's horrible fate.
    • They are raising money to build another..... But it will be different
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell