while our beta testers are still busy testing the new Paratroopers, we are bringing to you more bugfixes and graphical improvements which will give you a greater overview and precision in your commands. The first highlight is the reintroduction of the unit start animation in the enhanced graphics version, which gives direct feedback when units start following your orders. Next we implemented new path ending icons that give you a greater overview of where your armies are heading and which type of order they have. We also made the selection of units much more precisely aligned to their image on the map. Last but not least we added ground shadows for the flight arrows of airplanes, to give players better visual feedback of the actual flight path.
Please read the change log below for an overview of all new features and bugfixes.
Graphical improvements (WebGL version):
- A smooth starting animation is shown when giving a move command to a unit.
- Unit selection is now pixel-perfectly aligned to the unit image instead of being an invisible box.
- Airplane flight arrows now have a shadow underneath to accurately depict their actual flight path.
- End points of paths on the map now show a new icon depicting the current order of the unit.
- Path previews now display an attack icon when crossing enemy provinces.
- The province colors in the morale view are now lighter again.
- In the desktop version all menus now have a matching header image.
- We fixed an issue that led to players achieving a solo map win despite being members of a coalition or team. Coalition or team victory conditions now have priority over the solo victory condition.
- Achievement rewards now can be collected in a timely manner after unlocking them, without a long waiting time in between.
- Airplanes on aircraft carriers can now always be selected properly.
- We fixed a bug that led to attack vectors being displayed on certain maps after the game had ended.
- WebGL: When moving a unit into an enemy province, the red attack path color is now always shown correctly
- WebGL: Clouds no longer block the view in the middle of the screen.
We hope you like the changes and look forward to the upcoming release of the Paratroopers. You don’t have to wait much longer!
Your Bytro Team