not being able to click units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• not being able to click units

I was on one of my CoW rounds when suddenly, I couldn't select any of my units. I would scroll over the troops with my mouse and couldn't select them and they wouldn't light up. I could, however select the province. the only way to solve this is to reload the page but it happens several times so far and I have to keep loading the page. sometimes some units will just not show up, even when I scroll over them, they won't show up. this is happening on several of my rounds, not just one. can you guys fix this please?
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • This is under investigation currently. As it doesn't happen to everyone or everywhere we are still gathering data on it.

If you notice patterns, such as "after I do "x" then I can't select units", Or "In several games I have trouble in a certain region" please post that here.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • *this meant to go in the "Bug Reports" section of the forum but a Gremlin came onto my computer and clicked "questions and answers" instead and I had no time to react. so this was meant to be in bug reports
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
    • The devs are working on a fix for this already.

This is only occurring in enhanced graphics. The easiest solution for now is to disable the enhanced graphics from the settings menu in the lower right corner of the game.

Desktop users may have luck with using the shadow-loop selection method. Simply hold the right mouse button and draw a loop around the unit to select it. Generally a triangle shape works best.

So far I have seen that if you don’t cross the “map seam” your units are selectable as usual. This means that you should not scroll the map across the midpoint of the Pacific Ocean. If you go in the other direction you can select the units normally in many cases.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

So far I have seen that if you don’t cross the “map seam” your units are selectable as usual.
      it still doesn't work for units in the middle of the Pacific. I have a troop near Hawaii on a island but I can't click it either way on the seam, going on the map to the left or right.
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
    • There can always be units stuck within the map seam, which is a slightly different issue, although the same alternate selection methods sometimes work.

There are many alternate methods of selecting units when directly clicking on them is ineffective:

You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. Sometimes a "triangle" motion works better than a circle motion. This will make a gray shadow and select all the units in the loop. In the case of planes: Having the circle include the airbase or carrier they are stationed from is necessary. You will then need to use the split command to separate the planes from the carrier or units at the airfield.

Or, For units with a known designation, such as AB12, you can use Ctrl +F and type in the unitID to select the unit. You may be able to determine the designation from newspaper reports or from the unit list as if you were going to trade an army to someone in diplomacy menu. All of your units will start with the same letter code.

Or, The units can be selected by cycling through the units with the left and right arrow keys until the desired unit is found. Typically if you start by selecting a nearby unit and use an arrow key you will get other units within view. In some cases reloading the game will freshen the list and sort order, and enable you to find the unit easier with this method.

VorlonFCW

• attacker101 wrote:

do we get any gold for experiencing the problem
      No, as you could have switched the enhanced graphics off and had control of your units at any time. It was only an issue if you moved a certain way on the map in enhanced graphics.

VorlonFCW