Dismissal of RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dismissal of RP

When it comes to RP on Call of War, it is dismissed, especially by the English Mods. (By mods i mean people who can create any map like the popular 100 and 25 Player maps) Ever since the removal of the ability to make the 25 player map, RP on Call of War has basically become dead. Yes the RPU still hosts RP sessions but not every roleplayer is into intense sessions with a huge and restrictive rule set. Some players such as myself prefer more relaxed session. However after the removal of the ability to make the 25 player map, that luxury has been taken away from us. Yes we still have the 22 player and 10 player maps but they're are Europe and bits of North America and North Africa. I've been told myself and plenty of other people have that if you get enough players, you can ask for a 25 player map to be made. However the mods, especially English just dont seem to care. If you don't like RP that is fair enough not everyone does but it doesn't take hours of your time to make a map for a group of people. Some people may bring up the issue of a mod not knowing if someone actually has 25 players to play, thats where there should be some sort of way to check and even for that sake apply for a map. I hope people read this and understand what it is i'm trying to say and that also something can be changed with regards to how us roleplayers can get a 25 player map.
    • As the 25 player map is system generated the current policy is NOT to create additional maps.

The reason that 25 player maps are no longer player creatable is because they are often underused and primarily abandoned which is simply a waste of server space.

The EN staff has in the past created some role play events, and this has not been met with enthusiastic participation by the community, so that was discontinued.

If there is interest in a community event role play we can explore the possibility again, but as I am the EN Main Admin and I read every post on the forum every day I have not seen a strong role play community here that would participate.

However since your post insults my staff, I am not particularly inclined to assist you at this point. Have a nice day.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I miss the ability to make Historic World War maps. Rest in pepperoni
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

As the 25 player map is system generated the current policy is NOT to create additional maps.

The reason that 25 player maps are no longer player creatable is because they are often underused and primarily abandoned which is simply a waste of server space.

The EN staff has in the past created some role play events, and this has not been met with enthusiastic participation by the community, so that was discontinued.

If there is interest in a community event role play we can explore the possibility again, but as I am the EN Main Admin and I read every post on the forum every day I have not seen a strong role play community here that would participate.

However since your post insults my staff, I am not particularly inclined to assist you at this point. Have a nice day.
      I am not insulting your staff in any manner or at least i am not trying to. It is true that the English Mods care less about Rp than the other Mods. Also your point on no enthusiasm, there is enthusiasm for Rp but it is on Discord not on the forum. The way RPs are run has evolved around using Discord because of the many features it has. I for a fact knew a group of 25 people who were enthusiastic for a Rp but got little to no reponse from any mods. Again i am sorry if i insulted you or the staff, it was not my intention

The post was edited 1 time, last by emuempire1936 ().