My Game shows 19 French armies (a fallen rival) in Brest after fall of France.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Game shows 19 French armies (a fallen rival) in Brest after fall of France.

My Game shows 19 French armies (a fallen rival) in Brest after fall of France. These armies should not exist if there is no country. A software snafu?
    • No, they exist. They will stay there until you kill them. Use arty to kill them and infront of arty put enough force to stop counter attack.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • AI units disappear automatically when they lose last province.
      But as long a fallen player stays active he can use his remaining units.
      So you can (normally) either wait until he becomes inactive and the units disappear or, since he now stands directly in your country, for safety's sake you better kill them as patriota says -- to be able to sleep peacefully ..

From the update Sep 12th 2017 >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/17214-war-management << :

Alkyonor wrote:

In addition, we made an important change to the way troops of defeated players are treated, together with a few bugfixes:
      When players lose all of their provinces AND become inactive or AI,
      their remaining armies are removed from the map and relations are reset
      to peace.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

AI units disappear automatically when they lose last province.
      I never saw that units disappear. I have lost many units who meet inactive players units on sea. They stayed for weeks and more.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • patriota75 wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

AI units disappear automatically when they lose last province.
      I never saw that units disappear. I have lost many units who meet inactive players units on sea. They stayed for weeks and more.
      If you ever find orphan units of inactive players who own zero provinces, take a screenshot and send in a bug report.

Naturally active players can still control their units, or AI players who still have a province somewhere can as well.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • @ VorlonFCW on second thought I did not see any of that kind of units for a while. earlier there was plenty of them and it was frustrating when you go trough open sea and hit destroyers or submarines of fallen country. Maybe some update was made to fix that and I missed it/