For Next All Countries All In

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For Next All Countries All In

Hello!
      I have a few suggestions for the next go around of All Countries: All in. I noticed a few problems with it. I'll list the problem, then the suggestion.

Problem 1: Too many inactives
      How many people are going to pick yemen then dominate the world? Lets be real. I know some people will want to do it because they're yemeni or they like a challenge, but not many will.
      Solution: Allow games to start after 85% of people have joined
      Games have to wait an extra hour to start for someone to pick all those stupid little countries like Danzig, but why? Most of the people who play just go inactive, and if you want to join you could still join until day two. I"M NOT DISSING SMALL COUNTRIES. Some of their resources are amazing, and some start with crazy armies for their size.

Problem 2: Abuse of Coalitions
      It makes sense that the coalitions are larger to allow in the almost doubled amount of players, but this is just relentlessly abused. What do people do in a game supposed to allow small countries to shine? They just put all the major powers together. It just annoys me so much that people would just unite Germany, UK, US and Japan or something similar, and force France, Russia and Italy to beat them back through all the small countries. The only way to counter this is if the lazy big coalition is dumb, the other players are smart, or the other players just gold it all to hell.
      Solution: Limit number of superpowers in a coalition
      I'm not sure how to do this, but a coalition shouldn't have more than two superpowers. What you consider superopowers is subjective, but it would certainly force people to give Egypt and Communist China a chance.

Problem 3: Small European Colonizers given short end of the stick
      I went into a game thinking Denmark would be great - it has a big navy and decent positioning if you ally with Germany. However, countries like Denmark, Portugal, Belgium and the Netherlands have decent colonies, but because of all the non core problems and morale troubles, they don't have the influence they should.
      Solution: I don't really know any basic solution to this, as all the troubles come from the current overall game mechanics, like morale and non-core production. Possibly the diplomatic features to integrate colonies in Age of Exploration or whatever that other Bytro game is?

Hey you made it to the end! What do you think? Sorry if I came off badly, I was a bit annoyed in parts. :P
    • I'd like to share my frustration with this map as a small country - Siam. I should have quit on Day 1, however I thought it would be fun to play a small country and join with a coalition. And to stay on topic - as the above poster mentioned, all the big countries joined together and are just rolling. But even that's not my main gripe. Turns out the allocation for Siam with 1 resource per type in the core, no extras, and no doubles - and with and absurdly low productivity per day rate - is just not playable - and I should have quit.
      After suffering through building - here's where I am at in my core (99% morale) on my maxed out rare mineral production (level 3 Infra & level 5 IC) - 873 per day. Whats the point of playing?
    • You bring up some fair points but mind your language please. You are close to insulting other players and gold denouncing what can get you banned. I understand you might be frustrated but please don't show it in your writting.

ITSAEROMF wrote:

Hello!
      I have a few suggestions for the next go around of All Countries: All in. I noticed a few problems with it. I'll list the problem, then the suggestion.

How many people are going to pick yemen then dominate the world? Lets be real. I know some people will want to do it because they're yemeni or they like a challenge, but not many will.
      Games have to wait an extra hour to start for someone to pick all those stupid little countries like Danzig, but why? Most of the people who play just go inactive, and if you want to join you could still join until day two. I"M NOT DISSING SMALL COUNTRIES. Some of their resources are amazing, and some start with crazy armies for their size.

Problem 2: Abuse of Coalitions
      It makes sense that the coalitions are larger to allow in the almost doubled amount of players, but this is just relentlessly abused. What do people do in a game supposed to allow small countries to shine? They just put all the major powers together. It just annoys me so much that people would just unite Germany, UK, US and Japan or something similar, and force France, Russia and Italy to beat them back through all the small countries. The only way to counter this is if the lazy big coalition is dumb, the other players are smart, or the other players just gold it all to hell.
      Solution: Limit number of superpowers in a coalition
      I'm not sure how to do this, but a coalition shouldn't have more than two superpowers. What you consider superopowers is subjective, but it would certainly force people to give Egypt and Communist China a chance.

Problem 3: Small European Colonizers given short end of the stick
      I went into a game thinking Denmark would be great - it has a big navy and decent positioning if you ally with Germany. However, countries like Denmark, Portugal, Belgium and the Netherlands have decent colonies, but because of all the non core problems and morale troubles, they don't have the influence they should.
      Solution: I don't really know any basic solution to this, as all the troubles come from the current overall game mechanics, like morale and non-core production. Possibly the diplomatic features to integrate colonies in Age of Exploration or whatever that other Bytro game is?

Hey you made it to the end! What do you think? Sorry if I came off badly, I was a bit annoyed in parts. :P
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

You bring up some fair points but mind your language please. You are close to insulting other players and gold denouncing what can get you banned. I understand you might be frustrated but please don't show it in your writting.
      Sorry about that, I got a bit carried away. I was a bit annoyed and didn't phrase it as diplomatically as I should have.
    • Small countries really are pathetic. Lots of provinces don't even produce one of every resource- I once played as Costa Rica when this event was first released, and for almost twenty something days my rare material production was at zero, because the closest rare material producing city was in Mexico. Not only should the resource production of small countries be raised a little, but also some more diversity in what resources are available. Not a single country in Central America produces oil or rare materials. Africa is literally devoid of any resources. Etc.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

Small countries really are pathetic. Lots of provinces don't even produce one of every resource- I once played as Costa Rica when this event was first released, and for almost twenty something days my rare material production was at zero, because the closest rare material producing city was in Mexico. Not only should the resource production of small countries be raised a little, but also some more diversity in what resources are available.
      Yes, but I think they were added to the game for balancing and playability, if it was true to life some would be useless.

iDragons wrote:

Africa is literally devoid of any resources. Etc.
      Yeah, but I think it's designed to be which resources the colonizers needed, as it's mostly colonies. They'd have to completely re-do the map to make it more balanced for All Countries All In
    • BMfox wrote:

You bring up some fair points but mind your language please. You are close to insulting other players and gold denouncing what can get you banned. I understand you might be frustrated but please don't show it in your writting.

ITSAEROMF wrote:

Sometimes that can cause confusion like when there are too much wait time and you left for half an hour and moments later system tells you that game.... is starting and when you are there, it says that the game is full. So that is a bad idea. And even if the entire game is 100% active player, players will still be inactive after that when they only played it once. Inactive players can also be fun, you get to mess around with them. Unless they are Elites.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • Edward Hartmann wrote:

I played as Xinjiang of all countries and am dominating the world in money, army, resources, and size. Defeated Soviet Union, Persia, Germany, Poland, a bunch of AIs in the area between, and have almost defeated Italy.
      Don’t judge a book by its cover...
      The difference between Xinjiang and Yemen is Yemen starts off with one city, Xinjiang has four. Xinjiang has all essential resources as cores; Yemen does not. Yemen is bordered by Saudi Arabia and United Kingdom; Xinjiang is bordered by the Soviet Union(whose troops are spread super thin around its huge land size), Tibet, and China(whose troops are all on the Japanese border).

Point is, some small countries are literally unplayable. Xinjiang is not one of those countries.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel