Annexation of Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Annexation of Provinces

I’ve been playing this game for awhile, as well as three of its family members, Supremacy 1914, Conflict of Nations, and New World Empires. I’ve realized that this game is missing something that the others have, Annexation. (Besides Supremacy, because there are no cores.) Having the option to annex provinces and cities would make the game a lot more interesting, realistic, and easier to create large empires, which can lead to giant wars between multiple massive empires. This will also give a better chance to small nations in ‘All countries, all in’ as they can annex the lands they take, and get the resources and manpower that their nation lacks. To annex a province, you must frist occupy it. (Obviously) It will then take Goods, Food, and Money to annex it. The amount of Goods, Food and Money should depend on the morale and population of the province. The cost shouldn’t be huge, and the cost shouldn’t be equal to every province. It would not be fair if, let’s say, you invaded the Soviet Union. To annex Moscow, it takes 5,000 Goods, 5,000 Food, and 30,000 Money. But, it would also cost the same amount to annex a random empty province in Siberia, which would lead to people ignoring non-cities. Going by population should make it so that cities are costly to annex, and provinces are cheap to annex, but obviously, you’d be annexing a lot of them. The benefit of annexing a province would be an increase of resource production. (Money, Manpower, and any vidal resource that may be in the province.) The production would go to anywhere from 35%-60% production. 50% production would make sense, but I don’t control you guys, and even having the option to annex provinces would be greatly appreciated. If you annex a province, and the province is taken, it would lose its annexation, and taking back a province that was previously annexed should have a stable morale, similar to when you retake a core-province, but it would be in the 30s, so morale is low, but not rebellious. This would allow people to more easily retake province that they’ve held on to and have annexed. The morale of the province should need to be 35% before annexing, and or take time to annex the province. Theses are all ideas, and any of them can be changed or modified.

The post was edited 1 time, last by King_Max ().

• I'm not a big fan, a lot of players would lose their capital on day one. Secondly this means that players who use gold in the game could take over an entire country over in a matter of minutes without a fight. You can see this would be problematic and kind of the opposite of the goal of the game.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

I'm not a big fan, a lot of players would lose their capital on day one. Secondly this means that players who use gold in the game could take over an entire country over in a matter of minutes without a fight. You can see this would be problematic and kind of the opposite of the goal of the game.
      What? no, the player needs to invade and occupy the land before they can annex it. I wasn't saying that they could bribe a city into joining them, that would be game ruining. This doesn't happen in other games, and I never said it was like that, so I'm not really sure where you got that from. I will make it a little more clear.
    • It would be broken if you could anex non core provinces and get full benefits. I would suggest instead that you construct a certain building that takes a very long time to finish (as in several days) and costs a ton of resources (maybe double a lvl1 IC)

Once completed this building would turn the province from occupied state where you only get 25% of total production at 100% morale it converts to annexed state which gives say 50% production at 100% morale.

Basically the point is you cant do it this with every province but only with worthwhile provinces such as double grain or double oil provinces.
    • I think that, although I wish the resource production and all the benefits of core-provinces could be applied, one thing that really bugs me: the lines. I am not saying to get rid of the lines but simply, make them softer! If any of you have ever played CoN, (Conflict of Nations) your occupied territory has the lines through it, but they are much softer. I think this would make things better and that way you look like a big empire rather than a small country with a lot of occupied territory.
    • From my understanding King_Max is suggesting that the non-core production penalty for your provinces can be decreased for a price, but the province must reach a minimum of 35% morale before they can even do that.
      This is similar to the idea of a building decreasing this penalty, like Kanaris stated, except there is a moral requirement before it could be built.

The idea of a morale requirement beforehand would definitely limit the reduction of this penalty even further which would mean the effects of this change is lessened. This makes the entire idea more appealing than just a building.

So, I suggest that if your non-core province can reach at least 50% morale, you will be able to employ whatever we suggest that would decrease the non-core penalty. The idea of annexation appeals to me more because buildings currently do not involve morale requirements to be built. So if you reach the minimum of 50% morale, you can take any non-core province of yours, pay (idk): 10000 goods, 8000 food, and 40000 cash to annex it; then the production will be changed from the 25% to a new 40%.

My numbers are just a starting suggestions, the larger the price, the smaller the impact of the change.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • The reason I suggested a building its because it takes time to complete and also can be destroyed. So this process should not be instantaneous it should take time to complete several days.

Also the building addresses well what happens when the annexed province falls into enemy hands. Basically the annexed status should be lost and you would have to start from scratch if you were to capture it back.

Now if there is a better mechanism then constructing a building to do the above I have no objections.
    • BMfox wrote:

So what you ment is that your annexed province would become a core province?
      It would become an annexed province, which doesn't have full production, but has more production than the occupied province. It'd be like Conflict of Nations when you annex a city, the production goes from 25% to 50% making the city more useful for a price. Making them full on core provinces would be very over powered, and even annexing provinces might be a little, but there are many ways to nerf it.
    • Kanaris wrote:

The reason I suggested a building its because it takes time to complete and also can be destroyed. So this process should not be instantaneous it should take time to complete several days.

Also the building addresses well what happens when the annexed province falls into enemy hands. Basically the annexed status should be lost and you would have to start from scratch if you were to capture it back.

Now if there is a better mechanism then constructing a building to do the above I have no objections.
      What could happen is: There be a building to annex the province which costs an amount of goods, food, and or what ever they deicde it should cost. It would act kind of like the capital does. You can't see it when you select the province, and it always is completly destroyed when the province it's taken over. To me, saying that it's a building makes it a little more complacted, as you would need to annex it using the construction tab in the province anyways. It could be a building, not sure what building it would be, but it could also be 'annex province' and then once it's finished it becomes an annexed province with more production. And if the province is taken, the annexation is gone. Either way, it simply depends on how the creaters decide to make it.
    • My 2 cents worth should someone ever think annexing is a good idea would be to allow provinces to become annexed if their morale reaches a certain percentage...
      Now you could move your capital, build IF's, or fortifications on specific provinces in an attempt to get it to 'flip'. This suggestion would be more surgical in the annexing approach.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • King_Max wrote:

It would become an annexed province, which doesn't have full production, but has more production than the occupied province. It'd be like Conflict of Nations when you annex a city, the production goes from 25% to 50% making the city more useful for a price. Making them full on core provinces would be very over powered, and even annexing provinces might be a little, but there are many ways to nerf it.
      Correct me if this is outdated information, but in Conflict of Nations, occupied cities can't produce soldiers and you can only build troops in cities. Implementing this according to the CoN model would not be compatible, because in Call of War you can build troops anywhere and occupied cities do not have a "you must annex to build troops here" nerf.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

King_Max wrote:

Correct me if this is outdated information, but in Conflict of Nations, occupied cities can't produce soldiers and you can only build troops in cities. Implementing this according to the CoN model would not be compatible, because in Call of War you can build troops anywhere and occupied cities do not have a "you must annex to build troops here" nerf.
      You would still be able to produce untis in occupied provinces as normal, I was using it as an expample for the production in the province.
    • Maybe instead of just being an extra bonus to the propaganda office, it can be a level 3 bonus as building propaganda offices in newly conquered territory isn't that uncommon if not widespread as the only main reason I can think players wouldn't already build propaganda offices is if they don't have the resources to do so, or if they are using gold, but that is a different issue. If this was added as a straight bonus to propaganda offices, Propaganda offices could be on the edge of being over powered and unbalanced, I can't think of a better solution than it being an exclusive level 3 bonus, but just a straight bonus could mean that the developers could be doing a decent amount of work and a decent chunk of the player base properly won't notice a thing.
    • I like the idea. On top of this, there should be "claimed" provinces in the base game also. The claims should be based on historical stuff (e.g. Germany has claims over all of Austria) and if you own a claimed province it takes less resources and time to annex it AND it gives you full stats. Obviously there shouldn't be TOO many claimed provinces for each country; that would be overpowered. Maybe to "normalize" a non-claim, you have to spend even more resources and time (maybe let's say double the resources, triple the money and time) so that full integration wouldn't be possible until late game.
    • AhYes2 wrote:

I like the idea. On top of this, there should be "claimed" provinces in the base game also. The claims should be based on historical stuff (e.g. Germany has claims over all of Austria) and if you own a claimed province it takes less resources and time to annex it AND it gives you full stats. Obviously there shouldn't be TOO many claimed provinces for each country; that would be overpowered. Maybe to "normalize" a non-claim, you have to spend even more resources and time (maybe let's say double the resources, triple the money and time) so that full integration wouldn't be possible until late game.
      We dont want too many different things. It would be far too hard to implement.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan