Can we have a way to delete troops?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It actually is a really good idea. But if you talk about challenge, why don't you just make some kind of very expensive unit that can destroy own troops that is both challenging and easy. Problem Solved!
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • RYANWEN wrote:

It actually is a really good idea. But if you talk about challenge, why don't you just make some kind of very expensive unit that can destroy own troops that is both challenging and easy. Problem Solved!
      Who in the world is mad enough to do that?? If you have too many troops, you either a)invade someone with them, b) sell them to your allies or c) improve your food production. If your food is at such a terrible condition that you can't even keep it in positive production, you shoulda considered that when you made a ridiculous number of troops in the first place!
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • But why does converting units need to be unbalanced? IF it is yo be implemented it could always be made sure that it costs the same in time and resources as making a unit directly. Only difference being that you can 'get rid' of unwanted units. If that were the case I'd be interrsted.

There could also be a spin made onto this. How about if units that require equipment bigger than a rifle would require training the men to use the equipment and the equipment seperatly.

It could look like this you train a 'crew' type infantry unit AND say a light tank seperatly and then combine them into a single light tank brigade.

I supose all army branches would have their own crew unit, that would always be infantry type. That would mean we end up with 'infantry crew', 'armor crew', 'plane crew' and 'naval crew'. The 'crew' unit would be useless without equipment and so would the equipment be without crew. It would mean that there would be somewhat of a production line possible in the game that could be disrupted.

On top of that, any unit could be converted into a 'crew' type unit by sending them to a certain level barracks. Later the crew could be redistributed within its army branch, you just need to build different equipment for the crew to use. So basicly you can disband the equipment back for resources and re-use the crew.

Yes, there should be an option to just train crew and equipment simultaniously. This would possibly mean though that all units can be built faster then is the case now IF the building requirements for crew and equipment are different. BUT that would mean that you have very vulnerable units walking around. And that some time that will be gained on production would be lost in logistics.
    • That sounds just like troop making with extra steps. Could you concise it? I'm not sure I understand.
    • iDragons wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

It actually is a really good idea. But if you talk about challenge, why don't you just make some kind of very expensive unit that can destroy own troops that is both challenging and easy. Problem Solved!
      Who in the world is mad enough to do that?? If you have too many troops, you either a)invade someone with them, b) sell them to your allies or c) improve your food production. If your food is at such a terrible condition that you can't even keep it in positive production, you shoulda considered that when you made a ridiculous number of troops in the first place!
      Excuse me, but you should be experienced enough to build your troops instead of sending them straight into the battle field. There can be resource problems. I do understand that it does not make sense to you. But you have to look into the perspectives of resources. AI are also problems so you cannot sell. Food is a hard thing to control and you cannot improve without attacking anyone. And you get ridiculous food productions after you make it. Unless some of you have a awesome prediction skills! Please thing in a more multi perspective way. It will help you really much.(Hopefully) :)
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • RYANWEN wrote:

Excuse me, but you should be experienced enough to build your troops instead of sending them straight into the battle field. There can be resource problems. I do understand that it does not make sense to you. But you have to look into the perspectives of resources. AI are also problems so you cannot sell. Food is a hard thing to control and you cannot improve without attacking anyone. And you get ridiculous food productions after you make it. Unless some of you have a awesome prediction skills! Please thing in a more multi perspective way. It will help you really much.(Hopefully)
      I would like to say the opposite is true of you. If you are not experienced enough to balance your troops production, then you cannot blame anyone but yourself for when your food production spills. I have never had my food production go below -30, because by the time I need to mass-produce armies I already have a strong agricultural economy.
    • RYANWEN wrote:

Excuse me, but you should be experienced enough to build your troops instead of sending them straight into the battle field. There can be resource problems. I do understand that it does not make sense to you. But you have to look into the perspectives of resources. AI are also problems so you cannot sell. Food is a hard thing to control and you cannot improve without attacking anyone. And you get ridiculous food productions after you make it. Unless some of you have a awesome prediction skills! Please thing in a more multi perspective way. It will help you really much.(Hopefully) :)
      I strongly suggest not to try to solve food problems by conquering. 99% they will become MUCH worse.
    • atreas1 wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

I strongly suggest not to try to solve food problems by conquering. 99% they will become MUCH worse.
      How do you solve food problems?
    • The only way to solve food problem is by investing in your core foods. In some (exceptional) cases you can get a small help by invading small AI countries with a food province (like Crimea, Albania, Denmark, or Greece in the 22 map), but in general conquering a full country will only worsen the food situation - not improve it - because of the following fact:

Although the captured provinces produce at a rate of 25%, they consume food at a rate of 100%

As a simplistic example, an average country in the 22 map will consume about 2400 food/day. If it has less than 3 food provinces, you will almost never break even. If it has 3, you need them to arrive to 90% morale and have Infra Lvl1 there, just to break even.
    • Sometimes its a good idea to only take the food provinces of an AI though, if you are able to reach only those. Then make peace with the AI. This leaves the AI without food which is good for the market and your food production.

You can easily get peace with AI countries if you make sure to declare war on countries before you attack them and not have to many countries at war with you at the same time.
    • In the past two months AI behavior has changed on that: as long there is a land route, and you possess some AI core province, even though AI will give you peace after a few days it is high odds to see a war declaration in the future (when you will no longer have troops in the area).

This, plus the fact that you have to sustain a war penalty for quite longer, minimize the possibilities.
    • atreas1 wrote:

In the past two months AI behavior has changed on that: as long there is a land route, and you possess some AI core province, even though AI will give you peace after a few days it is high odds to see a war declaration in the future (when you will no longer have troops in the area).

This, plus the fact that you have to sustain a war penalty for quite longer, minimize the possibilities.
      Still works for me, better have some troops around then a lack of food.