New country idea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New country idea

I think for the 25 player map that we should swap Cuba with Siam: i played Cuba and the starting cobditions are terrible and you are in a sandwich beetwen 3 players who can invade you any second (USA, Mexico, Brazil). You are forced to ally with USA and really half of the time you just pray that no one attacks you. While as Siam, you have a lot of choices, invading French Vietnam and British Colonies there isnt too hard, and from there you can expand to either Australia, side with Japan to attack China and British Raj, take out Japan, occupy US Phillipines, and it really gives you a FAIR and fun challenge. Just an opinion that probably will go unnoticed
    • Cuba is pathetic. In my game, Sweden was able to take Cuba, who was active, at day 27. Sweden.

Not to mention, Cuba doesn't even start off with all resources. Cuba has to conquer someone to get oil, which is really stupid. All other player countries have at least one province that produces one of each resource.

I personally think that either New Zealand or Saudi Arabia should become playable nations, Saudi Arabia in particular. If New Zealand were a country, they could act as a counter to Australia, who goes literally unopposed as the only player nation in Australasia. If Saudi Arabia was a country, then the Middle East could become a lot more contentious, with Persia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Siam? I don't really think so. Being squashed between two superpowers doesn't put you in a good spot. The UK has a good amount of ships nearby that could bombard you to high noon if you tried to take Burma. France also has a few boats in the vicinity. Siam would likely become a Cuba 2.0 if it were a country.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

Cuba is pathetic. In my game, Sweden was able to take Cuba, who was active, at day 27. Sweden.

Not to mention, Cuba doesn't even start off with all resources. Cuba has to conquer someone to get oil, which is really stupid. All other player countries have at least one province that produces one of each resource.

I personally think that either New Zealand or Saudi Arabia should become playable nations, Saudi Arabia in particular. If New Zealand were a country, they could act as a counter to Australia, who goes literally unopposed as the only player nation in Australasia. If Saudi Arabia was a country, then the Middle East could become a lot more contentious, with Persia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Siam? I don't really think so. Being squashed between two superpowers doesn't put you in a good spot. The UK has a good amount of ships nearby that could bombard you to high noon if you tried to take Burma. France also has a few boats in the vicinity. Siam would likely become a Cuba 2.0 if it were a country.
      Squashed? Dude France literally has oonly 2 units in Vietnam
    • iDragons wrote:

IIf Saudi Arabia was a country, then the Middle East could become a lot more contentious, with Persia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
      Egypt would be better. As long as you dont get raped by italy and they buff it to give it the cruisers it actually had in ww2, it would be better. Saudi Arabia had a lesser role.

iDragons wrote:

Siam? I don't really think so. Being squashed between two superpowers doesn't put you in a good spot. The UK has a good amount of ships nearby that could bombard you to high noon if you tried to take Burma. France also has a few boats in the vicinity. Siam would likely become a Cuba 2.0 if it were a country.
      This is true. Siam only did well because france fell and then britain was focused on the japanese and protecting india, and Siam was helped by Japan. However, New Zealand will die right away. It's only hope is to rush australia, its navy is half the size and its economy is trash.
    • The problem is that, you cannot just say change this in the map. It will change things geographically and things will be unrealistic
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • RYANWEN wrote:

The problem is that, you cannot just say change this in the map. It will change things geographically and things will be unrealistic
      I don't understand. This thread is suggesting we swap a playable country with another country, not change the geography of the map. Second, wouldn't swapping Cuba with Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or even Siam be more realistic? I love history, and yet I can't tell you for the love of me what Cuba's role in WWII was. Siam was a Japanese ally, Egypt was a British protectorate. Swapping Cuba actually makes the game more realistic.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

The problem is that, you cannot just say change this in the map. It will change things geographically and things will be unrealistic
      I don't understand. This thread is suggesting we swap a playable country with another country, not change the geography of the map. Second, wouldn't swapping Cuba with Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or even Siam be more realistic? I love history, and yet I can't tell you for the love of me what Cuba's role in WWII was. Siam was a Japanese ally, Egypt was a British protectorate. Swapping Cuba actually makes the game more realistic.
      That will not happen because CoW is about WWII maps
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell