Historical Maps: Occupied Cores

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Historical Maps: Occupied Cores

One thing I was wondering about recently was occupied, non-core provinces in the historical maps. I noticed that for example China starts with Macao, Hongkong, and a good other portion of it occupied by various other nations. However, thy are listed as non-core provinces, so despite only historically losing much of that land in 1937 (2 years before most maps are set) if they take back these indisputably Chinese lands they only get 25% resources. This goes for many places on the map, like the French and British provinces near Siam, Rhodes, Newfoundland, possibly South Africa, and whatever else.

Now you may be wondering, why would they do this? It wouldn't work! But I challenge you - in the 1939 Blitzkrieg Map, Italy starts off with Rhodes, and it's listed as a occupied core province of Greece! So why not apply this to all historical maps? It would make countries like Nationalist China (also South Africa and Siam in All Countries All In) much better, and make sense historically!

Any thoughts?
    • I SO would love to see this. Another thing I hate about the Historic map is that basically every colony that exists, whether it be British, French, Italian, Belgian, Portuguese or Dutch; they're all non-cores. The colonies are essentially USELESS. At least have the three resource-making provinces in Africa produce stuff at full capacity!
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel