Friends system!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Friends system!

I possibly should have done a search but I didn't see anything in the first couple pages so . . . :)

A friends system of some sort would be a boon for the game and community.

If it has been mentioned before, I can't imagine how not, it bears mentioning again.

No one will ever know what you would like if you don't ever tell them. :)

Game is great, love the team, appreciate all that take part in making it a fun experience.

Cheers
      Genghis Khanson
      Former Something or Other

> > > Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket < < <
    • What is friends system?
      I had a suggestion that same people can not enter several maps together so if they want to fight together to join an alliance wars. I feel like unfair advantage if people who know each other enter a map with pre-made diplomacy. This solution would make multi accounting more difficult too.
      What other players think about it?
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I have always considered that alliances are a "friends " system as you get a private chat just for your alliance, and the ability to play games as a team against other alliances and such.

Perhaps I don't understand what else you mean by "friends system?"
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I too agree the alliance system is a good way to get a group together of friends and a common meeting place.

That does in a sense still limit us on who we can have easy and direct contact with if some friends are not in our alliance.

Many new players are looking for something/someone to latch onto so that they feel more at home here, more connected.

I don't have any specific ideas about how this would work but simply a system where you can add people to a list that may show them online or help remember names etc.

Cheers.
      Genghis Khanson
      Former Something or Other

> > > Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket < < <
    • I've some really nice people on maps I've joined just by myself and it seems really inconvenient that the only way I can contact them again is either through sending mail or joining their alliance. I'd like this feature. In fact, I was actually searching for this feature when I first started playing Call of War.

Also, why would people be forbidden from joining maps together? I've joined the same map with my friends before. I've seen alliances and their members joining the same maps. I don't see a problem with this friend system, if players from the same alliance are also permitted to join the same map.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

Also, why would people be forbidden from joining maps together? I've joined the same map with my friends before. I've seen alliances and their members joining the same maps. I don't see a problem with this friend system, if players from the same alliance are also permitted to join the same map.
      How would you feel if you enter map and you take New South Wales and you see Papa New Gvineya , Queensland, New Zeland, Western Australia.... are members of same alliance? What are your chances?
      I played with group of players I meet here too. We lost only one map we played together, and it is unfair advantage in my opinion. So I think that if some players want to play together they should go to alliance war. It is more fair.
      Second reason is to make multi accounting more difficult.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • patriota75 wrote:

How would you feel if you enter map and you take New South Wales and you see Papa New Gvineya , Queensland, New Zeland, Western Australia.... are members of same alliance? What are your chances?
      I played with group of players I meet here too. We lost only one map we played together, and it is unfair advantage in my opinion. So I think that if some players want to play together they should go to alliance war. It is more fair.
      Second reason is to make multi accounting more difficult.
      It's happened to me, twice. In fact, I've played against the same alliance twice. First time I played against Sweden, Siberia, Poland and someone else, second time it was Syria, Turkey, Bechuanaland, Angola and Madagascar. I've complained about it, but the admins seem very adamant on allowing for this to remain allowed. So, as long as it is allowed, I honestly don't see a problem with it. Unless you can convince someone at Bytro to make joining games as an alliance against the rule, it will continue to happen.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • So join an alliance as well and join games with your team mates, i don't see the problem. Let players of alliances having the fun on playing together, there's nothing wrong with it. It's fun, efficient, good communication,... It adds another level to the game when you can play like well oiled machine.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

So join an alliance as well and join games with your team mates, i don't see the problem. Let players of alliances having the fun on playing together, there's nothing wrong with it. It's fun, efficient, good communication,... It adds another level to the game when you can play like well oiled machine.
      There are alliance games let`s rhem arrange mach with another group of players. Like I sad, entering map together is unfair advantage that can be exploit on many different ways, group of people should play against another group of people. I quit playing domination Antartica map because one concur victory locations and several co players defend him.
      It is interesting that you have not noticed that occurs to often.
      Similar in free for all event. Where ever you can get huge amount of gold you will see this.
      Players league too. But they solved that problem, i think.
    • I've never played the Antartica map as i'm not a fan of the concept.

I've played a free for all and ended 2nd and there were no unregularities in my game. But yes anonymous rounds need to stay anonymous so we should try to find a solution for that.

You find a group of players entering a game unfair but then what about a level 109, 90, 80 that enter a game not knowing each other and forming a coalition. That team will win as well, is that then fair towards the level 20,30 players?
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I would appreciate a friend system as well. I've played with people before that I would be interested in playing with again that are already in another alliance, or simply don't want to be in one. If we had a system that could tell us when they're online, that would eliminate some of the need of going to a third party chat app. Something as simple as what shows at the bottom of the forum telling us who's online, only it would just tell us if our friends were on.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • In my last game in the tutorial map, we had a rival coalition (Turkey, Romania and Sweden). Turkey attacked Egypt, a new player. I was interested in keeping Turkey out of North Africa (I was Spain and was in Morocco and Algeria at the time). Made an informal alliance with Egypt, sent him some naval assets to assist, and it worked out- as my alliance prevailed over the adversary alliance. Egypt was the only country to survive the game, other than myself and my two coalition allies (UK and Russia). Not bad for Egypt's first game, and he even got a little bit of gold as a reward to survive the war. Friends do matter! ... (-: