Wholesale change in provice resource allocation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wholesale change in provice resource allocation

There are currently 4 cities and 8 provinces that provide resources. Resource province/cities are identified with a specific icon and there are 5 different resources. Metal, Goods, Oil, Rare, Food.

My suggestion is to entirely eliminate specific resource provinces/cities!

Replace it by allocating a percentage of all 5 resources in EVERY province and city. So a province would, say have a 60% oil, 10% goods, 2% rare, 20% metal, 8% food. Another could have 70 goods, 20% metal, 2% oil, 1% rare, 7% food...etc.
      No two provinces in your country would every have the same mix! In addition, to calc how much each province would produce it would be based on the province population...hence city provinces with the most people would produce more than a mountainous province with few people.

Now we gamers are studying the population of cities/provinces as well as the % of resources of each and deciding where to put our IF's and IC's to maximize our return and to increase a specific resource. There would be no more double provinces as this would be replaced by having a larger population in specific cities/provinces.

In our current environment should a portion of my country be captured and I lose my oil province I am in trouble, but in this new resource allocation plan I could still be making oil albeit maybe in a lot smaller quantities everywhere else to continue making tanks/planes.

Every home province would become more valuable...some more than others and would give gamers a complete new perspective on resource planning and administration. Yes, it is a major change and probably can't get any traction but I think this would completely separate COW from any other game with this feature!
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I fail to see why this would be a positive change. In your specific scenario if you lose your oil producing province you should indeed be in trouble! From an enemie's standpoint it makes that province a strategic objective specially if I know through intel spies that you are hurting for oil.

It means that I should deploy what ever means necessary to hamper you. If I cannot directly invade, then perhaps I can level the infrastructure/morale with strats or failing that put some economic sabotage spies to hamper production levels. Your suggestion would remove these options and I fail to see why this is good.

There is a reason why the allies where constantly bombing the crap out of Ploesti, as the biggest source of oil in Europe in Nazi hands it was a strategic asset to be neutralized...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kanaris ().

• Well, for one this is not an exact duplicate of WW II.
      By losing the highest producing oil province in the example I gave above it would deplete one's oil severely but not eliminate it.
      More to the point, my suggestion would allow all provinces to contribute to the cause instead of 12. Instead of looking for the double oil province and building, one would have to see which provinces had the highest % of oil and the largest population in order to select the best one for oil.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • Well it was realistic that certain places have ore oil. However, some are oil refineries and some are actual oil fields, which the game doesn't capture. Also the idea of having all the materials in cities is dumb, on historical the whole centers of USA and Russia should be filled with small food producers.
    • Actually it makes perfect sense that the majority of the cities produce goods. Thats precisely what the industrial revolution was about; industries producing consumer goods and people leaving the country side for steady employment in the cities factories

Sorry but I am really not sold on this change I see no benefits whatsoever
    • Last comment on it...that is exactly what could happen. You sent the cities for a lot higher amount of goods than other provinces.
    • I like as it is now, you need to protect your key provinces more that's the game. Now you have the option to focus to build up certain resource provinces first. On your format this would not longer be possible. If my neighbor has only one rare province, for sure i'll try to take it as soon as possible. That's what the game is all about.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • ike53 wrote:

There are currently 4 cities and 8 provinces that provide resources. Resource province/cities are identified with a specific icon and there are 5 different resources. Metal, Goods, Oil, Rare, Food.

My suggestion is to entirely eliminate specific resource provinces/cities!

Replace it by allocating a percentage of all 5 resources in EVERY province and city. So a province would, say have a 60% oil, 10% goods, 2% rare, 20% metal, 8% food. Another could have 70 goods, 20% metal, 2% oil, 1% rare, 7% food...etc.
      No two provinces in your country would every have the same mix! In addition, to calc how much each province would produce it would be based on the province population...hence city provinces with the most people would produce more than a mountainous province with few people.

Now we gamers are studying the population of cities/provinces as well as the % of resources of each and deciding where to put our IF's and IC's to maximize our return and to increase a specific resource. There would be no more double provinces as this would be replaced by having a larger population in specific cities/provinces.

In our current environment should a portion of my country be captured and I lose my oil province I am in trouble, but in this new resource allocation plan I could still be making oil albeit maybe in a lot smaller quantities everywhere else to continue making tanks/planes.

Every home province would become more valuable...some more than others and would give gamers a complete new perspective on resource planning and administration. Yes, it is a major change and probably can't get any traction but I think this would completely separate COW from any other game with this feature!
      What he said is true and also wrong. We need to protect the key province but ALSO we should also add SOME of the resource productions in other places because that will be a bit more easier.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell