How to destroy a country - and harm its' neighbors - at Day 1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to destroy a country - and harm its' neighbors - at Day 1

In one of my games, a player started the game as follows:

* Built Naval Bases in all coastal provinces
      * Built Barracks in all the provinces
      * And then went inactive

Now, I understand that all are free to start the game in whatever way they feel like, but out of curiosity I checked the stats of that player. What a surprise - he had played a few games and the ONLY buildings he has ever built were Barracks and Naval Bases. Additionally, he has lost 0 provinces and killed (or lost) 0 units, which clearly means he is going inactive immediately afterwards.

Obviously, this "tactic" has as sole purpose to increase the level of the player - slowly but steadily. It requires exactly 15 minutes of "playing" the game. It is funny to think that it is considered an achievement something that will surely lead the country to bankruptcy, both in food and in oil, in a matter of a few days, but that is not the only point.

I am thinking more about the unlucky (real) player who will happen to have this country as neighbor. To invade immediately would lead to unnecessary losses of army and to the destruction of the IC. He can wait, but even when the AI will take over, it will still need more time to "stabilize" the destroyed economy and build something useful there. In other words, this neighbor will be in a much worse position than if he had a real inactive player next to him.

I wonder if there really cannot be done anything about it (currently it cannot, as I was told). I dont see the merit of keeping an account that just "destroys" a map like that. One way might be to give the point rewards at the end of a round, on the condition that the player has been active enough (I am not unreasonable, at least for a few days). Or something else - anything that at least doesnt reward this kind of "play".
    • Sounds like a kind of multi-accounting I've heard similar before ..

.. such mentally deranged players enter to maps with their main account and then from some other Internet spots also with various second accounts just to cause chaos on the map to the detriment of other players.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • atreas1 wrote:

In one of my games, a player started the game as follows:

* Built Naval Bases in all coastal provinces
      * Built Barracks in all the provinces
      * And then went inactive

Now, I understand that all are free to start the game in whatever way they feel like, but out of curiosity I checked the stats of that player. What a surprise - he had played a few games and the ONLY buildings he has ever built were Barracks and Naval Bases. Additionally, he has lost 0 provinces and killed (or lost) 0 units, which clearly means he is going inactive immediately afterwards.

Obviously, this "tactic" has as sole purpose to increase the level of the player - slowly but steadily. It requires exactly 15 minutes of "playing" the game. It is funny to think that it is considered an achievement something that will surely lead the country to bankruptcy, both in food and in oil, in a matter of a few days, but that is not the only point.

I am thinking more about the unlucky (real) player who will happen to have this country as neighbor. To invade immediately would lead to unnecessary losses of army and to the destruction of the IC. He can wait, but even when the AI will take over, it will still need more time to "stabilize" the destroyed economy and build something useful there. In other words, this neighbor will be in a much worse position than if he had a real inactive player next to him.

I wonder if there really cannot be done anything about it (currently it cannot, as I was told). I dont see the merit of keeping an account that just "destroys" a map like that. One way might be to give the point rewards at the end of a round, on the condition that the player has been active enough (I am not unreasonable, at least for a few days). Or something else - anything that at least doesnt reward this kind of "play".
      1. Due my past experience, it is a big mistake to build too much barracks. It can cause ultimate food failure which is just plain humiliating when you loose it in the first day.
      2. I think it is really meaningless for that player to do that
      3. This problem might be caused because that player went into this game, played for 10 minutes and left. He is not planning for long time playing
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • What is the problem to other players who concur his land?
      He will have barracks and naval bases but he can turn them off and no problem.
      I have to admit, I find this very good idea to make points here. Actually in this way you will progress more than you take time and play. Brilliant idea :)
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.