favourite map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• favourite map

What are your favourite map? Mine is the Tutorial Europe Clash of Nations because you kind of dominate the map because they are all new players. :) :) :)
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • BMfox wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

What are your favourite map? Mine is the Tutorial Europe Clash of Nations because you kind of dominate the map because they are all new players. :) :) :)
      Well that's a great experience for those new players?
      I prefer the 50 homefront or the 100 player map.
      No actually but i experienced it! :D :P ^^
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • I like and play 100 players map. Many players become inactive, about 80% so in small maps after a two weeks you stay to play against AI. On 100 players map you have about 20 players who can be real treat. Many times it depends who you finish with, if you are near inactive players you can kill them and have more resources than others what will lead you to victory. If you are stuck with good active players your chances are smaller but then you need to show all of your skill.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I have only played 3 games (won all- 1 solo and 2 by coalition, more fun to play as a team than solo). It's been my experience that after a few days about 70% of the 22 players bail out. So, as patriota75 shared, you stay to play against AI controlled countries. If you are near inactive players you can kill them and have more resources than others what will eventually lead you to victory.
    • Favourite map 19

The result is only visible to the participants.

Vote
    • gusv wrote:

I have only played 3 games (won all- 1 solo and 2 by coalition, more fun to play as a team than solo). It's been my experience that after a few days about 70% of the 22 players bail out. So, as patriota75 shared, you stay to play against AI controlled countries. If you are near inactive players you can kill them and have more resources than others what will eventually lead you to victory.
      True, when you need help. There is always a "backup" team
    • Clash of nation tutorial is the highest. Any comments on why?
    • I can wait.
    • RYANWEN wrote:

Clash of nation tutorial is the highest. Any comments on why?
      If i were to guess, id say because the increased amount of starting troops and resources, not to mention the 2X game speed. Or it could be the sad fact that many new players leave the game so its basically a gold farm.
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus
    • I personally cannot stand tutorial mode, I just don't like all the starting troops. Now combine the speed with regular starting troops and we have a deal...
      World 100 is my favourite, but I also like Clash of Nations. I've also started to expand to historic and pacific conquest maps also.
      General Nightman
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I'd say USA homefront is the best, and this is why:

Pros of USA
      -5 Starting Cities
      -Variation of sizes of countries, positioning and types
      -4 Player coalition
      -Set point and population throughout whole map
      -Some AIs have two cities
      -Navy can either be really useful or not possible
      -Land units like railgun actually useful because so much is landlocked
      -All resources can be anywhere (aka food in cities), except goods only in cities
      -Virtually uniform amount of points and provinces starting off
      -Cities on island

Cons of other maps

Europe 22:
      -Imbalanced positioning
      -Some resources poorly allocated
      -Tons of inactives
      -Random noncore crimea

Europe 25:
      -Resources are very hard to get
      -Imbalanced (but realistic) point and resource allocation
      -Lazy people make boring coalitions of biggest players
      -If all the large players go inactive it's ridiculously hard to move through giant AIs with huge armies
      -No starting occupied cores (china can't use the Japanese occupied parts)

Pacific:
      -Too easy to win in new update
      -Predictable regional coalitions/ game dynamics
      -Imbalance in map
      -Islands are very bad and virtually useless- less resources, no cities, not refueling as they were historically used for

Arctic:
      -Mainly fighting AI

World:
      -Very laggy late game
      -Takes a long time to finish at end
      -Morale and resources become ridiculous unless really smart and careful
    • RYANWEN wrote:

RYANWEN, if your comments continued to push on your bullish tactics toward new players, i might be inclined to report your content...Do not pick out new players, we like these guys, and they might be smart players also, they keep any enthusiastic COW gaming on the plus side, they keep the game going...in future, I expect that your consideration on new players is better said. Got it.
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

RYANWEN, if your comments continued to push on your bullish tactics toward new players, i might be inclined to report your content...Do not pick out new players, we like these guys, and they might be smart players also, they keep any enthusiastic COW gaming on the plus side, they keep the game going...in future, I expect that your consideration on new players is better said. Got it.
      Dude, you really do not have a humour. You need some fun. Plus, you do need to be sensitive because it is not called picking on them. It is called game success. Writing this does not mean i am "bullying" so... Yeah. Plus it is a game not life and also it is a opinion not fact and reporting is a argument not criticism. I do not see how that is bullying.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RYANWEN ().

• I really liked Clash of Nations and 100p, and here's why I prefer them other than their alternatives:

- I never played tutorial clash of nations because that's a guarantee of over 70% inactives
      - Free for all defeats the purpose of trying to win as a team
      - 100p gives the challenge of a few decent/good players (you never know when newbies can be OP)
      - 22p has the players and chaos, but also the small map for the intense and short fighting

P.S: gusv, I saw your stats, and they were like the most legendary I've ever seen. How'd you do that? Please PM me on how because I don't want to go on a tangent in this thread.

P.P.S: ryanwen, in my short inactivity in the forum, I see that you have become very active, and I really appreciate that. However, I would also like new players/members like you to contribute in the forum and make this game more fun. So, I would kindly ask you not to speak of newbies so lowly and openly (because that attracts a lot of rage and discontent). Remember, we were all newbies once.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

P.P.S: ryanwen, in my short inactivity in the forum, I see that you have become very active, and I really appreciate that. However, I would also like new players/members like you to contribute in the forum and make this game more fun. So, I would kindly ask you not to speak of newbies so lowly and openly (because that attracts a lot of rage and discontent). Remember, we were all newbies once.
      I know some people get out of control sometimes, but i like that you can be a bit empathic. I think that some players should like tell them nicely without threatening them to report them for such opinions. Sometimes i write in a perspective different from what others see so. Thanks for EVERYONE'S understanding. PS i am a newbie too and i do not intend to attack them. If you do not believe, look at when i joined in CoW
    • Little Raccoon inquired about on how I achieved my 3 for 3 stats ... My tactics resemble that of Patriota75 and Ryanwen, except that I do it in a smaller map (22-player tutorial) ... And I have to confess that I'm a gold user ... (-:

P.S. I used to play Risk and Avalon-HIll games in my youth in the early 70's, and Civ 2 in late 90's. Also played US Chess Federation tournaments on-off since my high school days.

The post was edited 2 times, last by gusv ().

• gusv wrote:

Little Raccoon inquired about on how I achieved my 3 for 3 stats ... My tactics resemble that of Patriota75 and Ryanwen, except that I do it in a smaller map (22-player tutorial) ... And I have to confess that I'm a gold user ... (-:

P.S. I used to play Risk and Avalon-HIll games in my youth in the early 70's, and Civ 2 in late 90's. Also played US Chess Federation tournaments on-off since my high school days.
      You do not need to confess, it is not wrong... :)
    • gusv wrote:

Risk is a awesome board game that is like a simple version of CoW!