Paratroopers darken the Skies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Dear Generals,

we know that many of you have been waiting for this moment for a long time and finally it has come! The Bytro team is very proud to introduce the new Paratrooper unit to live servers!

Paratroopers are deployed as airplanes which can take off from any airport controlled by a player. After attacking a land target, the airplane converts to a Paratrooper Infantry on the ground. Once converted into a Paratrooper Infantry the unit cannot be converted back into an airplane.

This unique unit will allow you to use a new set of strategies! Surprise your opponents and sneak up on them. Drop Paratroopers in lightly guarded or unguarded strategically valuable provinces to conquer them and their resources as fast as possible. You can also drop them behind enemy lines to open a second front and allow your forces to re-group and fight back even harder!

With the release of the new Paratroopers we implement some additional changes to Call of War:

Another major change is a reduction of victory points needed to win the game. In order to make end game battles even more fierce and meaningful we adjusted the victory conditions for single and team/coalition victories. To reach a solo victory you now only need 51% instead of the previous 60% victory points. Victory points needed for teams/coalitions have been reduced from 80% to 70% as well. We also lowered the victory requirement for 2-team maps and 1on1 maps from 90% to 80%.

Last but not least… rewards for all!

With the release of the new Paratroopers we are introducing additional victory rewards for all participants of a game round. Not only did we increase existing victory reward payouts, but added a fixed gold bonus for all participants of games who survived until the end and stayed active. So even if it seems that you are not able to win the game anymore, there is still some reward waiting for you at the end! The new gold rewards can be seen in the Newspaper tab "Rewards".

Further Balancing Changes:
      • manpower costs for Militia and Infantry units are reduced to 1300 instead of 1500 previously
      All these changes will affect new games only.

We hope you like the changes and that the new Paratroopers allow you to become even more successful on the battlefield!

Your Bytro team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Sadly there is an issue with the Paratrooper Update, which made it possible to research Paratroopers also in older games. For that reason we deactivated Paratroopers again in live games until the issue is fixed. We will communicate once we know when we will bring them back to live. We also removed the release news from the website for that reason. Thanks for your patience!

edit: The issue was fixed and Paratroopers are live again in new game rounds!
    • Honestly I am not worried about it, if there is any fight left in the map it will come and find you, they are not going to let you claim an easy victory. Lowering the VP requirements is to unburden us from having to clean out inactives which is as exciting as watching paint dry and represents 80% of the maps past a certain date.
    • Kanaris wrote:

Honestly I am not worried about it, if there is any fight left in the map it will come and find you, they are not going to let you claim an easy victory. Lowering the VP requirements is to unburden us from having to clean out inactives which is as exciting as watching paint dry and represents 80% of the maps past a certain date.
      Which means that the 45% should go and attack the 55%, instead of the other way round. I was having in mind maps like the Pacific map, which can now safely be renamed to "Asia conquest".

I understand the need to stop this nonsense with the inactives. Make it 60% of the active players and problem is solved without side-effects.

EDIT: I mean 51% of the map with 60% of the active players points.
    • atreas1 wrote:

Which means that the 45% should go and attack the 55%, instead of the other way round. I was having in mind maps like the Pacific map, which can now safely be renamed to "Asia conquest".
      I understand the need to stop this nonsense with the inactives. Make it 60% of the active players and problem is solved without side-effects.

EDIT: I mean 51% of the map with 60% of the active players points.
      I get your point mate, but you must admit that the majority of the maps are snoozefests where you have to conquer inactives in order to get it over with and finished. Once in a while you find an exciting map full of combat but these are rare. Thus for the majority of the time the change is beneficial.

Also dont forget you have the option to create custom maps and set the victory conditions to 75% of VPs if you like.
    • attacker101 wrote:

so wait, are paratroopers playable in current games?
      No, that was the mistake first, so they was taken out and then dropped again. See posts # 4 and 9 from freezy

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• freezy wrote:

Sadly there is an issue with the Paratrooper Update, which made it possible to research Paratroopers also in older games. For that reason we deactivated Paratroopers again in live games until the issue is fixed. We will communicate once we know when we will bring them back to live. We also removed the release news from the website for that reason. Thanks for your patience!

Welp, that didn't take very long.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

freezy wrote:

Sadly there is an issue with the Paratrooper Update, which made it possible to research Paratroopers also in older games. For that reason we deactivated Paratroopers again in live games until the issue is fixed. We will communicate once we know when we will bring them back to live. We also removed the release news from the website for that reason. Thanks for your patience!

Welp, that didn't take very long.
      I think what you mean to say is "Thank you CoW team for acting quickly and fixing the problem! I am very thankful for that!"
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Arcorian wrote:

1)

Another major change is a reduction of victory points needed to win the game. In order to make end game battles even more fierce and meaningful we adjusted the victory conditions for single and team/coalition victories. To reach a solo victory you now only need 51% instead of the previous 60% victory points. Victory points needed for teams/coalitions have been reduced from 80% to 70% as well. We also lowered the victory requirement for 2-team maps and 1on1 maps from 90% to 80%.

2)

With the release of the new Paratroopers we are introducing additional victory rewards for all participants of a game round. Not only did we increase existing victory reward payouts, but added a fixed gold bonus for all participants of games who survived until the end and stayed active. So even if it seems that you are not able to win the game anymore, there is still some reward waiting for you at the end! The new gold rewards can be seen in the Newspaper tab "Rewards".

3)

Further Balancing Changes:
      • manpower costs for Militia and Infantry units are reduced to 1300 instead of 1500 previously

I have nothing inteligent to say about your (@'freezy') first and second point in this. Sounds good I guess.

Point 3 makes me think that you guys read the forum sometimes :P I think this is a VERY good, much needed change to the meta of the game! Hope to see this number possibly drop even more in the future!

Good to see the game improve, thank you guys so much :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • I saw the stats for paratroopers, but I got a little confused. For the plane paratrooper, is that the default when you make a paratrooper, or do you need to make those separately?

Also, am really glad the capitol limit was there. I was worried for some time about the possible paraspam.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)