Pinned Guide to Artillery

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have used them to success, but rarely. It's a big commitment to build, move and get them ready for fights.
      One of the best uses, oddly enough, is controlling the Strait of Gibraltar and the mountainous region between France and Spain.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman wrote:

I have used them to success, but rarely. It's a big commitment to build, move and get them ready for fights.
      One of the best uses, oddly enough, is controlling the Strait of Gibraltar and the mountainous region between France and Spain.
      Also the English straits, or Bosporus, or Suez.

For some reason, it seems that the 22 map gives some opportunities to use them.
    • The travel time is longest there; for crossing over the mountains.
      I've also used them on the World at War maps, but with less success.
      Chokepoints seem to be a good way to use them
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • atreas1 wrote:

General Nightman wrote:

I have used them to success, but rarely. It's a big commitment to build, move and get them ready for fights.
      Also the English straits, or Bosporus, or Suez.
      For some reason, it seems that the 22 map gives some opportunities to use them.
      They have a lot of potential on any strait, also the panama canal in the homefront map, they are great in the pacific map or 100 player when you play with an island to protect your island against an invasion because no ship can get near a couple of RRG.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Now admittedly, having infrastructure along your path that you use the railroad gun might help.
      It is truly the slowest unit the game, at 12 k/m an hour.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• Industrial Complex Level 1.
      They are in all cities at the beginning of a map and the basic building block for building units.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• I have the same problem.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • Hello everyone.

Any of you know about the artillery round?

I tried this sometimes but the game seems that he don't want to do it, it works slowly and i can't do artillery rounds.

Anyone else have this problem?
      Nunca fue un adiós, únicamente un hasta luego.Ya lo dije y lo cumplí, así que aquí me tenéis.

Me odiareis, me temeréis, me amaréis, e incluso me querréis matar.

¡VIVA YO!
    • It's not the game, it's probably your device. Enhanced graphics, which the artillery rounds are a part of, take some considerable CPU to run.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• RYANWEN wrote:

I have the same problem.
      Troop count is a major factor in the game. As my calculation shows you get more SP arty for your resources spent then you get with rrg. With it comes more power and manouverability. Manpower wise you train 3 SP arty for 1 rrg. Meaning your over all power output is bigger, you have faster units and more of them. Thus you can keep a threatning presence in multiple places. Very important. Going for the option that gives you most units is usually best. Plenty of exceptions though.

Rrg have their place in the game, but it is a lot more of a niche type unit than most players realize.
    • Arty and SPArty are both excellent for the reasons stated above.

Having faced RRGs in battle, I consider them mostly an annoyance in a land campaign but a bit of a deterrent against shore landings.

I've never built a RRG but have captured ICs building them. They were too slow to keep up with the action in those situations.
    • Nooberium wrote:

Having faced RRGs in battle, I consider them mostly an annoyance in a land campaign but a bit of a deterrent against shore landings.
      I totally agree! As I stated already above RRG are the perfect weapon to protect Islands and straits.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Nooberium wrote:

I totally agree! As I stated already above RRG are the perfect weapon to protect Islands and straits.
      I would not consider them a perfect weapon to protect islands or straits. I also use SP arty for this if there is plains around.
    • I won an Antarctica map using a bunch of RRG. I was a huge plus shooting long distance.
      I'm in the Pacific - Borneo - RRGs encased in Concrete bunkers with Naval Bombers. Molon Labe
      Remember what the WWII Russian Generals said about 'Indirect Fire' - Quantity has a Quality all of its own.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

I won an Antarctica map using a bunch of RRG. I was a huge plus shooting long distance.
      I'm in the Pacific - Borneo - RRGs encased in Concrete bunkers with Naval Bombers. Molon Labe
      Remember what the WWII Russian Generals said about 'Indirect Fire' - Quantity has a Quality all of its own.
      That is very true, though in this game you need to be able to spend the manpower on RRG, and you usually spend manpower to defend them with AA and AT. So its never on my list regardless of the range.