Submarines vs Destroyers + Cruisers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Submarines vs Destroyers + Cruisers

I have sub stacks 8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8 everywhere on sea my submarines are level 5 I see some enemy stacks on sea like 7 destroyers + 5 cruisers destroyers 3 level cruisers 4 level destroyers lose their half power ıf they do defence
      If I attack to stacks like this suddenly with a few sub stacks it will be a certain victory for me ? enemies havent aircraft or naval bombers they have stacks including destroyer + cruiser and I have many subs my coasts only working for new subs
    • Definatly attack, destroyers aren't that great in defense, battleships and cruisers are weak against subs. Never attack with more than those 8 subs because otherwise the SDBE will drop and they would be less effective. Plus subs are really cheap and cost no manpower so your enemies will lose more even if they win the battle.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • atreas1 wrote:

Yet the opponent will attack as well, so the attack advantage doesn't really exist.

Be sure he doesnt have any subs ahead of the DD+CC. If he does, your subs will engage in a fight against subs and will die from the destroyers without even giving a hit.
      Are you sure the destroyers will counter attack when the player is offline?
      BMfox

• BMfox wrote:

atreas1 wrote:

Yet the opponent will attack as well, so the attack advantage doesn't really exist.
      Are you sure the destroyers will counter attack when the player is offline?
      Yeah, it's right (if it was not changed back in the last time), then at close combat at sea after the first attack
      both sides are automatically attackers as well as defenders.
      (was introduced more over 2 years ago if I remember right)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • No I am not - despite the fact I read it here that in the 2nd hour the ships will attack, I have serious doubt for that. I was only saying that the player may attack manually (there was no mentioning of him being inactive).

Plus, I found the opportunity to write about a nice "submarine trap" - to put them invisibly but in range in front of the destroyers.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification.
    • Still attacking with a stack of 8 subs presents great opportunity because destroyers are double as expensive and if it's only a few they will still go down counteer attacking or not leaving the cruisers and battleships vounerable for the remaining subs. Even if you would lose all 8 subs and the enemy wins the battle in number of resources, manpower and stats it would be a big loss. On top of that subs are cheap and fast to make, you can produce one every 12 hours.

Everone wants to make their navy super hight tec but just subs alone are really powerfull. They can only be countered by a player that only has destroyers. It's like with nukes, they are cool to have but they don't conquer provinces, cost a lot of time for research and resources. I prefer to just invest in subs and destroyers and focus on the armor and air branch and attack all inferiour armies because they waste time on nuclear and on navy.

Battleships are good to cover the landing while troops are dissembarking, but i'll just attack those dissembarking troops with naval or tactical bombers and they will go down.
      BMfox

• In fact, the damage is approximately even in this case. 7 DD, although outclassed by two whole levels, are a formidable force. If they were Lvl4 it would be much worse for sure. Also, since it is estimated that the loss will be 3 ships for 8 subs it is in fact more costly (in work hours) for the submarines lost.

But there is another argument in favor of the attack: submarines lose more and more their strength compared to DD as time passes, due to the MUCH worse upgrade (DD gain 3 times more). By postponing things will not get better in the future.