Bad Idea number 5,194,287: Helicopters!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bad Idea number 5,194,287: Helicopters!

OK, hear me out.

It's a bad idea. A bad idea. It's kinda like making Luxembourg playable. But, damn it, it would be cool. Technically speaking, they weren't called helicopters at the time, and were barely used, but they did exist, and did function. (kinda) Think of it like this:

-They can't attack
      -They have about as much range as a rocket fighter
      -Reveal stealth units
      -Are damn near impossible to shoot down without an AA gun
      -Pretty cheap to produce
      -Require:
      Lv. 1 Air Base
      Lv. 1 Army Base
      Any Industrial Complex
      Secret research (only one level)
      Thoughts?
    • Maybe... What if i can save people? Like for example, add health to some other units that need help.

• Make it a secret unit
      • Require lv. 3 air base
      • Require no barrack
      • Industrial Complex level 1
      • Secret research, i have no idea
      • Can attack
      • Change from can reveal to a saving unit
      • Able to be shot down
      Any suggestions onto making a medic helicopter without spending gold to add health to units?
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • BMfox wrote:

You wanna start a Vietnam map ;)
      True, they have like thousands of those helicopters that are used in the Vietnam War. Maybe we can just add a thing like what @JesterTheSheep said.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • I think adding a bell huey in a vietnam era would be really cool. They could function as really fast tanks with an airplane armor type class on the map. So they can not fly over all provinces like planes do but still add another level of tactics and strategy to the game. Perhaps they could 'fly over' enemy units that are not AA but not capture enemy provinces. If you do put them in the map around a vietnam war era that would be cool.
    • i'd like to see the helicopters too, and i think they would be pretty usefull
      just looking the fact that an apache helicopter disabled a whole t72 tank group in iraq is very impressive, also helicopters were used in the ww too, but they didnt have their importance than

i suggest the copters should require:
      - researched interceptor (lvl3)
      - industrial complex+ lvl 2 airport
      - the early versions should have fewer hp (5-10 hitpoint) and weak damage(2-3 against infantry and even fewer against tanks), because they basicaly dont have any defenece, and cant carry missles in the begining