Try this as a little battle problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Try this as a little battle problem

Early day. 1 Armored Car (Lvl1) with 80% condition is attacking, in mountains and non-core, against 1 AA and 2 Infantry. They Infantry have 18.1 HP at the moment of the attack, and they are ONLY defending.

Result: The Infantry lose a gaping FOUR HP, which is WAY beyond the attack capabilities of the AC - 2 but with a -25% due to mountains, and of course not in perfect health.

Even if I accept that the range of attack will be between 0 and 2x (averaging on x), it still doesn't explain how a unit will manage to induce about 3x damage. Apart from some program glitch, there might be something we really don't know about battles.
    • Never said anything about morale, but clearly said that AC was on 80% health (condition).

It was in fact Day 5 and Infantry was Lvl2, but that doesn't change things at all since I was only worried about the AC attack. And I wrote it simply because I felt there was a glitch - perhaps I should have put it in the Bugs section even.
    • Results like this, when only a low amount of units are involved and it was just one single combat tick, are always hard to reproduce. Then there are also sometimes cases where additional damage sources were influencing the result, but which were not spotted by the player or which shot from fog of war. Not saying that this necessarily was the case here, though.

There is no lower or upper limit implemented for the so called "x-factor", which is basically following a bell curve. Although the chance is veeeeery small (maybe as low as 0.01%), extreme results like no visible damage dealt or multiple times the damage dealt may happen. Maybe they only happen in 1 of 10000 cases, but still they can. And we remember of course much more these extreme occurences then the usual combat results where everything goes as expected. I wouldn't call it bug, it's just how the calculations were set up. One could argue that this is realistic, as also in war sometimes surprising or unexpected events happened. From a players's perspective who tries to understand everying it is of course not the most optimal way, but we have to deal with it until one day we perhaps rewrite the logic.