Your most gratifying victory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your most gratifying victory

Ok guys, what win has given you the most satisfaction?

Oh my last Med 41 map, I intercepted a message from France to the UK, mentioning that my ally was inactive (he actually got banned from the entire game) and that they would win if they both stayed active.

And then, with a series of carefully planned Panzer unit landings and a nuclear weapon, I swept them both off the game.

Knowing they got cocky and then paid the price just made the victory feel so good!
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • My most gratifying victory was way back to the glory days of yore (S1914)
      It was when I intercepted a message from an enemy that he is seeking help to take me down, instead I offered the recipient a split of his lands, the moment his army reach him I imagined him relived that help have arrived but is shock that his army is being slaughtered, my play-style haven't change at the time so I spam artillery along his border (they don't call me hell raiser for nothing) with his country morale broken for days of endless bombardment, a friend turn foe pushing him into my meat grinder.

I gleefully let it play in my head, with a sly smile I muttered to myself, "just as planned", after I too took my plaything out. Ultimately I went AFK because I was very busy then, but the experience was so entoxicating.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • One of my most glourious victories of the game was when I was England, started the game, got pretty well in points and I had land all the way to Spain and one day I was attacked by Romania, Russia, Marocco and Canada at the same time. I thought that I will loose for sure, so I got all my ships to surround mainland Uk, while trying to defend against the enemy in Spain and France, that worked ok till I runned out of troops. All of Spain and half of France was conquered. I moved all my remining troops back to mainland UK. I produced massive amounts of planes for defence, and now I was rebuilding my army. All of them started sending convoys by sea, to my country (note that I also had Ireland). They sent their whole armies just to get massacered by the planes and ships that I had. Once I had rebuilt my army to a quite good size I striked back. I had conquered the whole of Marocco, Romania, Communist Russia and Canada. They didn't have too much troops left and witht the help of planes I removed their bigger armies across the world, while defending England. Then every one else was inactive and I conquered most of the world, as it was during the times that you needed less points to conquer the map. And I won, but it was allready like day 70-80. Something like that, it was a long and bloody war.
      :00008356:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
      -George S. Patton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
      - Albert Einstein

• CoW, when there was only the 10-player map. Took America (the continent) with the U.S. Germany was expanding quickly in Europe, already having taken Benelux, the countries in the middle, Poland and was attacking the Soviet Union. France was my ally. I put all of my troops on the French border and invaded the whole German Empire.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • A recent game I had, there were 5 active players left with fairly equal sized empires: Italy, France, Finland, Spain, and SUS.

I was allied with France and Spain, France and I were coordinating to attack Finland after he finished taking out Ukraine (AI controlled). Then, France decides to betray me and attack. Finland nukes all my big armies, and France takes half my core. Apparently he was planning to have Spain attack me too, but I managed to talk Spain out of it and he invades France. I am able to use my stockpile of nukes to defeat Finland's armies but since I have no troops left, I can't really halt their advance. Then, France sends a nuclear bomber to take out my big air force, but I log on just in time to send it into the air before the nuke hits (I had 10 seconds left :D) I end up losing about 2/3's of my empire, but I put my war industries on full production to produce tons of ACs and LTs and just speed across all the unoccupied lands and I am able to destroy Finland before he can produce any more troops (I destroy the ones he does have with my air force). Then Spain, SUS, and I surrender and I end up winning :00000430: :00000441: :00000443: :00000441: :00000443:

and that's why armored cars are important late game!
    • I was SUSA and had conquered the NUSA. Canada and I had a quarrel over Michigan, so he, Morocco, Spain, Algeria, and France went to war with me. Thankfully, I had a sizable navy and was able to destroy most of the invading armies (13 Moroccan troops landed in Miami) and used my land superiority to take out Canada, the vial aggressor. Then, with my remaining troops, I landed in Europe, but by that time the countries had rebuilt about half their armies. I gained a foothold in Spain and Africa and mowed down everything till I got to Germany. I went on to be second in that round.
      It's been a while
    • Another one was when I was Greater Finland. I was allied with Morocco against Ukraine. I had already taken the UK, Karelia, Ireland, and parts of Canada (and Greenland and Iceland). So, Morocco and Ukraine, who were pretty well matched in industries but Ukraine had more VP's and Morocco had more armies, went to war. Well, then I went inactive because I had a lot to do for a week or two. I come back, and half my empire is gone to Ukraine– who has a better infrastructure and bigger armies than I do. I conquer back all of my territory with lots of hardship, then land in France and take the northern coast. Since I am away from the front and losing oil and grain, I trade some of my armies to Morocco and he takes over all of Ukraine. I would go on to be second in the match with 265 VP's and Morocco having 654 VP's and my other ally, Turkey, having 119 VP's.
      It's been a while