Capitol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thoughts on Capitols, moving capitols. I saw players move them around, some dont touch them, some move them to borders so they get invaded and therefore they get rid of it, some move it far from their core provinces, and some in important resource producing provinces. What are the benefits/ losses of capitols and how do you behave with them? I personally always have one because it doesnt waste resources daily and gets my morale up.
    • hakijaa wrote:

Thoughts on Capitols, moving capitols. I saw players move them around, some dont touch them, some move them to borders so they get invaded and therefore they get rid of it, some move it far from their core provinces, and some in important resource producing provinces. What are the benefits/ losses of capitols and how do you behave with them? I personally always have one because it doesnt waste resources daily and gets my morale up.
      Just before you ask that, how do we move it?
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • RYANWEN wrote:

hakijaa wrote:

Thoughts on Capitols, moving capitols. I saw players move them around, some dont touch them, some move them to borders so they get invaded and therefore they get rid of it, some move it far from their core provinces, and some in important resource producing provinces. What are the benefits/ losses of capitols and how do you behave with them? I personally always have one because it doesnt waste resources daily and gets my morale up.
      Click on a province that isnt your capitol>go to „construction">scroll all the way down and you should be able to build one (Mobile version)
    • hakijaa wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

hakijaa wrote:

Click on a province that isnt your capitol>go to „construction">scroll all the way down and you should be able to build one (Mobile version)
      I know, but how to like change the place it is?
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • RYANWEN wrote:

hakijaa wrote:

RYANWEN wrote:

hakijaa wrote:

I know, but how to like change the place it is?
      That is how, after 12h the capitol will be in the selected province
    • I see moving capitol as a bad idea. I move it only if threatened.
      You can move it in late stage of game to prevent rebellions but you need to make sure your morale not drop on core provinces, build enough infrastructure and fortifications.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Hopefully no-one moves it for fun. because it causes problem but mostly set it in the middle of your provinces so your morale would be ok
    • patriota75 wrote:

I see moving capitol as a bad idea. I move it only if threatened.
      You can move it in late stage of game to prevent rebellions but you need to make sure your morale not drop on core provinces, build enough infrastructure and fortifications.
      Same here. If you build a lot of level 5 forts in your core after you have built up your core resource provinces with level 3 infrastructure you can safely move your capital and those buildings will keep your core morale and production stable.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

patriota75 wrote:

I see moving capitol as a bad idea. I move it only if threatened.
      Same here. If you build a lot of level 5 forts in your core after you have built up your core resource provinces with level 3 infrastructure you can safely move your capital and those buildings will keep your core morale and production stable.
      I dont remember the last time i build a fort...
    • I only move my capital when threathened or when it's to close to a border or coastline. I never build a capital outside of my cores for reasons of morale. I dont see the benefit of building fortifications in all cores to control the moral. Better to keep the capital in the core and to use the fortification resources for something else. If it rebels it rebels, i just take it back.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I never moved it and do not know how to move it.
    • After a few days as the game progresses, I have a fairly good idea in which direction my armies will be marching. Thus as my nation expands I tend to move the capital to have it more centralized while keeping it relatively close to my core provinces. The morale hit due to distance on the core provinces is minimal; by then infrastructure is maxed on my core provinces and the buff to happiness provided by the infrastructure negates the morale loss due to distance from capital.

This permits the capital to reach more provinces and mitigate the morale loss somewhat. It also allows for the production of Commandoes a bit closer to the front.