Relation mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Relation mode

We have a new view mode on beta called "Relation view". This is the new default view mode. You can toggle it off or on in the game settings.

The mode will group all neutral countries, all enemies and all allies by color, thus making it easier to keep an overview on the map.

If you are beta user and have any feedback or issues with the mode, you can leave it here (before it is released to live servers soon :) ).
  • not a FP, but here is my opinion on it:

I don't find much use for it. you should know which countries you are at war, which are allies ect. and I don't think you need a map to tell you that. I mean, on your menu/profile it says which countries you are at war with and you can tell who you are allied with and who you have RoW. I just see no point of it. I do like the thought, though
    FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
    KNOW THE RULES!
    Call of War Game Rules
    Call of War Forum Rules
    Terms of Service

attacker 101
    Call of War Player
    EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
  • I'm fine with the new but I much prefer the old. Probably because everything is just so melancholy color scheme wise at least.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
    Heraclitus
  • Thanks for the feedback guys, but its sadly a bit too late, as these are the beta forums for feedback on features which are still on beta :D Please give feedback earlier next time as long as the change is still on beta so we can tweak it before we release it to live servers.

Actually finding out which countries you are at war with and which have ROW and which are allied etc. is a much bigger hassle then finding out if country A is a different country than B. The first requires regularly clicking on alot of countries on the map or clicking through menus and remembering alot of stuff, the second only required clicking on the 2 countries of the map and then remembering that. We feel like especially for new players it is far more important to see the relation on the map (as it can change from day to day) than to be able to distinguish every country on the map, which you only need to remember once.
  • freezy wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys, but its sadly a bit too late, as these are the beta forums for feedback on features which are still on beta Please give feedback earlier next time as long as the change is still on beta so we can tweak it before we release it to live servers.
    sorry if i didnt get the report in sooner

freezy wrote:

Actually finding out which countries you are at war with and which have ROW and which are allied etc. is a much bigger hassle then finding out if country A is a different country than B. The first requires regularly clicking on alot of countries on the map or clicking through menus and remembering alot of stuff, the second only required clicking on the 2 countries of the map and then remembering that. We feel like especially for new players it is far more important to see the relation on the map (as it can change from day to day) than to be able to distinguish every country on the map, which you only need to remember once.
    i disagree with this though, because the countries were so similar in color i did not notice that that my neighboring countries were being occupied. As long as they were not at war with me they did not change colors when occupied
  • I'm not beta a user, but I have to agree with the opinions above.
    The new color scheme, with practically only one color, is nearly useless.
    It's nearly impossible to tell which countries are about to invade, or distinguish between them.

Usually, I just check the diplomacy tab. A quick click can reveal what my relations are to others.
    General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
  • It's fine to not use the mode if you see no use in it. The mode will be very helpful for new players though, that's why we will keep it. We made a lot of tests in the past and too often new players struggled to find their own country on the map or struggled to see who is their enemy/ally. I know that sounds strange, but most contributors here in the forums always view the game from the eyes of experienced players, who know where to find which information in which menu, but new players don't.

grandpooba52 wrote:

freezy wrote:

i disagree with this though, because the countries were so similar in color i did not notice that that my neighboring countries were being occupied. As long as they were not at war with me they did not change colors when occupied
    You know that they are occupied from the stripes which indicate non-core provinces.
  • this is true but it easier to observe when the colors are different, every friendly country was the same grey as me
    this problem may have been fixed i have joined another game after the latest update and it seems improved
    thanks
  • The new relation mode is really helpful when playing a team match like now with Dawn of Patriots. I can better see who is on my team and what progress we are making. My team mates are all green and everyone else is grey blue. I'm a fan. It's less practical in regular games though.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!