Paratroopers, Not worth it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• atreas1 wrote:

Instead of the theories, it is time to recognize that paratroopers are in fact a threat to the game itself, because they are in a way bypassing the only real constraint for an easy "golden win" - the movement time. Consider the following scenario.

I manage to drop successfully a paratrooper in ANY province behind the enemy line. Then it is immediately (and quite cheaply, in fact) game over: rush an airbase and use that for stepping subsequent paratroopers further and further inside (I just need to have a few of them ready and on stand-by). In any but the bigger maps, it is game over while the player is still asleep (which violates the whole idea of slow movement times). Even worse, it is not even good for Bytro, as the rush is much cheaper than without paratroopers.

We can all wait till this (obvious exploit) starts happening, or we can start thinking of some potential remedy, before we see this scenario happening again and again. I am sure that neither the players nor Bytro will be happy with that.
      and how many times have you encountered a gold player who actually did that from the para introduction til today?

I haven't, but if I would, I would just go play another map.