Pinned Guide to Paratroopers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guide to Paratroopers

Paratroopers are a new unit implemented by bytro for a specific use: dropping a unit behind enemy lines for grabbing strategic cities and emplacements. This comes at a cost of having a low health carrier plane, being immobile for a set period of time and being a one time use item. But they can have some seriously cool usages.

Paratroopers are only available on new games started after paratroopers were released. If you can't find them in your game, that's probably why.

Build Requirements, Research and Costs- Costs for paratroopers are fairly high, both in research and in production.
      • Level 1 Industrial Complex
      • Level 3 Airbase
      • Level 1 Barracks
      • Must be Built in Capital
      • Level 1 Paratroopers
      GoodsMetalGrainOilManpowerMoney
      Paratroopers1750100050050013005000

Strength and Range- Paratroopers have four levels and each level has increased strength and range. A fully upgraded paratrooper regiment is stronger than elite infantry, and has the end range of a level 1 bomber. As they get more upgraded, the mandatory waiting time is decreased. The beginning production time for paratroopers is 32 Hours.

ParatroopersInfantryArmorAirBuildingsRANGEDelay
      Level 14.51.51.52.0275km18 Hrs
      Level 26.02.01.52.0300km14 Hrs
      Level 37.52.51.52.0350km10 Hrs
      Level 49.03.01.52.0400km6 Hrs

The levels listed here are for both attack and defense, paratroopers have no difference on damage output between the two.

Attacking with Paratroopers: Paratroopers are highly strategic units. Best used on empty provinces, airports or key industrial centers, they are meant for quick smash and grab missions.
      • Attack secretly- Consider attacking when you know the player isn't going to be on for the continued survival of your troops.
      • Attack Small Units- Only attack units you know you can defeat, or need to stop. Paratroopers cannot move for 10 hours, so be careful.
      • Attack strategic targets- Attack an airport planes are attacking out of, a city that has a nuclear reactor, a port that desperately needs to be stopped, etc. Paratroopers are expensive and take a commitment to build, so don't waste them.
      • Attack in Groups- This gives a better chance of survival once you land, and in the air.
      Defending Against Paratroopers- Paratroopers have low health in the air, plus they cannot move for 10 hours. You can use this to your advantage in defending.
      • Anti-air and fighters- Any anti-air units or fighters in or above the province the paratroopers are attacking should destroy the transport plane of the paratroopers.
      • Artillery- Setup this unit to bombard the paratroopers once they have landed. Since they are stuck for 10 hours, you should have plenty of time to bombard them to oblivion.
      • Counter Units- Have units waiting in the province the paratroopers are going to attack. Bombarding them from the air also works.
      I hope this helps with any questions. Feel free to comment below on anything I may have missed or necessary additions.-General Nightman, Intelligence Division
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."

The post was edited 4 times, last by General Nightman: New Game Update, 6/25/19 Research Balancing Update ().

• Really cool guide, i haven't used paratroopers yet so it was very clarifying. But i don't see the level of barracks needed? Great guide, i will use this to answer help questions in the chat. Thank you.

Maybe you could do a section paratrooper vs commando production: pro and cons as they are both produced in the capital?
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • You were right, I missed the barracks.
      Paratroopers require Level 1 Barracks, which is surprising considering how close they are to commandos.
      I can do the comparison in a couple of days.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."

The post was edited 1 time, last by General Nightman ().

• Research:TIMEDAY
      Level 118 hours8
      Level 219 hours16
      Level 320 hours24
      Elite21 hours32
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• I find the best use for paratroopers is resource destruction. Lots of players do not keep a lot of troops in the meat of their territories. Mostly they are on the edges or moving toward the edges of the nation. You can drop a single paratrooper unit into a province to capture it and each time it is captured and recaptured, the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed. Build several paratroopers and drop them into resource producing provinces, even targeting specific resources. Let the enemy retake and drop again.
      I’ve destroyed several players by starving them out this way. It is easy to counter, but by keeping more troops inland you’ve now had them split there armies a little more making them a bit easier to take out.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • Is it easy for paratrooper planes to be shot down? But if I were you, I got my core province resource production captured, I will put garrison there next time.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I have had some success with paratroopers in games I have experimented with them in. Several hints to add:
      • Use TAC and Attack Bombers in conjunction to clear provinces before landing and to protect the paras while they become mobile and reform for another drop
      • Be sure to have ground units that can get there. Para's have no influence on province morale while they are immobilized. Provinces can rebel very easily. This somewhat limits them to coastal areas and breakthrough operations.
      • Build infrastructure for province morale and airfields to reform and drop again as soon as you land.
      • With sufficient numbers you can leap across the map quickly, drop one, build an airfiled, rebase another paratrooper to the new airbase, drop and repeat.
      • I took out all the cities on the eastern Borneo island on the 100 map in roughly 3 hours. (I needed one extra airfield due to range limitations). Then it was just a matter of mop up of non city provinces. With greater range I would have taken the island in roughly 30 minutes.
      Allowing them to reform for another drop has definitley made them more worthwhile to build. for specific niche operations.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • General Nightman wrote:

Paratroopers are a new unit implemented by bytro for a specific use: dropping a unit behind enemy lines for grabbing strategic cities and emplacements. This comes at a cost of having a low health carrier plane, being immobile for a set period of time and being a one time use item. But they can have some seriously cool usages.

Paratroopers are only available on new games started after paratroopers were released. If you can't find them in your game, that's probably why.

Build Requirements, Research and Costs- Costs for paratroopers are fairly high, both in research and in production.
      • Level 1 Industrial Complex
      • Level 3 Airbase
      • Level 1 Barracks
      • Must be Built in Capital
      • Level 1 Paratroopers
      GoodsMetalGrainOilManpowerMoney
      Paratroopers1750100050050013005000

Strength and Range- Paratroopers have four levels and each level has increased strength and range. A fully upgraded paratrooper regiment is stronger than elite infantry, and has the end range of a level 1 bomber. As they get more upgraded, the mandatory waiting time is decreased. The beginning production time for paratroopers is 32 Hours.

ParatroopersInfantryArmorAirBuildingsRANGEDelay
      Level 14.51.51.52.0275km18 Hrs
      Level 26.02.01.52.0300km14 Hrs
      Level 37.52.51.52.0350km10 Hrs
      Level 49.03.01.52.0400km6 Hrs

The levels listed here are for both attack and defense, paratroopers have no difference on damage output between the two.

Attacking with Paratroopers: Paratroopers are highly strategic units. Best used on empty provinces, airports or key industrial centers, they are meant for quick smash and grab missions.
      • Attack secretly- Consider attacking when you know the player isn't going to be on for the continued survival of your troops.
      • Attack Small Units- Only attack units you know you can defeat, or need to stop. Paratroopers cannot move for 10 hours, so be careful.
      • Attack strategic targets- Attack an airport planes are attacking out of, a city that has a nuclear reactor, a port that desperately needs to be stopped, etc. Paratroopers are expensive and take a commitment to build, so don't waste them.
      • Attack in Groups- This gives a better chance of survival once you land, and in the air.
      Defending Against Paratroopers- Paratroopers have low health in the air, plus they cannot move for 10 hours. You can use this to your advantage in defending.
      • Anti-air and fighters- Any anti-air units or fighters in or above the province the paratroopers are attacking should destroy the transport plane of the paratroopers.
      • Artillery- Setup this unit to bombard the paratroopers once they have landed. Since they are stuck for 10 hours, you should have plenty of time to bombard them to oblivion.
      • Counter Units- Have units waiting in the province the paratroopers are going to attack. Bombarding them from the air also works.
      I hope this helps with any questions. Feel free to comment below on anything I may have missed or necessary additions.-General Nightman, Intelligence Division
      this Is for 1.0