New Building Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Building Ideas

it is I

and I'm here to talk about some ideas for new buildings. Yes? Yes.

Financial Center

-Visually, this building would basically be a cluster of towers, like the skyscrapers in London's finance districts. I can only be constructed in urban provinces(cities).
      -It would cost 50,000 money, 12,000 goods and 1,500 steel to build, have a build time of three days, and it would have 15 HP. This building would only have one level.
      -This building would boost economic(money) output by 75% and morale by +5(jobs being created because of the financial center's construction would lower unemployment, thereby boosting happiness).
      -It would not have any maintenance costs and cannot be deactivated.
      -Once damaged past 6 HP, this building would provide no more economic boosts.

Residential Area

-This building would be represented by a cluster of little houses. This can be built anywhere.
      -It would cost 15,000 money, 10,000 goods and 500 steel to construct. The construction price would rise by 5,000, 1,500 and 500 respectively with each level. The building would have three levels; 25 HP and LV1, 35 HP at LV2 and 45 HP at LV3. It would take a day, a day and 12hrs and two days respectively to construct.
      -It would boost economic output by 10%, manpower production by 5%, and morale by +5 for each level.
      -This building would have no maintenance costs, and cannot be deactivated.
      -Maybe armored units would move more slowly in residential areas?

Provincial Administration

-This building would have no physical appearance on the map, but perhaps it would give whichever city it is located in a name tag, similar to the capital name tag.
      -You can only have up to three provincial administration buildings at a time.
      -It would cost 1,000 goods and 5,000 money to construct, over a period of twelve hours. Like the capital, it would have only one level.
      -This building would lower the effects of "distance from capital" morale loss by 15. Like the capital, its area of effect gets weaker the further away a given province is from this building.
      -No maintenance costs, and it can't be deactivated.

Hospital

-This building might show up on the map as a little box with several smaller boxes. Think of the school building from Monopoly City(if anyone plays that game).
      -It would cost 20,000 money, 15,000 goods, 10,000 steel, 1,000 food, and 500 rare materials. It would take eighteen hours to build and would only have one level, with 20 HP.
      -This building would heal units stationed inside the hospital, at a rate of 10% of a unit's health per day. It would also raise morale by +5.
      -It would have a maintenance of 300 goods, and can be deactivated.

Trenches

-This isn't exactly a building- it's a field fortification. Essentially, these would be the cheaper and faster to construct version of fortifications.
      -It would cost only 1,000 money and 500 goods to build, and it would take an hour and 30 minutes to build. This can only be build if there is an infantry unit in the city that you wish to build trenches in. There are five levels of trenches and each level takes the same amount of time and money to build.
      -Trenches lower enemy movement speed and give your own troops slightly more defensive capability(maybe +5 defensive capability per level?). However, trenches lower morale by -3 per level and slow down your own troops as well. This way, people will be less likely to spam trenches.
      -Once the entrenched city is captured by enemy forces, all trench systems are destroyed.
      -No maintenance, no deactivation.

I might update this list with new ideas in the future.
      Thoughts?
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • I never thought of your suggestion, the Finanancial Center, but it would be a great idea. Currently, it isn't very easy to get more money beyond conqueing and having to feed new populations, especially bad when you have a large espionage war. The provincial administration would be good but have to be more expensive, and limited by map (only 1 on europe, 2 on pacific and usa, 3 in worlds).
    • iDragons wrote:

It would cost 50,000 money, 12,000 goods and 1,500 steel to build, have a build time of three days, and it would have 15 HP. This building would only have one level.
      You have lost me at 12.000 goods. It's the most scarce recourse in the game. When i'm at the point that i can spare 12k goods for a building i don't care about money anymore because i'll have 5000$ production an hour. Idd prefer to use those goods to upgrade my industrial complexes.

iDragons wrote:

-It would cost 1,000 goods and 5,000 money to construct, over a period of twelve hours. Like the capital, it would have only one level.
      -This building would lower the effects of "distance from capital" morale loss by 15. Like the capital, its area of effect gets weaker the further away a given province is from this building.
      The administration centre is a great idea, an improvement of the distance from the capital would be interesting on big maps. A way better suggestion than the thread we had about having more then one capital.

iDragons wrote:

It would cost 20,000 money, 15,000 goods, 10,000 steel, 1,000 food, and 500 rare materials. It would take eighteen hours to build and would only have one level, with 20 HP.
      That's a lot for a hospital, you can train a lot of troops with that kind of resources. A hospital sounds like a good and logical idea but is not practical. Imagine you have to let your troops march all the way back to the hospital after every big map. This would take a long time to retreat them from the battle front and send them back especially on the big maps. It wouldn't be efficient.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • iDragons wrote:

Trenches

-This isn't exactly a building- it's a field fortification. Essentially, these would be the cheaper and faster to construct version of fortifications.
      Your best idea I've read and would add realism to the game. When infantry needs to defend and they know the enemy is coming they would start digging a defensive position. I like it very much!!!
      BMfox

• The administrative center would make the game far too easy I believe. It would be way OP, would make almost obsolete the need for forts (apart from the real borders) and would be spammed easily in the big maps.

I think the idea should be to make it really very tough to maintain a world empire, not to find ways to facilitate it. Yes, the distance is a big issue, and can be easily handled in a map-per-map basis (difference distance factors per map).
    • yes trenches were used in WW2, but at this time, they were outdated and were being abandoned. they weren't as widespread as in WW1 (Western Front, anyone?) but for trenches, onlt two things can camp in it: Infantry and militia. and sense most peoples armies are based around tanks, they would be pretty worthless, or some pretty wide trenches.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • When I served in the army 15 years ago they had us digging foxholes in basic training. Trenches are WW1 but foxholes were used a lot during WW2 and are still in use today. It's the best protection infantry can have against mortar or artillery fire when deployed in the battlefield or at a soon to be frontline. In a few hours you have a very good defensive position. Two men in a foxhole, one foxhole every 50 meters. One platoon of 30 men can cover a line of 750m wide against an attack 3 versus 1.
      BMfox

• Okay, here is my input:
      Financial Centers - Way to costly when considering these buildings are for an individual province. I would suggest creating a marketplace that can sell a selected resource for minimal cash outside of the market (if there are any better deals currently in the market, they will override this). The minimum cost per resource will either follow the lowest price in the market or the bases that would be then decided. Maybe bases for the resource costs would be $2 for each food, goods, and metal; and $3 for each barrel of oil and rare material.

Residential Area - This seems way too similar to infrastructure. I say forget about it.

Provincial Administration - I did suggest something like this in the two capital post. But because people have convinced me that they can be too powerful, I suggest you limit it to a max of 1 or 2 of these buildings (we don't want to completely destroy the point of fortifications). Additionally, the only time a 2nd one of these would even be arguably necessary is 50p+ maps, and unless you're talking solo wins (which are very unrealistic on these maps), you still don't need this. I would also recommend a VP/province requirement to even begin construction on one of these buildings (you don't need one when you only control the area of 3 countries). Another concern I have is what the reduction is, is it 15% or is it 15 points? I would prefer you choose 15% because the 15 pts could be abused.

Hospital - Many people brought up this idea, but given the structure of the game, it just is not practical (in my eyes).

Trenches - So maybe this would create a new terrain kind of? With these trenches, the infantry branch would be boosted to 150% defensively (1.5x as good), and armored units would only be 50% of their normal attack and defense. It would also slow down armored units to their speed on mountains.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • iDragons wrote:

1. it is I

and I'm here to talk about some ideas for new buildings. Yes? Yes.

Financial Center

-Visually, this building would basically be a cluster of towers, like the skyscrapers in London's finance districts. I can only be constructed in urban provinces(cities).
      -It would cost 50,000 money, 12,000 goods and 1,500 steel to build, have a build time of three days, and it would have 15 HP. This building would only have one level.
      -This building would boost economic(money) output by 75% and morale by +5(jobs being created because of the financial center's construction would lower unemployment, thereby boosting happiness).
      -It would not have any maintenance costs and cannot be deactivated.
      -Once damaged past 6 HP, this building would provide no more economic boosts.

Residential Area

-This building would be represented by a cluster of little houses. This can be built anywhere.
      -It would cost 15,000 money, 10,000 goods and 500 steel to construct. The construction price would rise by 5,000, 1,500 and 500 respectively with each level. The building would have three levels; 25 HP and LV1, 35 HP at LV2 and 45 HP at LV3. It would take a day, a day and 12hrs and two days respectively to construct.
      -It would boost economic output by 10%, manpower production by 5%, and morale by +5 for each level.
      -This building would have no maintenance costs, and cannot be deactivated.
      -Maybe armored units would move more slowly in residential areas?

-This building would have no physical appearance on the map, but perhaps it would give whichever city it is located in a name tag, similar to the capital name tag.
      -You can only have up to three provincial administration buildings at a time.
      -No maintenance costs, and it can't be deactivated.

Hospital

-This building might show up on the map as a little box with several smaller boxes. Think of the school building from Monopoly City(if anyone plays that game).
      -It would cost 20,000 money, 15,000 goods, 10,000 steel, 1,000 food, and 500 rare materials. It would take eighteen hours to build and would only have one level, with 20 HP.
      -This building would heal units stationed inside the hospital, at a rate of 10% of a unit's health per day. It would also raise morale by +5.
      -It would have a maintenance of 300 goods, and can be deactivated.

Trenches

-It would cost only 1,000 money and 500 goods to build, and it would take an hour and 30 minutes to build. This can only be build if there is an infantry unit in the city that you wish to build trenches in. There are five levels of trenches and each level takes the same amount of time and money to build.
      -Trenches lower enemy movement speed and give your own troops slightly more defensive capability(maybe +5 defensive capability per level?). However, trenches lower morale by -3 per level and slow down your own troops as well. This way, people will be less likely to spam trenches.
      -Once the entrenched city is captured by enemy forces, all trench systems are destroyed.
      -No maintenance, no deactivation.

I might update this list with new ideas in the future.
      Thoughts?
      I like the financial centre, so what is the time taken to build it consider these question for this building type:
      1. What should be the time taken to build it?
      2. I do not think is should boost happiness, i guess that means morale but anyways because there are too much posting morale building already. Eg. Fortifications, infrastructure and capitol
      The hospital thing is a completely new thing in CoW and i do understand coding, at least a bit. Doing that might need hundreds of lines of coding but it is still a good idea. Things to think of:
      1. Would it change CoW to a game that is less challenging and fun?
      2. You do not necessarily need all the resources to create buildings like this. Focus on 1 source and put more into that resource.
      3. Monopoly is a different kind of game. Suggest playing Risk but otherwise...
      Trenches are just like fortifications, why not just update the fortification? I do not get the idea of this but...
      Province Administration is a really good idea but are you sure the cost is that minor?
      • Money should increase to at least 10000
      • How about using some manpower?
      Residential area is Urban areas in the map which is already here...
      1. Same as what you wrote, it is also slower, weaker for armoured class vehicles so that is not a necessary add to this game.
      2. BTW do you play New World Empires? That game has similar buildings to what you say.

Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • WayneBo wrote:

CoW is already too much about buildings, and too little about combat.
      Trenches have been suggested before, and as BM pointed out, are still in use,
      but at the platoon, squad and team level. CoW is Bn, Rgt, BDe level, so N/A.
      Not necessarily, take a look at New World Empires, it consist of more.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • Like said in previous replies, I would love the idea of being able to select what type of fortifications i want to build. Trenches, foxholes, barb wire,the classic forts, etc would add to the realism. They each have their advantages and disadvantages like normal. Hopefully some variation gets incorporated into the game.
    • Not sure if this is the right topic to ask, but if it's not just move the post.

But the upper post gave me idea.

Would it be possible to make fortifications more useful? Perhaps if they are built on the shoreline they can do damage to naval units, or some damage to Airforce as well something like Flak towers. Give them fire range or something.

Not just to provide protection to units stationed in province with fortification, or raise morale.

They could be more expensive to build, and/or gain these damage conveniences at higher level.