Guerrila

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So I was thinking about making a non mobile hibrid of unit and a building- Guerrilas. My idea is that they would take 24h to build, 3 levels max. For the first level it takes 2.500 goods, 2000 food, 1000 iron and 1000 manpower to build it, and it increases respectively for 250 on lvl 2, and 500 for lvl 3. They would increase morale, and be very loyal to your government. It would need a daily upkeep of 100 food and 150 goods. These Guerrilas/ National Guards would be immovable, they would be stuck only in the province where they are built, and used only when an enemy occupies that province, then they will revolt and try to return back the province, where in my universe, it can beat 2 units (2 non armored unit) lvl1, 3 lvl2 (2 non armored unit) and 5 lvl3 (4 non-armored units). When it comes to terrain, the most advantage IMO should be hills and mountains (+15), plain should be 0 and Urban -5%. I think this would bring new defensive mechanism, give solid chances to smaller AI countries, and actually you would have to have good strategy to win, not just stack units and basically crush province by province. Thoughts, have i forgoten something, would you change something or is it a bad idea?
    • Well other than OP stats they are pretty much the same as militia instead of being slow you suggest they cant move at all.

Aslo you suggest only being available in core provinces unless I misunderstand which makes them even less versatile then militia...

So once again other than OP stats whats different about guerrilla vs militia?
    • Kanaris wrote:

Well other than OP stats they are pretty much the same as militia instead of being slow you suggest they cant move at all.

Aslo you suggest only being available in core provinces unless I misunderstand which makes them even less versatile then militia...

So once again other than OP stats whats different about guerrilla vs militia?
      My thought was a unit stronger than militia that has less daily consumption, and in exchange it cant move. Militia should be weaker, and the only advantage it should have is that its mobile. Remember- I see guerrilas as defensive units.
    • What are militia if not defensive units?

Currently the strongest infantry class unit both defensively and offensively is Commando; the kind of stats you want to give your Guerrillas make Commandos look like chumps. I cannot guarrantee you that 1 commando can kill 2 infantry units on regular terrain, most of the time it will lose. Thats with 25hp and attack value unarmoured of 10!!

Your guerrillas will be able to do that at lvl1 and strike like nuclear rockets on lvl3. Thats quite a lot to ask for from a paramilitary unit that technically is not even a unit just a bunch of guys that come together in a time of crisis, not very realistic.

So once again what you are trying to depict already exists in game and does it more realistically in the form of militia.
    • I think a much better stationary unit would be gun emplacements, which were used against warships and with forts. They would require a level three fort and have three levels, level two at a level four fort and level three at a level five fort. I'm not sure how they would be balanced as explicitly to destroy the menace that is battleships or to have a long range or a lot of damage. I'd assume long range and best damage against infantry and ships would be best.