Call of War: Friends List Next Update?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War: Friends List Next Update?

A lot of players Including myself have made buddies or friends on "Call Of War" An issue I've always had was not being able to have an active Friends list. Many people have met nice people who work together and have fun on this game and create a nice bonds including myself, but after every game I never get to meet them again so it's really a issue I have and I hope the "Call of War" community hears me out too. Please add this on the next update; It would really be amazing to be able to have a friends list and keep contact to play other games together. Thank you for reading this and help us out. Thanks!! ^^
      - :beer: DeMoNiikSlaYer :beer:
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • Call of War has alliances, which are a group of people who have a special chat across all games and the ability to battle against other alliances.

How would your proposed “friends list” be different?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I'm fairly certain the proposed friend list is where each individual player would have control over the people on that list, unlike coalitions where the leader tends to make all those decisions on their own.

The concern was that this may permit teaming apart from the coalitions. If you consider the teaming in anonymous rounds, a friend list could make restrictions on this an even bigger problem.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • I do not really get it, can you please explain more?
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • I certainly don't know what the OP had in his mind, but I can say how a "friend list" works in other online games (and why it is both something very different than coalitions, and also potentially useful).

The player has the ability to mark other accounts as "friends" and then he has two benefits:

1. An easier way to message them
      2. When starting a new game, it also displays with a different color a "friend" that is already playing in that map.

Of course, "friend" means nothing in that context - it might also be a good player he would like to play against (so as to have the ability to learn). In that sense, it is both very different to coalitions/alliances, and also potentially useful.
    • Maybe he is proposing that the player can flag/add (or however you want to say it) a player that they want to play with at a later date so that they can easily reach out to them at a later date without having to memorize the name,etc. As alliances have a limited number of people allowed or they may become friends in a normal match while both are in separate alliances. This would probably be the more manageable option.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Call of War has alliances, which are a group of people who have a special chat across all games and the ability to battle against other alliances.

How would your proposed “friends list” be different?
      Alliances are more of a group type of friends, the "Friends list" would be used as a list of friends to communicate between one another, or even play games with each other it is rather difficult to talk to these people if they already have an alliance as does the other player so it would be much more convenient to talk to a friend through a friends list than to communicate through a game as I had done in the past. My apology's for the late response.
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]

The post was edited 1 time, last by DeMoNiikSlaYer: furthermore, spelling errors ().

• RYANWEN wrote:

I do not really get it, can you please explain more?
      Think of it as an individual List of friends 10 or more. Players you have met with skill, friendship or even people you like and want to help teach how to play as have I done in the past and others to me as well. You can't talk to them after a game because either they have an alliance already or they just move on and forget. What I am trying to propose is a friends list, where when players meet other players which they get along they would have the ability to add them from the player profile, you can either accept or decline depending on the circumstance of the person. You would be able to see their activity, which games they have joined or are playing, or even send game codes to one another so players can play with their friends. You would also have the ability to remove due to issues or inactivity of players in the friends list. I was thinking of an player search bar so that we can search players so it is easy to find other players Username/profile. Please ask me anything else if you are still not entirely sure an need explaining on certain things. Thank you -DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • Lukenick wrote:

I'm fairly certain the proposed friend list is where each individual player would have control over the people on that list, unlike coalitions where the leader tends to make all those decisions on their own.

The concern was that this may permit teaming apart from the coalitions. If you consider the teaming in anonymous rounds, a friend list could make restrictions on this an even bigger problem.
      Yes exactly that. As for the concern, I think an Anonymous rounds should block those who join with friends on purpose to team. It would eliminate that problem so there wouldn't have to be an issue for this.
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • atreas1 wrote:

I certainly don't know what the OP had in his mind, but I can say how a "friend list" works in other online games (and why it is both something very different than coalitions, and also potentially useful).

The player has the ability to mark other accounts as "friends" and then he has two benefits:

1. An easier way to message them
      2. When starting a new game, it also displays with a different color a "friend" that is already playing in that map.

Of course, "friend" means nothing in that context - it might also be a good player he would like to play against (so as to have the ability to learn). In that sense, it is both very different to coalitions/alliances, and also potentially useful.
      Thank you. This is exactly what I had in mind much more, clearer than my own explanation. -DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

Maybe he is proposing that the player can flag/add (or however you want to say it) a player that they want to play with at a later date so that they can easily reach out to them at a later date without having to memorize the name,etc. As alliances have a limited number of people allowed or they may become friends in a normal match while both are in separate alliances. This would probably be the more manageable option.
      Yes, It is exactly what I am proposing, much more clear than my own explanation as well. -DeMoNiikSlayer
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • We kind of have such a list. On the home page you can go to ranking, type in the name of a player and send them a private message. All the conversations in your out and inbox would be your friends list.
      Images
      • Untitled.png

504.43 kB, 913×509, viewed 54 times
      • Untitled1.png

302.48 kB, 905×419, viewed 44 times
      • Untitled2.png

373.35 kB, 799×381, viewed 49 times
      • Untitled3.png

523.78 kB, 918×539, viewed 65 times
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

We kind of have such a list. On the home page you can go to ranking, type in the name of a player and send them a private message. All the conversations in your out and inbox would be your friends list.
      I mean Yes, But that is way to complicated even for new players they wouldn't know how to even do that, as it is too much steps. It is much more easier and more convenient to just click a tab that has a list of friends to message or see activity. Thank you for giving that input hopefully I cleared it up for you. if you any more concerns I am all eyes. Thank you -DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • Even if you limit that list from 10 to 20 players, everybody should be satisfied with that. All it would include is their name, a link to message them (which would also show prior messages), a link to their profile, and their last date of signing into CoW.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."