Enhanced Graphics vs old one

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Enhanced Graphics vs old one

I am not a big fan of the enhanced graphics. After yesterday's upgrade the 'old' graphics lost the ability to make smoke on captured provinces and the little lightning bolt when at war with a group of the enemy also went away. Great features and easy to use and understand.
      So I switched to the enhanced where they had smoke. Blah.
      The first thing that frustrated me was when I landed my planes to fuel I now get the little gas handle symbol and what looks like a countdown clock around the circle...but no time. The old graphics gave you the exact time and was very nice to know when you needed to get back.

Question 1 Is there a way on the enhanced to see the countdown besides clicking on your stack and getting a spot time check?
      Question 2 When trying to click on a town with multiple troops in it, getting the town open is hard. The old way gave you a magnifying glass and bingo you were in.
      Question 3 - If the programmers and powers to be want to get rid of the old version, please explain why. Bleeding me one cut at a time like this is really not any fun. :wallbash
      Remember the auto maker who made the Edsel? It had all kinds of bells and whistles. They finally admitted it was a mistake and quit making that car because not enough people wanted it...
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • Answers to your questions:
      1. No. But you can take an estimate from the time left in the dial, it is never more than 1/2 an hour for refueling. Just know the condition and level of your airport.
      2.Type in the name of the town into ctrl+f. Or be VERY precise with your mouse.
      3. Most people, especially beginners, prefer enhanced graphics. While geared for the enhanced graphics, I don't believe that call of war is intending to get rid of basic graphics any time soon.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Thanks General Nightman. While an estimate may good for some, many gammers want to know exactly when they will be in the air quickly and easily because of possible attacks, beating your enemy back to his base, etc...and believe me seconds counts sometimes - which I am sure you are aware of.
      So the work around is to type in the name of the town and the programmers think this is an improvement? Hehehe

You know, we really do need to get used to the new graphics but it doesn't have the same functionality as the old one that is the big rub. I know, if people didn't improve on their products, we all would still be playing 'pong'. (If pong made an enhanced graphics I bet it would at least have the same functionality)
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • It could be a bug, I have noticed a few quirks with the new graphics.
      Plane launch time is critical sometimes, certainly, but how hard is to click on the planes and check?
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • The older graphics is easier to use for people with bigger hands. Especially PC mode.

The way it was is much more functional, besides updates, I see no reason to continue changes. Myself and have noticed that many others, here on COW, are quite happy with original interface graphics type, ideally best for mobile phone mode.

The enhanced graphics is overrated, if anything i would downplay the interface. Strategy gaming will always remain the same on any map format, it is how one makes decisions, not how graphics are produced.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• Graphics 13

The result is only visible to the participants.

Which kind of graphic do you use.
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • I was going to vote... until I realized that enhanced graphics were actually enchanted.
      Can't risk being cursed. ;)
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• General Nightman wrote:

I was going to vote... until I realized that enhanced graphics were actually enchanted.

General Nightman wrote:

I was going to vote... until I realized that enhanced graphics were actually enchanted.
      No-one will know who voted for it only the amount will be shown
      Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell