New Game Mode/map ideas (reply with ideas of your own)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Game Mode/map ideas (reply with ideas of your own)

A few interesting concept for game modes/etc.

1. Kind of like the All Countries:All in mode, it would be interesting to see a mode where you are limited to only selecting the minor 3rd world countries and small usually unplayable AI nations.

2. Objective based mode: Time is close to the end of the war. You must take and hold key areas (forts,etc) that belong to the Germans/axis in a race for intel/etc.

3. Similar to number 2 but the major allied nations are split into regions by 2-3 players and they must work together to be successful, the German nation is a playable team on this one their objective is to stop/repel the players. This can be a timed mode so that the 2-3 on one country win if they hold a certain amount of the objective points for a set amount of days. The German team would win if they can hold the enemies off the objectives for a set amount of time or if it remains unconquered by a certain day.

4. New map: Fight to increase the colonies in Africa.

5. New mode/map: You get a limited amount of islands/starting land troops. All resources are balanced. Several AI nations are spread out. The catch is that you have a decent navy to start out with and must fight others to succeed. This could be a solo, team or normal coalition mode (maybe various times it changes).

*These are just a few of the random ideas i have thought of in my time playing the Bytro Lab games over the past 8 years. I will update this list as i get the time to*
    • Many of these ideas are very close to current event maps, or already exist.

1. All-in-Historic Map- People can choose from 73 countries, big and small, to fight with.
      2. Operation Supremacy- Capture 13 of 25 control points before the time runs out to increase your industrial capabilities and points.
      3. Endgame- Three teams, Axis, Allies and USSR fight together in 1944 in the final stages of the war. Will the Axis be able to make a comeback? Or will they be crushed by the combined might of the USA and USSR
      4. This one would be new
      5. Tournament Island- A balanced map, with all nations exactly the same. Who will win? It might not have the navy that you are looking for though.
      Bytro always is producing new maps, we all look forward to them. :)
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • For your 1st idea, what would happen to the regular nations? Are they able to be selected as well?
      If so, another mode should be made where the regular nations could not be selected, and they would vary between elite and regular AIs.

For 2 and 3, I think they have something like that already.

4 would be a nice map idea, but 5 is significantly more interesting.
      Another thought on idea 5, maybe they could advance the research a bit ahead of time for the destroyers and subs or just start all the players off with only ships to defend their land.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • Custom area focus mode

The idea: if you notice, after a point the player needs repeatedly to focus alternatively in the main production area (the cores) and to the (usually up to two) main battle areas. When the areas are far away, it becomes tedious to scroll (even in the computer, but much more in the mobile).

What if we can define up to two custom "focus areas", which we can then access instantly by pressing the 1 and 2 buttons? The 0 button would always return us to the cores (like it does when we load the game). The player will then be able to change the focus area (and zoom) for each one of the custom areas and have a much faster way to move to the critical (for him) parts of the map.
    • FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

1. Kind of like the All Countries:All in mode, it would be interesting to see a mode where you are limited to only selecting the minor 3rd world countries and small usually unplayable AI nations.

2. Objective based mode: Time is close to the end of the war. You must take and hold key areas (forts,etc) that belong to the Germans/axis in a race for intel/etc.

3. Similar to number 2 but the major allied nations are split into regions by 2-3 players and they must work together to be successful, the German nation is a playable team on this one their objective is to stop/repel the players. This can be a timed mode so that the 2-3 on one country win if they hold a certain amount of the objective points for a set amount of days. The German team would win if they can hold the enemies off the objectives for a set amount of time or if it remains unconquered by a certain day.

5. New mode/map: You get a limited amount of islands/starting land troops. All resources are balanced. Several AI nations are spread out. The catch is that you have a decent navy to start out with and must fight others to succeed. This could be a solo, team or normal coalition mode (maybe various times it changes).

*These are just a few of the random ideas i have thought of in my time playing the Bytro Lab games over the past 8 years. I will update this list as i get the time to*
      1. I think we should have a african map.
        1. African map contains the african countries but Italian and Erwin Rommel's panzer units are there as well.
        2. British RAF are also there. Fighter/ bomber in vast amounts.
        3. British troops commanded by General Bernard Montgomery.
        4. Is that what you want to say in number 4?
      2. Resources cannot be balanced as stated in 5, the game is designed to have all land, troops and resources different depending on the land size.

Criticism is the key to being proud but empathy is the key to being successful.
      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
      Ask not what your countrycan do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F Kennedy
      Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. John C. Maxwell
    • Yes, on number 4 lol was busy so didn’t have much time to type everything. Figured that would be obvious. For what I was saying on number 5, the land sizes are the same and it was supposed to say that you would be lacking certain resources more than others and have to conquer for them not sure what I was thinking when I typed the rest of that.

RYANWEN wrote:

FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

1. I think we should have a african map.
        1. African map contains the african countries but Italian and Erwin Rommel's panzer units are there as well.
        2. British RAF are also there. Fighter/ bomber in vast amounts.
        3. British troops commanded by General Bernard Montgomery.
        4. Is that what you want to say in number 4?
      2. Resources cannot be balanced as stated in 5, the game is designed to have all land, troops and resources different depending on the land size.

• Lukenick wrote:

For your 1st idea, what would happen to the regular nations? Are they able to be selected as well?
      If so, another mode should be made where the regular nations could not be selected, and they would vary between elite and regular AIs.

For 2 and 3, I think they have something like that already.

4 would be a nice map idea, but 5 is significantly more interesting.
      Another thought on idea 5, maybe they could advance the research a bit ahead of time for the destroyers and subs or just start all the players off with only ships to defend their land.
      for the navy I saw it starting around the 3rd-4th research. I also answered your question in another post, but you cannot select the major nations. They will be AI.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FoRsAkEnCaRd ().

• atreas1 wrote:

Custom area focus mode

The idea: if you notice, after a point the player needs repeatedly to focus alternatively in the main production area (the cores) and to the (usually up to two) main battle areas. When the areas are far away, it becomes tedious to scroll (even in the computer, but much more in the mobile).

What if we can define up to two custom "focus areas", which we can then access instantly by pressing the 1 and 2 buttons? The 0 button would always return us to the cores (like it does when we load the game). The player will then be able to change the focus area (and zoom) for each one of the custom areas and have a much faster way to move to the critical (for him) parts of the map.
      I love this idea.
    • General Nightman wrote:

Many of these ideas are very close to current event maps, or already exist.

1. All-in-Historic Map- People can choose from 73 countries, big and small, to fight with.
      2. Operation Supremacy- Capture 13 of 25 control points before the time runs out to increase your industrial capabilities and points.
      3. Endgame- Three teams, Axis, Allies and USSR fight together in 1944 in the final stages of the war. Will the Axis be able to make a comeback? Or will they be crushed by the combined might of the USA and USSR
      4. This one would be new
      5. Tournament Island- A balanced map, with all nations exactly the same. Who will win? It might not have the navy that you are looking for though.
      Bytro always is producing new maps, we all look forward to them. :)
      The wordings were a little vague when I typed it as I was in a hurry but, It is meant to be a combination of your 2 and 3. Just a random idea, interested to see this thread have input on ideas and variations. For my naval one, it is like tournament island but the focus is changed to heavily navy and your abilities at micromanaging what little you have to win. The first option on yours, I was saying that you are limited to the minor nations. The larger nations are AI.
    • Create a Civil War gamemode where you are either Union or Confederacy and only units available are militia, infantry, artillery, and destroyer (ironclads). Union must capture specific locations (e.g. Richmond, Atlanta) to win, Confederacy must capture and hold Washington or survive for a certain amount of time