Dawn of the Patriot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dawn of the Patriot

Attention Generals!

We added a completely new event to our calendar in which you rewrite
      history by either saving or conquering the American heartland - Dawn of
      the Patriot!

In this exciting scenario the Axis won the war and established colonial
      empires in North America. While Japan exploits the west the Germans
      claimed the eastern shores of the former Land of the Free. But
      resistance is growing in the heartland of the fallen states and patriots
      are reclaiming the heritage of the Founding Fathers.

Liberate the United States from foreign occupation or defeat the
      uprising patriots in the center of the North American continent in this
      alternative history scenario!

• Sign-up period: 2019/05/17, 11 AM CEST - 2019/05/21, 11 AM CEST
      • 3 Teams with 10 players each
      • starts-when-full
      • free team selection
      • random country selection
      • 24h peace period

During the sign-up period the event maps can be found at the top of the games list. Join these event maps to participate.

"Dawn of the Patriot" is a great event for the brand new paratrooper unit!
      Learn more about its capabilities in Sky Badger's Paratrooper Review
      video and how you can use this iconic unit for your fight over the Land
      of the Free!

We wish you good luck and much fun!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • The American resistance is outflanked, they are the most obvious target for both Japanese and German occupation forces, in fact i doubt Japanese and German forces will start fighting each other until the resistance is functionally defeated. In future rounds is it possible to increase starting troops and buildings for the resistance to counter the attack from 2 sides?
    • AK140 wrote:

The American resistance is outflanked, they are the most obvious target for both Japanese and German occupation forces, in fact i doubt Japanese and German forces will start fighting each other until the resistance is functionally defeated. In future rounds is it possible to increase starting troops and buildings for the resistance to counter the attack from 2 sides?
      I think this would be a decent idea, but give America lots of infantry and japan and germany more armor to make it realistic, like all the American are really fighting back against an organized invasion. I applaud the way you guys designed the map, but what's New Wakigami? :D
    • I'm a little annoyed, I wanted to play as Japanese Arctic and I joined a new game, but because of the random selection. I ended up with Ryu frontier three times in a row and had to archive it. What should I do? I hate going inactive but I wouldn't like to play as the crummiest Japanese country!
    • Believe me, the players on your team are annoyed as wel that you archived. Read the game specifications before you join, this is a good help. It's random country selection and just leaving a game because you think you might lose is not the attitude other players want to see. "Finish what you started, you never know what might happen if you don't". That's what my mom always told me and she's a wise women.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I enjoy the fact that the American Resistance has to fight on two fronts, BUT... I find it strange that a couple German and Japanese factions start with soooooo many IC's. The Appalachians started with 11 Industrial Complexes. ELEVEN. Yes, some of those are in non-resource provinces, but still, ELEVEN units able to be produced from day 1 is a bit ridiculous.

P.S. No, he didn't build them - they were pre-built.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Eminem2891 wrote:

I enjoy the fact that the American Resistance has to fight on two fronts, BUT... I find it strange that a couple German and Japanese factions start with soooooo many IC's. The Appalachians started with 11 Industrial Complexes. ELEVEN. Yes, some of those are in non-resource provinces, but still, ELEVEN units able to be produced from day 1 is a bit ridiculous.

P.S. No, he didn't build them - they were pre-built.
      Yeah got those seven as Flussmark, it was pretty good...
    • I play one right now, randomly i got some German province on North, facing Canadian resistance. I have 5 IC and some army. I do not like team games, but this time my teammates are still active, not much but active... First I noticed is that resistant countries are in middle so they have less chance to do something from that game. Do they have more army or what, because if they do not they are doomed .
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I joined one as the American Resistance with 3 other player from Regulators, we need 300 VP to win so will probably over in a day or two. I enjoyed the map very much and enjoyed fighting the two fronts. I really liked how we started with high research so we could get good troops from day one, I will compare this to the 50vs50 event and thought it was a great addition.

However, my biggest or only real criticism of this game was just how many players went inactive from day 1. We had 3 players in our coalition, 2 from the Japanese team and I think 2 from the German team. I think this is a large issue as especially for the resistance team they are already fighting 1v2 so losing extra players is quite an issue. For us it wasn't too bad but for teams with more even levels of skill I think it would make the Resistance team very difficult. I am not completely sure how to fix this issue apart from limiting the number of these games players can join in the hopes they don't join lots of these games to get a better nation and team of players. This also has the issue of planes not being able to be used if those players don't build ABs and then if the AI doesn't so I think all cities should start with a lvl 1 AB.

I think an interesting way for this map to be played more would be for the ability for alliances to get games to verse other alliances in 10v10v10s, or just 10v10 or other combinations. Perhaps this could be done by having the leaders of an alliance be able to create one of these custom games? Or apply for one and gain permission to? As players are from all over the world and with different timezones and the speed of which these games are filled up I dont currently think it is really possible to get a whole alliance into the game and doing this with 2-3 alliances would be pretty much impossible. I say this from experience as we were hoping to get more than just the 4 players into our game.

Overall I enjoyed this map a lot and with these issues addressed I think it would become an even better map!
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • This is last team event I entered with random teammates. It is day 7 and most of them did not do anything, two are inactive and rest, well I do not know what are they doing. Communication is zero.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • patriota75 wrote:

This is last team event I entered with random teammates. It is day 7 and most of them did not do anything, two are inactive and rest, well I do not know what are they doing. Communication is zero.
      This is a extra motivation for you to join an alliance. This way you can enter with team mates and you don't have to rely on random players. You will be less frustrated and have more fun gaming.
      BMfox

• the map needs to be smaller. I am playing as Tanimora Coast and all my factories are in the West while my Front-lines are in the East. it is extremely long meaning that my troops have to travel huge distances to get to a target. even with tanks, it takes at least 12 hours, but regularly takes a full day. I ask for the map to be smaller to allow faster movement of troops.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • attacker101 wrote:

the map needs to be smaller. I am playing as Tanimora Coast and all my factories are in the West while my Front-lines are in the East. it is extremely long meaning that my troops have to travel huge distances to get to a target. even with tanks, it takes at least 12 hours, but regularly takes a full day. I ask for the map to be smaller to allow faster movement of troops.
      While this is true I think this happens in all games doesn't it? For example, if I play a nation in Africa on the 100 map, when I go to attack Asia my troops will have to travel huge distances. I believe this is just an aspect of the games pace as lots of the time just on your starting provinces in a map it can take 12 hours to get from one end to another. While it yes does take a while to get from cores to the front. The only way I see to make it shorter would be for a tiny map, given this map has 30 players in it. Additionally, this is what given the defenders an advantage which I think is somewhat realistic, as your front lines become larger and further away from your industrial areas, it becomes harder to get troops to the front. I don't think its disproportionately too large. But this is just my opinion.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • attacker101 wrote:

the map needs to be smaller. I am playing as Tanimora Coast and all my factories are in the West while my Front-lines are in the East. it is extremely long meaning that my troops have to travel huge distances to get to a target. even with tanks, it takes at least 12 hours, but regularly takes a full day. I ask for the map to be smaller to allow faster movement of troops.
      Imagine you are playing with the resistance and you finished off the Germans in the East, then you need to move your army all the way West to fight of the Japanese. If your IC would be closer to the front then the resistance wouldn't stand a chance. They are already squised in between two powers and now you want to be able to attack them even faster? You being far from the frontline is the only advantage the resistance have as they are close to the frontline. This makes the game more or less balanced. If your IC would be closer then the resistance doesn't stand a chance at all.
      BMfox

• For your information: I'm about to finish on day 8 with the American resistance. We entered the game with 4 Regulators: Mod Torpedo, SMod Eminem, ex Mod Crazy Pigeon eyes and me. The four of us might be a bit more skilled then the average player and we work well as a team but it is the proof that a team of 10 players that communicate in their chat and work together can win this map.
      BMfox