How Does Rockets Effect on Army

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How Does Rockets Effect on Army

We have over 5 pieces of level-2 rockets and enemy has a group army which has 56 units in one. Enemy has anti-airs, artilleries, commandos, tanks, infantries and antitank vehicles all together.

1- How should we attack/defend?
      2- How much damage each rocket gonna give against that army?
    • Hi,
      Rockets can't defend on the ground. They must be launched to do any damage, and they always attack.

That being said, if you launch 5 rockets at stack of 56 units, you are unlikely to destroy any of the units, or very few. Total damage would be 110, but it would be spread out over all 56 units. It would be like taking 2 HP from every unit.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Yeah, you are going to need a lot more than 5 rockets to take on 56 units.

A longer range artillery is best, check what level his artillery are and their range, see if you can get a longer range on your artillery, such as at the level 2 / level 3 research difference.

You will need to protect your own artillery with tanks and anti air at the minimum.

If he moves that "doom stack " towards you, just keep moving back a bit, bombard with your own artillery, bombard more, etc.

You could build a fort and try to lure him into chasing you into the fort, which will reduce your losses.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • There's a fair chance that this doomstack contains his entire army. If you can slip trough his lines with a few armoured cars and light tanks, you can do a lot of damage. He will be forced to split up his stack to chase you. Like Vorlon said artillery would be great but takes a long time. You should patrol over him with bombers. Several stacks of 5/5 interceptors and tactical bombers work the best.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Thanks for the replies.
      Unfortunately the enemy has railway artillery but lastnight we handled most of his units, now his 56 units of army is less than 20. We are trying to do guerilla tactics, hitting and pulling them to us to get them in missile range. For now everything works fine.

Also I didnt know the actual rocket damage is dividing to enemy unit quantity.

My username on game: furkanzoap
      in case if you want :)
    • So, in the 1st situation, I will immediately take my tacs off the sky and fight his fighters with mine. Once the sky is clear, I send tacs again.

2nd situation : I'd rather keeping my fighter with full HP for the next air strikes.

Notice that when I engage my planes, I will monitor them continuously for hours (like 10-12 hours non-stop). I can react in minutes.
    • Tacs are quite slower than interceptors, so the retreat might not work. Even worse, if the interceptors simply patrol you will never be able either to patrol or to attack with the stack of tacs - it is like if you didnt have them at all.

But certainly, anyone can choose his style of play.
    • CoralWar wrote:

2nd situation : I'd rather keeping my fighter with full HP for the next air strikes.
      fighters don't kill troops, tacs do. Putting them in a stack with tacs give them the possibility to last longer and do more damage. The tacs are better protected against AA and fighters. When under attack by fighters you don't even have to pull back. Never let the planes patroling when you are offline in case the enemy gold's AA.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Putting the tactical bombers and fighters together allow your planes to take more damage, because the game splits the damage between the two. It increases the endurance of your planes by about double. Plus, a tiny bit of damage from the fighters also is added to the mix.

Also, it protects against other planes attacking.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Here is my reasoning for ONLY using mixed stacks of 5-5

I need to have interceptors as well in the theater of operations in order to deal with other planes.

Interceptors are cheaper to build

Interceptors have more hit points

Interceptors can be replaced at any industrial complex with a level 1 airbase.

The slight additional damage of having 5 interceptors in a stack with the 5 tactical bombers results in a slightly faster kill of the enemy units.

The damage that is returned from the enemy will be spread over 10 planes instead of just 5.

So in my experience keeping the planes in a 5-5 stack and having multiple stacks like that has been the most effective combination in my experience. Certain enemies and situations may be different, but I haven't found enough difference to make it worth my time to adjust my basic 5-5 strategy yet.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Another practical benefit of mixed stacks is the much larger patrol circle of Interceptors.
      Patrol circles size increases with higher levels of the planes, but is basically greatest at NBs and Interceptors.
      In combined aircraft stacks all planes use the largest existing patrol circle.

(..very useful not only to attack / defend larger area in patrol mode, but also as we are knowing that planes in patrol mode can attack targets even nearly so far as the half patrol circle is outside of the max flight range for direct attacks..)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D