Forced March Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forced March Question

Simple Question here, that is, does the Forced March Feature "Stack" over seperate marches?

Say my units have half an hour to get somewhere. I put on Forced March to speed them up, for whatever reason, knowing that they won't reach an Hour in that March, and they are in Forced March mode for 20 minutes (I Think). If, later, in a separate movement, one of the units in that stack gets put into forced march again, on an hour march, and therefore is in Forced March for 40 minutes more, would the penalty apply to said unit? Or is this only -5/hour along One Consistent March?
    • It is broken up by the minute. There is no "cheat" by moving them at force march for less than the entire hour.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Happens all the time.
      Really nice when you can do it, stinks when your enemy uses it against you.
      Though I have noticed with the newest update, this "bug" is greatly reduced.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • This isn’t a bug, simply a game feature, or rather 2 game features.

The “snap” distance is designed to enable the grouping of units easier among other things. This means that units that end their movement within a few km of a province center that they are moved to the province center automatically. Otherwise your units would each end up on a slightly different pixel of the map.

And then you add in the melee / close combat range of 5 km. Whenever any order is given or changed your units will also search for a target within 5km. This target can be a province center or an enemy unit.

So when you give an order such as move, stop, attack, or even forced march on/off within 5 km of a province you will initiate combat with that province, and when victorious you will be located at the center of that province.

As this is a distance based mechanic and not a time based mechanic the amount of travel time This works from changes based on the speed of the unit on the given terrain.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<