diplomacy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i think the game should improve there diplomacy relations because after playing for more than 1k hours i start feeling boring because the game is all about war war war okay its quit good and nice but we need more strategy not only in war even in diplomacy and in economy or trade. the game is very advanced in the war strategy but very basic and old in economy and diplomacy.
    • The economy is the engine of the war machine and diplomacy prevents war. How would you want to integrate war, diplomacy and economy in the victory acquirements because one rules out the other.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • diplomacy is key to the game. how would you like it if you were at war with everyone around you? you need allies and enemies. that is why we have diplomacy. the Allies didn't fight alone, they had each other, same with CoW. ot would be no fun if all you could do is war
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Well you can't win the game without conquest and taking VP points and not even all the diplomacy in the world can change that. Diplomacy is an uncertain and temporary thing and anyone can turn on you at any given moment. You only have a few allies with whom you will play together and all the rest are enemies or soon to be enemies. If Isreb wants to improve the economic and diplomatic side of the game to make it more important then i'm cureous to hear his ideas to do so.
      BMfox

• firstly i am glade that you replied to my massages secondly i have many ideas i will tell you some of them because the rest will sound crazy xd.

firstly everyone can attack the other with out looking at his economy in real world each country look at there economy before any war because if the country have weak economy and they go into war the people there will get mad and start rebelling some how the diplomacy in the game is so basic like for example if you can improve it and let players have agreements for example surrender some times i wanna surrender and i cant effort this war the attacker will get a amount of VP points that you consider it and you can let 2 countries have agreements another example like non aggressive pact and they will decide for how many days they will cant attack each other and you should improve the value of the currency because it have no value at all no one is using it everyone only think about oil and no one sell oil as long as no one is selling there resources what shall i do watch my money increasing for nothing? and in the 100 map mode the point of winning is sooo high the coalition conquer the 3 continents and they cant win :) and my final idea for now is to puppet a country i think you know what it mean but let me explain it again when you puppet a country you can have agreement with them for example to give you 5 soldiers each 5 days and 1 airplane...etc and you should limit the number of games the player can go in so they will not go inactive. lastly you should be able to attack a country with your economy actually i don't know how to explain this maybe my english doesn't help me but i can give example like the real world between Iran and USA or USA and sovit,sovit cant attack USA because of there strong economy and many other reasons..etc the players will be able to but he will lose as soon as he do that because of rebellions...etc and yea now i remember 1 more thing it is when you make the currency more valuable the players will start selling some armies and produce the other to keep the economy good its just few or even simple improvement that can change the game making the currency valuable and improving the game economy and diplomacy is the key of the fantastic future of the game and they are so simple improvements and now i remember an a great great idea for the game for example you can make an agreement between two countries that is says a country will give the other 1000 oil and the other country will protect it this agreement can be add to the surrender agreement and in surrender the winner can take lands in agreement with out war and don't forget the winner of the war what ever land he take he should take VP points as if he conquered the country or you can make it depending on the land he took in the agreement and war

this is my ideas for now as soon as you reply i will send my new ideas and thank you very much and keep going in this great game.

goodluck
      isreb

The post was edited 6 times, last by isreb ().

• Thanks for taking the time to type a detailed explanation of your vision. Now most of the suggestions are already implemented in the game. Lets walk trough them together.

- Having war has it's repercussions: for every country you are at war with your moral and so your economy will drop 5% up to maximum 25% when in war with five players or more.
      - The surrender mode is now implemented with a cease fire or when a player simply gives up and archives his game. The troops are just static and easy to take down or to take prisoner as a way to speak.
      - Non aggression pacts can be part of a game, they usually are an arrangement trough personal message where the two players discuss the terms and where maybe a transfer of resources is sent.
      - The winning conditions have been changed. To have a coalition victory you now only need to take 70% of the map instead of 80% which is a help for games on a big map like the 100 that you mention.
      - The puppet states would be dangerous because then players that know each other can enter a game and the one is helping the other to win. This is against game rules.
      - There is a limit on the maximum amount of games that you can join but if you ask me personally it's too high. You are right, inactivity is a huge problem.
      - You can attack the economy of another player by using spies and sending them on economical sabotage missions.
      BMfox

• Here's an idea: Create a new map with an adjusted reward system. The map could be the 22-player Mediterranean match. The game ends after 30 days, no matter what happens. If you maintain your core entirely, you gain 200 gold. Every player's original capital you control adds 300 gold to your rewards (200 gold each if you don't own your entire core).

Another idea (with the same map) would have a reward system as follows: The players are limited to a 30-day match, game ends by that date. 17 of the nations get the domination assignment (typical reward system based on VP), and the other 5 nations only have to maintain their entire core to get 500 gold. These groups would be labeled: Conquerors and Defenders. The defenders, if they are interested, could change to the conqueror group, but conquerors cannot change to a defender. Also, defenders can only move their troops within a reasonable distance of their original borders (If turkey tries to move their units more than x km away from their nearest province, then the unit will begin losing hit points after exiting that ranged area - a popup will appear to notify players of this if their command will lead to a loss in hit points). The border limitation vary for each country (as to not give countries like Northern US an advantage). And defenders CANNOT move their capital or trade away their core provinces.

My favorite idea is that the players choose defender or conqueror, the difference from the last one is the player can choose. A player can choose if they want to be a conqueror or defender, this mode does not allow for country selection (that choice determines the possible countries for you). Up to 7 players can select defender. Great countries for the defender option could include: Northern US, Morocco, France, and Yugoslavia because of their likelihood to be part of a larger empire.
      Other countries of the following were not selected because:
      UK - distant provinces, Russian Empire - too large, Others - too close to great countries or too easy to remain safe

If supply drops exist on the map, they are more likely to land within the core land of a nearby Defender nation, just to make it even more difficult.

The goal of these maps is to increase diplomacy, I know the game was intended to focus on war, but in real life, some countries are satisfied to remain as they are (not everybody wants a large empire). That was the motive behind these ideas. Of course you cannot have everybody play defender, otherwise the entire game concept is destroyed.

UNLESS you create campaigns where you fight AIs. There you can select either option and the AIs would come at you with increasing difficulty as you proceed in the campaigns. The only replay-able level (at least for experience/rewards) is at the hardest difficulty where enemies are on all sides (like France) and you fight Elite AI.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • i really love how your taking some of your time and replaying to me :) let me mention or explain further my ideas.

1)what you mentioned is true here

2)true there is a surrender between the players but no one use it because if i am the attacker and my enemie surrender how can i end the game?(: when you put the surrender mode in the game the number of inactive players will go down so much because the player will keep trying to improve his country back as he did not lose again yet

3)its true there is arangement between the players but take it from me i always attack them after 1 or 2 days what shall i do i wanna win xd(: so when they have an agreement like non aggressive pact i will cant attack him until a day that we mentioned between the countries

4)yea now its a way better the victory points are less thanks(:

the rest things you mentioned is 100 percent true but the last idea of economy i should come back to it again :) its that you should improve it in a way and i dont know it xd not only about spies you should make it further its okay to make the game a bit complicated you can look at eu4 its okay to garb some ideas eu4 is so advanced in diplomacy and economy but bad in war and its the opposite with this game and you need to make this game perfect and improve the economy the the diplomacy my last suggestion is try your best guys to improve them so the players will like it more

there is 1 more idea of agreement is that if i won against a country and he surrender i can garantee him if any country attacked him i will go in war with that country which my country will declare war automatically you will open to players huge tactics and diplomacy doors from just 2 ideas of politics

thank you so much
      good luck
      isreb
    • Lukenick wrote:

Here's an idea: Create a new map with an adjusted reward system. The map could be the 22-player Mediterranean match. The game ends after 30 days, no matter what happens. If you maintain your core entirely, you gain 200 gold. Every player's original capital you control adds 300 gold to your rewards (200 gold each if you don't own your entire core).
      I'm affraid that this would be an incentive for even more players to join a game, go AFK, let the AI do their work and come back online before day 3 to cash the reward. It would also be an invitation for players to start even more maps and would result in even more inactivity than now.
      BMfox

• BMfox wrote:

Lukenick wrote:

Here's an idea: Create a new map with an adjusted reward system. The map could be the 22-player Mediterranean match. The game ends after 30 days, no matter what happens. If you maintain your core entirely, you gain 200 gold. Every player's original capital you control adds 300 gold to your rewards (200 gold each if you don't own your entire core).
      I'm affraid that this would be an incentive for even more players to join a game, go AFK, let the AI do their work and come back online before day 3 to cash the reward. It would also be an invitation for players to start even more maps and would result in even more inactivity than now.
      First of all, the AI is a pathetic defender, and rarely ever takes an offensive stance. The players who actually care about the game will go and conqueror anybody who tries to cheat the system like you mentioned. You do have a point about this, if nobody does anything in the match, then people just got free gold. These maps should not be private and would need to be run like the 100-player maps. On top of that, the maintainence of your core should be worth less gold to combat this issue (maybe only 50 gold?), and you can only participate in one of these maps at once. Still, maybe this map idea where everybody can be a defender remains ineffective, but the other maps I mentioned that only allow a select number of these players being rewarded for defending could still work (provided we add on these additional measures).
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."