Do no count on statistic a game where you spend less then 5 days

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do no count on statistic a game where you spend less then 5 days

There are situation when you start a game , but u put him in the arhive from tthe first hour. So i propose that in statistic, at the joined game, to not count the games you started but not played more then 5 days. What you think?
    • It sounds like a good idea, along with restrictions for games a player can join every week or month, this could lead to more participation on the part of these short-term players in every game. But it still feels like a work around, they could just log in for 5 days then never come back to abuse the proposed system. We need to get players to want to stay, or stop them from taking the spaces of others who may be interested in remaining long-term.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • There is one benefit - if you catch the players going inactive you can spend 1-2 days, sometimes, taking territory and crushing his units which give you better stats than against AI. You'll know when you attack if he doesnt respond he is going AI - Feeding Frenzy!!

"Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Lukenick wrote:

Just curious, how do you suggest to best identify this occurring?
      You can have a look at the tutorial I wrote about this subject. Basically it has to do with checking the newspaper and the map.

Now, on the suggestion, I believe that any player who doesn't build anything on day 1 should be declared immediately inactive (instead of waiting for two extra days). Additionally, during Day 1 the player could be given the option to "retire" immediately (been replaced by AI at the start of Day 2) - but after that I would keep the current mechanism.
    • Correct! if they are not building / attacking / moving - they are most likely going Inactive.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • While most suggestions revolve around retaining players to actually play instead of quitting immediately, I am not sure this “5 days free” is the best direction to go to improve the player experience.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • so I have two comments. First has to do with embarking/ disembarking times. commandos to railguns have the same times. It seems like commandos and infantey should have the shortest time, and heavy units a longer time. This would be more realistic.

The second idea is the addition of an engineer unit. It would have attack and defend capabilities like militia. But it would have the ability to damage buildings (enemy and friendly) like artillery, as long as they were in the same spot. I will call this demolition. No ranged attack. There would also be a movement penalty for enemy units entering the area the engineers had been doing demolition ops in. This would allow retreating forces to slow an enemy advance in the same way blown bridges, bobby traps, fires, and mine fields would. Adding a realistic level to the combat.
    • MYSTIC_FOX wrote:

so I have two comments. First has to do with embarking/ disembarking times. commandos to railguns have the same times. It seems like commandos and infantey should have the shortest time, and heavy units a longer time. This would be more realistic.

The second idea is the addition of an engineer unit. It would have attack and defend capabilities like militia. But it would have the ability to damage buildings (enemy and friendly) like artillery, as long as they were in the same spot. I will call this demolition. No ranged attack. There would also be a movement penalty for enemy units entering the area the engineers had been doing demolition ops in. This would allow retreating forces to slow an enemy advance in the same way blown bridges, bobby traps, fires, and mine fields would. Adding a realistic level to the combat.
      This is a bit off topic. I suggest you open a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • MYSTIC_FOX wrote:

First has to do with embarking/ disembarking times. commandos to railguns have the same times. It seems like commandos and infantey should have the shortest time, and heavy units a longer time. This would be more realistic.
      Never thought about this but this is very appropriate.

• I would suggest if possible ( I think it can be done by developers because they already keep tab of the servers that you join) that when a player joins multiple rounds and leave them to be restricted in the future. For example it should say:

- You joined 10 servers in the last 15 days and went inactive in 10 because of that you can only join 3 more rounds for 2 weeks as you are restricted.

Maybe with a system that keeps tab on the inactive players to not let them join any server that pops up it would offer the possibility of a more active round.
    • I highly doubt that this is the way forward, as I pointed out in a similar thread sanctioning players for their behaviour does not work, if you block them from joining a new round they will simply create a new account and join anyways...

I think its better to work on incentives for people to stay active
    • Why are these players leaving the game early? Is it a matter of a lack of interest or is it a matter of it being easier to gain experience early game? If it is the former, there is not much we can do without dramatically changing the game. If it's the ladder, we could just create experience multipliers for the game (maybe allow ranked games to have an increasing rate of experience up to day 30). This would avoid players from creating solo matches and spamming for experience and persuade players to play ranked games where it may be easier to gain experience, provided they have the necessary skill.
      When a player joins their 5th game (provided that all 5 are running) you could give them a popup next time they visit the site telling them about the benefits of playing the game for the long-run versus 30 1-day games.

If there is anything that I missed, or reasons I failed to consider, please mention them.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."