Province loss/gain ambiguities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Province loss/gain ambiguities

The province loss/gain system needs work. It can easily be understood that if a nation is in food default, or oil default, then no doubt their morale will be significantly lower and they will lose provinces. Anyway, here is one scenario, or an ambiguity that I do not understand.

I am engaged in a Pacific campaign map, I have successfully beaten Saskatchewan and Kansas as New Mexico player. I have no defaults on my economy; somehow the map decided to generate a province gain for the Philippines in Avoca??, the furthest province to the East of the map.

Here is the pic.

Here is how the Philippines is situated. (Pacific Campaign)

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• Provinces have a tendency to revolt to someone with abundantly high morale. If those nations really were AI, I would bet their overall morale was very close to 100%. Thus, the revolting province says to itself, "I would like to be happy, I choose to be Filipino, where all their people are happy!"
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • I have a theory about the Pacific map being a “slice” from the world map that the distance calculation from western edge to eastern edge takes a shortcut around the back of the map so to speak.

I have asked players to gather data on this before and send it to me, none ever have.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I have a theory about the Pacific map being a “slice” from the world map that the distance calculation from western edge to eastern edge takes a shortcut around the back of the map so to speak.

I have asked players to gather data on this before and send it to me, none ever have.
      technically i did, was tangentaly related with another issue so didnt have much for it :saint: .... if i see it happens again in any match i have i will make screenshots and make a thread of it :whistling:
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • The issue has happened to me, as British Columbia on a pacific map. My allies got a few provinces that I had captured in the Dakota's, but my morale was great.

VorlonVFC's explanation seems to make sense though.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Yeah I was playing as Nat China on Pacific and my morale was good because I had food and was taking capitals but not great as I was at war with at least two people, and suddenly parts of Russia and New Mexico started to revolt to me. This was quite annoying, as not only did I have a useless province, other players just took them and used that war as an excuse to destroy me.