fighting inactive dropout

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fighting inactive dropout

i was thinking, what if bytro activly fight inactivity and drop outs? i mean, after X amount of drop out from a game your account is tied to not be able to open more then 3 games simultaneosly(which the only occasion that will be unfair if someone active have problems or face a losing battle or even opening one by mistake and drop out its lock from playing, but this also means that as soon as he finish his limit game everything goes back to normal without a problem).... or a pop up shows up reminding you about your game opens? ?(
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spiffolo ().

• But aren't some of the dropouts just new players who are quitting? You cannot do much about that except reset the nation and reopen it to selection.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • i see a lot of lv30 and above that drops out too.... in the 22map yes, i agree there are mostly users12653425 but from 50/100 and event its a mix bag
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Well, maybe the question we should ask is why they dropout of every match. If it's for experience, maybe late game gained experience should become more valuable to get these players to willingly participate in the long run.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Dropout have always been a thorn in our side.
      The limited inactive/account limit would be great.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I think mainly people enter a game and they check their neighbors. When they see one of them is skilled they drop out. When they see some players are getting powerful and they think they won't stand a chance they turn inactive. As soon as they are being attacked they drop out too. I think it's usually the players that haven't mastered the game mechanics that give up easily instead of continuing. They don't realize that with quiting the game prematurely that they will never learn how to play better. The best lessons that i've learned was by losing.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Losing hurts, but it is worth it.
      Learning how to combat that defeat is priceless in terms of strategy.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Never say all hope is lost until you are out of all your provinces, units, resources, and voice. The most important tool, your voice (aka diplomacy), can help you get out of some of the most challenging situations. If you can properly coordinate with other players, then no enemy is too difficult.

• General Nightman wrote:

Losing hurts, but it is worth it.
      Learning how to combat that defeat is priceless in terms of strategy.
      i agree, but dropouts dont think so.... therefor we either punish them (lock the creation of games so cant ruin the games for the rest) or try to reward them to stay active or such..... i dont know if by day 15 you are still active and have gained X region or created X structure/soldiers you gain an extra 100 gold
      this was an example to make people at least try to last for as long as they can
    • Let's start by fighting dropouts in team games: after all, in simple games it doesn't really matter (you take him over and all is well). In a team game, the teammates are only hampered by the inactive players and they have practically no choice.

But for the rest, the solutions I have read don't seem rational: I wouldn't want to penalize anybody for dropping out of a GAME, since he might have very serious issues in his work, life, etc., not to mention a number of other issues that could make uninteresting the continuation of the game for him. If you want to apply punishment, you first create more regulated environment: SMALLER maps with players committing to a MINIMUM activity, no achievement counting before a certain day of the game, and various other good ideas that are widespread in the forum.
    • im not saying a game as in single(that would be crazy :D ) but lets use 5 as an example.... if in a three week period you get inactive on 5 games you get the lock. this allows for leeway of real life problem/goldabuser not willing to fight/immediate blitz by 3 neighbor etc etc and if in 3 weeks you dont drop out from any game the lock is gone...... the way to cheese this is go in the game, dont move dont do anything and i will stay active(i know of a player in the italian server that enters in all matches, i mean all of them he has 418 played games and do nothing, no army, no economy, no conquering and then finish the game or go inactive when being conquered ?( ) but will still solve at least 60% of the inactive dropouts.

i agree with your idea to solve first the event team maps.... singles as you said you can just conquer them easily, maybe it will hurt you a bit casue your army is fully far from that borther but then again its more land but team it really screw the game
    • In open games I find that 35 to 50% drop out by day 6 another 25% by day 14.
      I have seen too many games determined by who drops out next to whom.

Restricting entry to new players is an idea,
      however another idea might be to make games that only last 7 days for new players so they can get a feel for the game. Then have a few games that go 14 days and so on. This will not stop the drop out, but it will limit the damage and players may be more inclined to stick it out for 7 days than just drop.
    • Here's a question. Will the 7 day games be played at 4x speed? Or will they go at the normal pace and just end after the end of the 7th day? Or maybe you just speed up the unit movements but nothing else.

My preference is the normal pace and the rankings at the end of day 7 determines the victors, no 4x speed or increased troop movement. I know, it might not be possible to finish the game, but it might prepare you for the early stages of a real game. Since there's no hope for a coalition win, the rewards are still 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and this time, no more after that. 1st could get 100 gold, 2nd gets 60 gold, and 3rd gets 25 gold.

• They also need to rework the mechanics of AI. It gets super annoying when the AI produces nonstop so they have 10+ anti air, anti tank, and militia every single province. Even though they’re all weak, the sheer number is enough that you can’t take over the country without tons of rockets and long artillery bombardments which just gets boring and repetitive. Not to mention no strategy involved
    • Cal04 wrote:

They also need to rework the mechanics of AI. It gets super annoying when the AI produces nonstop so they have 10+ anti air, anti tank, and militia every single province. Even though they’re all weak, the sheer number is enough that you can’t take over the country without tons of rockets and long artillery bombardments which just gets boring and repetitive. Not to mention no strategy involved
      The mechanics have been reworked several times. The AI used to be regular AI, they were dull and easy to beat. BYtro changed the regular AI into Elite AI as standard for all games. Before Elite AI were only a feature in events or golden games. The AI behavior used to be that it would but troops automatically in every single province. The devs have changed this too as it doesn't make sense as human players will put their army on their border and in IC to defend. So now the AI put all their troops on the border and their IC like human players.

The AI can produce anything it wants but it depends on the knowledge that has been done by the player before he went AWOL and the resources that are available. I've seen AI producing even rockets and a nuclear bomber! Usually the AI will think cost effective and produce the cheaper units being militia, AT, AA, tank destroyers. If you attack an AI he will counter attack as much as it can just like a human player does.

The AI will constantly build buildings and produce units just like a human player. Yes you too should train troops and constructing around the clock depending on the resources that you have. Don't blame the AI if your army isn't big enough to beat it but blame yourself instead. The current AI behavior is the closest they have get so far to human behavior. I'd say that the developers have done a hell of a job too.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Torspo2 wrote:

I wouldn't be playing this game if there was no inactives. I love grabbing land and getting big enough to afford a navy or something.
      I agree. Thanks to Elite AI being made standard, it's no longer that inactive as it used to be where you just roll up artillery and wait without any actions from the enemy. So now inactive is basically playing against AI. Which sometimes given the incompetent players I've faced before means that it can be harder than playing against real person.
      Forum Gang Sergeant Major

Hanz Gunvor

Ace of Spades - Unit IV Alliance Leader
    • BMfox wrote:

Cal04 wrote:

They also need to rework the mechanics of AI. It gets super annoying when the AI produces nonstop so they have 10+ anti air, anti tank, and militia every single province. Even though they’re all weak, the sheer number is enough that you can’t take over the country without tons of rockets and long artillery bombardments which just gets boring and repetitive. Not to mention no strategy involved

The AI will constantly build buildings and produce units just like a human player. Yes you too should train troops and constructing around the clock depending on the resources that you have. Don't blame the AI if your army isn't big enough to beat it but blame yourself instead. The current AI behavior is the closest they have get so far to human behavior. I'd say that the developers have done a hell of a job too.
      If I am playing France,and Switzerland ( AI controlled) can create a bigger army than I can over the span of one week,
      There's a Problem. Even IF I log in twice a day,and build units constantly , the AI Always builds More units than I can. Granted,it's mostly Militia & Anti-aircraft guns,but still...in the numbers produced,it's now a MAJOR obstacle.
      And god forbid it should be left alone for a month! It'll have produced a goblin horde !
      :00000441: I am,I'm me.