Manpower should be Bought and Sold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kanaris wrote:

Edepedable wrote:

I notice you only responded to the second part of my post. The first part was the most inportant part according to myself though.
      Oh no you are very very wrong. I have been replying to you and to everyone else for that matter on that exact point you are simply unable or unwilling to hear me.
      So I will try to be as clear as possible. Trading manpower between nations is the very definition of slavery which is something I abore and am unwilling to consider as a viable option in a game.

So you can dress it up anyway you like but trading citizens = slavery there is no other lawful possibility.

Does slavery exist in real life? Absloutely!

As its impossible for me to be any clearer this will be my last post in this matter. Needless to say should such an option ever be implemented and manpower becomes tradable then I guess I will have to move on to a different game.
      You most certainly did only respond to the second part of my post. The first part concerned itself with game mechanics regarding manpower being transferable among active players. In the second part I adressed the slavery in manpower subject. The part that started with "for argument sake" no less. Meaning that it is not even an argument that I am making. Since you only adressed the slavery in manpower topic it is very obvious that you are quite sensitive about this.

Pardon my confusion. Though it strikes me as odd that you take offense at the concept of what you call slavery regarding manpower in a game where manpower is used to fight wars. Yet you have no problem with the concept of the game, fighting wars for entertainment. Using that before mentioned manpower no less. So in a sense of questionable or at least contradictory morality you take the cake. Having difficulty with the mere idea of buying and selling manpower whilst that manpower is exploding in front of you daily.

We are not on even footing in this discusion since I lack the sensitivity on this subject that you seem to have in abundance. So continuing this ordeal would be both irrational and futile. For both of us. I do not mean to offend you in any way, nor your point of view. But since we are on completely different wavelengths in this matter we will not see eye to eye anyway.

Good gaming to you sir.