What maps don't you like and why?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What maps don't you like and why?

I didn't like the 25 historical.

It's the first time that i played this map and i don't like it. You start with a lot of buildings, knowledge and troops. It doesn't demand skill and anyone can wreck another player in the first days when they work together with others. Because of this a lot of beginners and players who don't really know the game join this map. They cry loud in the newspaper the first couple of days but then turn AI when they see that they will lose. These people try to join easy maps over and over again, using the same tactic that clearly doesn't work and who give up prematurely ruining the game for others. As soon as they see their neighbor is skilled they will either attack with other players or archive the game. When one player or alliance get's powerful they give up too. This map is attracting these players like flies to honey.

I started out as Germany. In the first hours those RP fans went completely nuts with PM and newspaper articles. The first formed alliance was the Allied Powers containing the UK, France and the US. They had a combined amount of games joined of 283 and 0 victories, I kid you not. The posted an article that they would engage if i were to attack Poland. I had shared maps with Italy and Russia but they didn't know we where allied. Russia (level 56) got invaded by some Mongolian troops and turned AI on day 5. Italy was active with a few victories under their belt. The Maginot line fell on day 3, Italy broke trough the Dolomites on day 3 as well. On day 3 i got also a couple of light tanks into Englands core provinces. On day 4 all cores of the UK, North of France and Poland had fallen, wrecked the navy of France, US and UK in the Channel on day 4 too. Italy took the South of France and attacked the British and French fleet in the Mediterranean. The newspaper articles stopped and they turned very silent. France and the UK were kicked from the alliance and the US asked for peace. On day five I took over Yugoslavia and on day 6 Romania. It's now day seven and the US is AI too. This leaves only 5 players. Brazil is just sitting there, France lost his cores and still didn't build a capital in Africa and Mongolia is just driving trough an empty Russia.

The map turned very quickly inactive and quiet at the same pace as my expansion.
      Images
      • Untitled.png

520.85 kB, 875×627, viewed 1,799 times
      • Untitled1.png

570.52 kB, 879×627, viewed 1,218 times
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

It's the first time that i played this map and i don't like it. You start with a lot of buildings, knowledge and troops. It doesn't demand skill and anyone can wreck another player in the first days when they work together with others. Because of this a lot of beginners and players who don't really know the game join this map. They cry loud in the newspaper the first couple of days but then turn AI when they see that they will lose. These people try to join easy maps over and over again, using the same tactic that clearly doesn't work and who give up prematurely ruining the game for others. As soon as they see their neighbor is skilled they will either attack with other players or archive the game. When one player or alliance get's powerful they give up too. This map is attracting these players like flies to honey.
      well, thanks for ruining my favorite map.

my least favorite is the Homefront map along with the Pacific map. I have tried playing them but just don't find them fun in the end. I find no enjoyment in playing building or attacking. I also find it difficult to join a 50 when someone asks me to in the chat because sense there are 2 continents and it is hard to guess where that player is. over all, neither are fun and I find no enjoyment in playing them.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • attacker101 wrote:

well, thanks for ruining my favorite map.
      You are welcome :P

attacker101 wrote:

my least favorite is the Homefront map along with the Pacific map. I have tried playing them but just don't find them fun in the end. I find no enjoyment in playing building or attacking. I also find it difficult to join a 50 when someone asks me to in the chat because sense there are 2 continents and it is hard to guess where that player is. over all, neither are fun and I find no enjoyment in playing them.
      Well, thank you for ruining my favorite map :tumbleweed: I find the Homefront a good compromise in between the fast 10/22 player maps and the interesting 100 player map where you have a big challenge but the game takes too long. Homefront is nice if you like to work with land units and planes, Pacific if you like Navy more. Nothing is build yet so you have to chose what you build and research that is in best interest with your tactic and resource production. If you do this properly and you are active then you have a head start in comparison of less efficient or active players. Also the diplomacy is very important as you get attacked from all sides.

In the 25 Historic it is just all handed out and it's my impression that players have the tendency to go into role patterns.
      BMfox

• Bahahaha! Hahaha thats great LOL! Gotta love those with the big bark but no bite!

BMfox wrote:

In the 25 Historic it is just all handed out and it's my impression that players have the tendency to go into role patterns.
      On a more serious note, I completely agree and dislike how certain nations start off strong and others weak, I like even starting grounds. I also think players who want to RP is great if thats what they do to enjoy the game then awesome, but it NEEDS to be in a specific RP game as those who don't want to RP wont which leads to games breaking as those RP players leave, and those who don't get stuck with big nations turning AI day like 5.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • BMfox wrote:

I didn't like the 25 historical.

The map turned very quickly inactive and quiet at the same pace as my expansion.
      I LOVE the historical 25 map. So far I played as Romania, Nationalist China and Soviet Union. I loved all 3 but they played very differently.

As for your experience with it as shown in your original post, thats just how things go I guess. You being a player that wins around 50% of the maps he plays, I do think that your experience and over all winnings is enough to draw attention on any map. Don't we all do the same? Its just smart. And being Germany on a historical map you do start with a lot of research and buildings already done. From the top of my head the 3 'strongest' nations to start a historical map with are USA, Germany and Soviet Union. Naturally, these nations are targeted by other players. They have to if they want to survive.

Try playing with one of the smaller nations, like Romania. Your experience with the map will be very different, trust me. It is both an imbalanced map and a fun map and I think the imbalance makes it fun.

My personal map favorites:
      1: 40 p Antarctica, a beautifully balanced map where paranoia is achieved throughout the entire game. Love it.

2: 25 p historical map, beautiful because of the imbalance. Different ways to play depending on your country chosen.

3: 22p europe map. Same army starts all around, lots of build up, some imbalance in starting resources but trading makes it even again (Egypt has lots of oil but no metal, Finland is the reverse.

4: 50 p Pacific map, really cool to see navy come into play a LOT. You can actually make a difference here by having a navy. Though I do not like the starting core resources. A lot of countries start with only 2 food provinces and then it is just annoying having enough food for all the provinces you conquer.

5: 10p blitzkrieg map, some research done already. Sadly, never around and usually only beginners play it.

6: 10p europe map, lots of chokepoints and stuff, but has a long build up because of no research being done yet.

7: 50p homefront map, can be really fun, but can also be a big neighbour invasion fest. Norhtern neighbour goes west, I go into norhtern neighbour, my south western neighbour goes into me and the player my neighbour invanded goes south. Forming a circle. Very little chokepoints to use strategically, which I do not like at all.

8: 4p mediteranian map, really cool, 1 unit can make a difference. Sadly only played once, since it is hard to get good players together to play this map.

9: 100p world map, probably at the top for a lot of players. But in my experience, I have never had the patience to finish it. Takes to long and after a couple players leave you are just fighting the AI for eternity. My truly my least favorite map.

Thats about all the maps I have played and stuck around to make an impression on me.
    • Edepedable wrote:

3: 22p europe map. Same army starts all around, lots of build up, some imbalance in starting resources but trading makes it even again (Egypt has lots of oil but no metal, Finland is the reverse.
      I love that map too, reminds me that i need to make a 22p map where only level 40+ can join.

Edepedable wrote:

8: 4p mediteranian map, really cool, 1 unit can make a difference. Sadly only played once, since it is hard to get good players together to play this map.
      I've never heard about this map, I don't mind joining one with you.

Edepedable wrote:

You being a player that wins around 50% of the maps he plays, I do think that your experience and over all winnings is enough to draw attention on any map. Don't we all do the same?
      I'm fairly sure that they didn't check my stats before going all RP nuts on me ;) but thanks for your compliment.
      BTW you win half your games too and your stats are pretty decent too ;)
      BMfox

• I have very definite ideas about maps, though they change if I play them...

Good Maps

• World at War- Long term strategy, though it can be a real stat killer
      • Clash of Nations- A quick game for gold
      • Pacific Conquest- A good compromise if you can't play world at war
      • Historical Map- A nice, strategic map with some decent RP
      Hated Maps
      • [Tutorial mode] Clash of Nations- Hate the speed, it always messes things up
      • Home front- Neighbours are a pain, poor land grouping
      • Antarctica- I think everybody knows why I don't like this one ;)
      OK Maps
      • Mediterranean
      • Road to War
      There are some event maps I like, mainly the all-in-historical and the 4x speed world at war.
      I'm trying Operation Supremacy as well.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • BMfox wrote:

I've never heard about this map, I don't mind joining one with you.
      Do not be surprised if I take you up on this offer some time from now. Its 2 teams on 1 map with 2 players each. It is hard to find a balanced team on both sides. It is only around the mediteranian, its a very small map.

BMfox wrote:

Edepedable wrote:

You being a player that wins around 50% of the maps he plays, I do think that your experience and over all winnings is enough to draw attention on any map. Don't we all do the same?
      I'm fairly sure that they didn't check my stats before going all RP nuts on me ;) but thanks for your compliment.BTW you win half your games too and your stats are pretty decent too ;)
      I win more then halve ;) I won at least 4 more world maps that I quit playing when I was ahead. Like I said, least favorite. And I never started my profile over after most of my learning phase was done.
      I used to like having the highest stats possible. Now a days I am just fairly convinced that the higher my stats are, the more it means that the opponents I fought were just not all that challenging.
    • if you do want to start a Mediterranean round, contact me, I'd be glad to join with you guys.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • well heres my ranking then
      loved maps: :love:
      -homefront
      those becasue i enjoy making long term plans... building economy and army even if i dont grow much on conquering and even if they drag for 30-40 days i find them fun and nerve braking on always looking whos the next enemy you need to fight
      -10 europe
      well balanced, makes really strategic heavy decision. which is why it has been used in the world cup
      -pacific
      even tho i dont agree with anyone on this map being navy focused (i make DD and sub and naval bomber, cross the straight and its back to destroy with land units) and it always end up in either US agaisnt asia.... one of those days i should probably try doing it in solo

ok maps: :whistling:
      -22 europe
      too many drop outs so i only do it to cheese gold and aim for achivenemts
      -10v10v10
      too many dropouts and screwing your possiblity to win based solely on who has the most active players after day 3 but is balance in acertain way it still possible to win in all condition
      -2-2 map
      awesome if its done with a proper enemy/teammate

hated maps: :wallbash
      -X2-X4
      cant deal with the pace, x2 is still accettable but even then is a suffer always checking and never being off
      -anonymus round
      dont get me started on this sh*t.... i used to love this map for the uncertainity on the enemy you have and therefor fighing him as if it was the top player of the world, but seeing this clan in the italian server entering 15 memebrs sharing maps and sniping single player each time made me regret ever to open it and always be tempted.... i should probably join this map on another server to at least stop dealing with this cheaters
      -all-in map
      i love the idea, but the random factor can either be fun (play as swizland) or terrible (play as tibet) althought i should keep an eye on it if some change is being made
      -3v3v3
      damn, the resources being scare to push the exchange and the drop out rate just makes me want to lash the idea guy that had this map....

never tried:
      -historical
      always have been told they are boring exactly as pointed out above on the drop outs and therefor AI fight
      -antartica/supremacy
      havent really understood the main point of them, but its a lack on my part on not investigating on it further.... i even read all forum threads about it but still cant figure them out enough to give it a crack :D
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Spiffolo wrote:

havent really understood the main point of them, but its a lack on my part on not investigating on it further.... i even read all forum threads about it but still cant figure them out enough to give it a crack
      The 50k gold prize isn't very easy to understand.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• attacker101 wrote:

BMfox wrote:

my least favorite is the Homefront map along with the Pacific map. I

I think homefront is the best, but I am from US so I am biased. It has lots of different places for different playing styles, 5 cities apiece, lots of double resource provinces, bottleneck area for more fun play, and some AIs with two cities. I agree Pacific is unbalanced, but still pretty fun, all that moving around. I find Antarctica the worst as I only played once, it seems a bit dumb with no attacking enemy cores and having massive AIs. Europe maps are annoying as many go inactive. World 100 map is also annoying, as it gets very slow and can be pretty predictable.
    • Homefront- The whole game/map is unbalanced, even after first 2 or 3 days map is turned in hell, with wars come revolts, so...map is just "ugly". After thoes wars come to end, one or two stable coalitions survive and then you have Columbia and Venezuela to clean that mess. Cuba is with them 99%. And that's it
    • I don't have a wide variety of maps that I play, but I do like the following:

- 100p World at War. Long term strategy, the great feeling when you conquered a bunch of land (then you realize you simply just beat one human player with loads of land), and of course, the massive stacks of armies. Only thing I don't like is the high probability of golders and the disappointment when you lose to one (c'mon, I wasted days for this?)
      - 10p Road to War. Quick, intense gameplay (although the inactivity is quite annoying) to pass the time by. I like using Yugoslavia as only Italy borders me. I really have nothing to say for the cons except for too small of a map, but hey, I like quick games, so it's only natural if I like small maps.
      - 22p Clash of Nations. Wide variety of nations to choose from and a possibility of a showdown (although the rate of inactive players makes me wanna cry). Just don't be Poland, and you'll be fine.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Homefront is very balanced, all players start with the same. I have played 3 homefronts, twice with as a Canadian and once as a northern US state. I have won all 3 of them and in all 3 games Columbia and Venuzuela got into a war for the continent. Whoever wins that fight joins Mexico and in Most cases also Cuba joins. In all three games i played we wrecked all southern states and the south Americas. Now that only 70% of the map is needed most of the times Columbia or Venuzuela can just sit there.

vanhemar wrote:

Homefront- The whole game/map is unbalanced, even after first 2 or 3 days map is turned in hell, with wars come revolts, so...map is just "ugly". After thoes wars come to end, one or two stable coalitions survive and then you have Columbia and Venezuela to clean that mess. Cuba is with them 99%. And that's it

ITSAEROMF wrote:

attacker101 wrote:

BMfox wrote:

my least favorite is the Homefront map along with the Pacific map. I

I think homefront is the best, but I am from US so I am biased. It has lots of different places for different playing styles, 5 cities apiece, lots of double resource provinces, bottleneck area for more fun play, and some AIs with two cities. I agree Pacific is unbalanced, but still pretty fun, all that moving around. I find Antarctica the worst as I only played once, it seems a bit dumb with no attacking enemy cores and having massive AIs. Europe maps are annoying as many go inactive. World 100 map is also annoying, as it gets very slow and can be pretty predictable.
      Don't quote me if it was attacker101 please. I never said that my least favorate map is Homefront, I freaking love it.
      BMfox