Combat Experience

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gusv wrote:

Initially I like the idea, but Lukenick's points convinced me that it may not be as good as an idea as it sounds. The cons are disadvantage to newbies, and addition of some moderately complicated software coding and need for additional server memory space to store the 'veteran experience' of each of the thousands of units on the various maps ... :(
    Bad for the newbies? really?, we are losing amounts of veterans players, and you want to preserve the introduction of the "newbies". One thing that you maybe don't have realise is that the "newbies" more commonly complaint about the time on the game, not the mechanics itself. Another thing is, exceptionally, the persons who play this type of games like the computer "risk remakes". The other ones refuse play it at all cost.

The troubles made it by "the memory issues" aren't real. If the devs see benefits putting this, they will make sure that they would implement it inmediately.

The point of

NoobNoobTrain
    Is perfect. In a way to make it less complicated to coding how you say, the terrain effect will no be put into.
  • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I may have misunderstood the original suggestion then?
    I definately do not think experience should carry over from game to game. It should only apply to 1 game.
    It isn't carry over other servers/games, is a real action in a specific game/server. You can't "teleport" the xp to other games/servers, making 100000lvl militia army with 129831598 hp that's illogical, (using the common sense and applying an historic view). So, no, you misunderstood the release, or I have to explain that better... who knows
  • Marcos Sicilia wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I definately do not think experience should carry over from game to game. It should only apply to 1 game.
    It isn't carry over other servers/games, is a real action in a specific game/server. You can't "teleport" the xp to other games/servers, making 100000lvl militia army with 129831598 hp that's illogical, (using the common sense and applying an historic view). So, no, you misunderstood the release, or I have to explain that better... who knows
    No, I think it was one of the comments that mislead me.

English is a cursed language; spoken by the many, understood by the few.
  • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Marcos Sicilia wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

No, I think it was one of the comments that mislead me.
    English is a cursed language; spoken by the many, understood by the few.
    Don't worry to ask me !
  • I like this idea about unit xp (since panzer general II).
    Imo it shouldnt be that hard to implement and here is my idea:
    Units have new attribute (units killed or battles won or similar)
    For every unti killed/battle won it gets a point (i like battle won more than units killed). This point would be awarded to unit that killed other “army” so ppl cant farm with myltiple groups attacking same opponent and getting points for all units in all groups.
    For every point(or 5 or 10 points) it gets some bonus to att/def.
    This bonus should have a cap so units dont get op, somenthing like 20-25% of base stat.
    When unit get dmged and merges you avarege this number of the units involved. Same as done now with hp.
    So unit with 50 xp and unit with 0 kill give unit with 25 xp.
    Same should apply when stacking units so if you have 1 unit with 50, one with 30 and 2 with 0 xp you end up with a stack of 4 units with 20xp or even a bit lower, some kind of xp penalty when stacking more experienced units with less experienced ones.
    Also daily heal should lower this bonus depending on how much “healing” unit received.
    Ofc this is a rough draft.
    my 2c. :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by bucewni ().

• bucewni wrote:

I like this idea about unit xp (since panzer general II).
    Imo it shouldnt be that hard to implement and here is my idea:
    Units have new attribute (units killed or battles won or similar)
    For every unti killed/battle won it gets a point (i like battle won more than units killed). This point would be awarded to unit that killed other “army” so ppl cant farm with myltiple groups attacking same opponent and getting points for all units in all groups.
    For every point(or 5 or 10 points) it gets some bonus to att/def.
    This bonus should have a cap so units dont get op, somenthing like 20-25% of base stat.
    When unit get dmged and merges you avarege this number of the units involved. Same as done now with hp.
    So unit with 50 xp and unit with 0 kill give unit with 25 xp.
    Same should apply when stacking units so if you have 1 unit with 50, one with 30 and 2 with 0 xp you end up with a stack of 4 units with 20xp or even a bit lower, some kind of xp penalty when stacking more experienced units with less experienced ones.
    Also daily heal should lower this bonus depending on how much “healing” unit received.
    Ofc this is a rough draft.
    my 2c. :)
    See?!. This is what I'm talking about. Thanks men.
  • Not actually. I'm playing the 2.0 ver's; I understand your points perfectly. It would be awesome combine the increase of combat skills adquired by the units, with the giving of a brand new model for the continue of his adventures. realisticly, when a promoted unit showed enough knowledge in a certain fight form, happens that the high ranks opt to improve their equipment first from other branches or units granting a whole new world of opportunitites that become 'la crème de la crème' form his old fight form. Ex: Special forces. Selected mens in war that create a new division for determinative tasks.
  • Marcos Sicilia wrote:

Hectopath wrote:

I agree with the idea of 'experience', even despite the fact that we have commandos. Maybe after a certain level of experience infantry could become commandos?
    My idea was only to upgrade the units by the terrain and the count-kill enemies. Also of the limitful levels of experience available. This obstruct the easy way to implement this idea but, is fair to discuss it in every way possible. so...
    I think (if exist), the upgrade to another unit, like normal Infantry to commandos; must be getting the troop level nearly to a "top", where you can choose if continue with the actual status (and the improve of some technical percentages), or to make it become a new unit ,commandos. This is what you suggest,right?.

Well, is hard. One thing that I have to explain better, is the combat experience in military branchs.
    It only can be use fully in "ground troops". Infantry and armoured-class. And vice versa, the navy cannot. Why?, because one important real factor of what I suggest is:

The terrain:

• Vegetation, plains, housing states/cities, hills, mountains, seasides and fortifications.(not including climate, that I know that exist in conflict of nations).

And the navy can only improve in seaside, coastal cities or fortifications.

The other is the enemy defeated:

Infantry branch:

• Militia, Infantry, Mechanized infantry, Mechanized elite infantry,, Elite infantry and Paratroopers.
    Artillery Branch:
    • Anti-air, Artillery, Anti-tank, AP Artillery and AP Anti-air.

Armoured-class branch:
    • armored car, light tank, medium tank, heavy tank and tank destroyer.
    Air branch:
    • fighters, tactic bombers, ofensive bombers, heavy bombers and Naval bombers.
    Naval Branch:
    • Destroyer, Submarine, Cruiser, Battleship, Aircarrier (The naval transporter don´t count because you are killing a real unit so is like you hit a Infantry/Armoured/etc)
    Secret branch:
    • Missile artillery, AP Missile artillery, Fighters with missiles and Atomic bomber.
    Where the non-human enemy don´t count. Example 'Missiles'.

What I want to say. The transformation cannot work in some branchs. Because a submarine never can become a destroyer, and more examples. So you must implement it in the "ground troops". And if I can, this would be the order:

militia -> infantry

infantry -> elite infantry
    Mechanized infantry -> elite mechanized infantry

But not more beyond of this. An armoured becoming a light tank? well maybe, a medium tank
    becoming a heavy tank or a tank destroyer?meh.

but the fighters maybe can be switch to missile fighters, (if you reach the research, and have enough combat experience), I think.

So anyway, only this option will work in determinates unites. But it looks even more realistic. the upgrade of the veterans troop were, (exemplifying the Third Reich), something common in the WW2 .So, Im in, adding this points.

I have interpreted the militia as a kind of volunteer.
    So I feel strange that the background in which militia turn to be infantry is that militia just only accumulated experience but not that government changes employment relationships.