Repair Stations/Hospitals

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Repair Stations/Hospitals

Should Add Repair Stations and Hospitals would repair damaged units for a price (Ex. Infantry is 50% damaged would cost 250 Food 375 Supplies 650 Manpower and 350 Money and would take about 12hrs to regain it to full health) but higher tiers of these buildings would reduce the cost and time to repair units to full health & any unit getting repaired must be stationed in that city and is vulnerable to enemy attacks would have the same health as a convoy
    • This has been proposed many times in the game. I will just give my view.

For me, the autoheal is an everyday "bonus" of free resources. They might be few, but they are free. The existence of a building that allows faster health recovery might look appealing, but a) I am sure the players will get hasty and overuse it (losing the autoheal bonus), and b) it is extremely difficult to amortize (if you add up the requirements for the building and the heal, plus the danger you propose and the fact they will have to return there, it might be faster just to build a new unit).

Also, don't forget that gold-heal is a source of income for the game. So I would be surprised to see a building that heals better than gold. Perhaps you could ask for a limited "refit" of the unit, when in that province, but probably not a full heal.
    • Okay I can now see why it would kinda be a pain sending units back to a providence when u could just build another unit but i my opinion thats what the game has been missing for me a reason to hold off on attacks heal your units and then go back into battle i think is what the game needs or just a rework of the healing system cause i remember waiting what seemed like forever to heal 1 unit. But if you make a basic repair station or a field hospital in the city you just captured u can repair you troops on the front line then when your production cities is on the other side of the map yeah you can build more units but can they get there in time to win the battle
    • SNG Spectre wrote:

Okay I can now see why it would kinda be a pain sending units back to a providence when u could just build another unit but i my opinion thats what the game has been missing for me a reason to hold off on attacks heal your units and then go back into battle i think is what the game needs or just a rework of the healing system cause i remember waiting what seemed like forever to heal 1 unit. But if you make a basic repair station or a field hospital in the city you just captured u can repair you troops on the front line then when your production cities is on the other side of the map yeah you can build more units but can they get there in time to win the battle
      I like this idea a medic camp would be great and useful in the frontlines instead of having to waste those units
      - DeMoNiikSlaYer
      - Luis M.
      - [email protected]
    • The free repair is pathetic just today I saw a 2 fighter stack that was at 83% get "repaired" to 85%. Only when units are nearly dead do you see anything like a reasonable recovery which quickly diminishes as the repair progresses. I have seen a unit at 12% and after 10 full days only repaired to 76%!

My idea is that airbase, port and new hospital for infantry and garage for armour allow a repair rate of 1% per hour. No repair possible if attacked at any time during the hour.

I would also allow a factory that wasn't building anything (unit or building) to have an additional 1% healing per hour for a maximum of 2% per hour.

You can charge resources to perform the repairs if you like don't care either way.

PS "Just build new units" sucks for two main reasons:
      1) The drain on resources!
      2) In the end game my industrial base is often far from the front requiring new builds a long time to get to the front.
    • Having building that facilitated faster healing and vehicle repair would be a cool extra layer of game strategy and allow you to apply different strategies of troops while others were healing/Repairing. I like it.
      Call Of War All-Time Wins Leader
      Top 20 player
      Frontline Pioneer
    • Elite Canuck wrote:

The free repair is pathetic just today I saw a 2 fighter stack that was at 83% get "repaired" to 85%
      The convoy with spare parts was attacked on the way to the airfield. The Supply Officer ordered the wrong parts. 'Stuff' happens in real life. You dont always get what you want. Its a game - get over it.
      When your unit goes RED move it off the lines to the rear and let it recover. Units dont go back to 100% overnight. If you don't have Replacements/Reinforcements being built or moving to the front lines then that's your mistake for not planning.
      Its a game - get over it.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • @dw98

Great advice about letting units recover; quick question though - what makes you think I am not already doing that? Like I said late in the game my industrial base is quite far from the front which requires very careful planning to sustain an offensive.

I also find it somewhat amusing that the justification you provided for the pathetic recover rate is "Stuff happens in real life" then later read not once but twice "Its a game - get over it" - :D

Not asking for units to "go back to 100% overnight" either - but after 10 game days to only gain back 64% - that is one hell of a lot of "real life" happening - enough to get someone shot...
    • No matter how this would be implemented, it would either be OP or not worth it, just adding an unneeded level of complexity.

Current rpair level is 15% of missing points per day, which is NO WAY near being useful. If you add a mechanism to make that 25% when paying attention to it, it probably wouldn' t be enough either. Making that 50% would be OP though. See the point? How do you balance that fine line somewhere in between, and for example, make sure it works on all maps?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Just so as Roko describes it ..
      .. besides, just like now, friend and foe would have anyway again the same options, so it would also still remain same as Chuck already said, "Learning to fight better than your opponent" << that's the key to victory .. :thumbup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I don't think that the idea of 'unit repair stations' is not too bad ... I recall playing Civ 2 years ago ... There barracks, air bases, and naval bases (own or allies) fulfilled that function ... Of course, there could be a limit (e.g. 50% of damage?) ... :thumbup:
    • Of course there's something like that in other games and of course they could easy implement something like that here too ..

.. however, CoW was once fine designed as a game that could really be played as a "slow-track-long-time-logic-and-thinking-strategy-board-game" -- what's had made it special and different and lifted up over the mass of other games ..

.. but unfortunately (as also in this thread) it has been again and again suggested that this game should also be more a "(very)-short-time-fast-jump-and-run-quick-click-action-game" ..

.. and unfortunately much, far too much, has actually been implemented and has already changed in this direction, the result is the meager image of the once brilliant CoW what we currently have ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• One thought is in real life, improvements to medical technologies and techniques definitely resulted in better military function. At sea, improvement to damage control technologies and techniques did the same thing. Perhaps instead of extra units or infrastructure, just some additions to the technology tree would be good. Everything in the technology tree is a question of priorities; some might choose to prioritize repair/medical in order to have units that heal/repair faster (instead of the 15% per day now - maybe improved to 18%, 20%, 22%, 25%, etc.) Another element of depth, choice, and prioritizing.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

No matter how this would be implemented, it would either be OP or not worth it, just adding an unneeded level of complexity.

Current rpair level is 15% of missing points per day, which is NO WAY near being useful. If you add a mechanism to make that 25% when paying attention to it, it probably wouldn' t be enough either. Making that 50% would be OP though. See the point? How do you balance that fine line somewhere in between, and for example, make sure it works on all maps?
      I get what you are saying but I still think it would be well worth it. What I want is to develop a safe area between my industrial base and the front where I can repair badly damaged units in something less than a fortnight or end of game, whichever comes first...

I see no problem with a 25% repair rate per day after I have invested in the required buildings, otherwise 15% of the remaining damage is essentially useless. I can put a badly damaged unit, I consider 50% badly damaged BTW, in a repair area where it cannot move and two days later he is fully repaired ready to move back to the front - which by then has likely moved somewhat.

The only good thing about the current repair model is that repair can take place while a unit moves so long as it is in friendly territory.
    • I would go about this from a different angle.

Instead of the Injured/Damaged unit Healing.... why not have the healing come to the unit.

New unit - Medic (icon.. Sexy Nurse, Bob Hope, Movie Theatre)

The Medic unit can not fight, and TAKES DAMAGE FIRST before damage is dealt to other stack units. It attaches to a stack and has HP's it can give to the Stack until it's used up all it has. Once the Medic has used up all the supplies it's used up. This unit does not Heal, as it's not taking damage. It's simply repairing damage of other units.

Medic
      Lvl 1 - 10 HP
      Lvl 2 - 15 HP
      Lvl 3 - 20 HP
      Lvl 4 - 25 HP
      Lvl 5 - 30 HP
      Lvl 6 - 35 HP
      Lvl 7 - 40 HP (Elete requires 4 Blueprints)

Required to Produce;
      - Research Medic
      - Barracks Lvl 3
      - Infrastructure Lvl 2
      - IC Lvl 1

Production Cost
      500 - Food
      900 - Cargo
      750 - Manpower
      300 - Metal
      500 - Rare Materials
      3,000 Cash

So If I had a damaged stack of 10 unts then had a Medic Lvl 5 join the stack, medic would heal 30 HP immediately. If there was more damage than what the Medic was capable of healing, medic would be spent and used up (Like Nukes after they are spent). If medic still had some medicine/supplies left, it would show as attached to the unit.

The MEDIC is not simply a Mobile Field Hospital. It's represents all the elements used to improve Troop health and moral. During WWII units would be pulled off the front line and watch a movie, get a hot shower and a warm meal AND see a doctor because of trench-foot or urinary tract infection for spending last 30 days in wet clothes. All these things helped improve moral and "Rejuvinated" the units.

More than that, Medic would also include Replacements, newly trained units who would replace those that had been killed/destroyed in combat. But would NOT represent NEW units, just units to rebuild the numbers of existing units.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"

The post was edited 2 times, last by OneNutSquirrel ().