Allow Rocket Fighters to Intercept Rockets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Allow Rocket Fighters to Intercept Rockets

I hate the fact that rockets can't be intercepted. A gold player can just spam produce them and annihilate your army in a matter of minutes, not to mention nukes. And not only gold player spam them, they can be produced in 6 hours only with a level 5 factory. And alongside the low cost, they deal a lot of damage when used in numbers. So I suggest that rocket fighters be given the ability to intercept rockets. So when a rocket enters the range of a rocket fighter (that's not busy fighting a plane or unit) they automatically attack the rocket, wiping it out in the process. They should be able to destroy up to 3 rockets at one time (provided they are stacked) and can go back to the airbase, refuel, and attack another rocket. Refueling time for the rocket fighter should also be reduced to 10 minutes, and the speed should also be buffed to 950km/h. The cost of producing a fighter should also rise by about 70% and the daily resource consumption should also be increased by 50-100%. The maximum range for a Rocket fighter should also be reduced slightly. As for intercepting nukes then a rocket fighter intercepting a nuclear rocket would be wiped out. And anything within 50km and is below the nuclear rocket when it gets intercepted will also be wiped out, or damaged significantly (As for the rocket fighter automatically intercepting rockets, then I think it should also prioritize nuclear rockets over normal rockets). I think this idea will give non-buyers a chance against rocket spamming buyers. Rockets and especially nuclear rockets may lose a bit of their usefulness because of this but they are already overpowered as they are.
    • It doesn't really sound realistic shooting down rockets, but honestly i would just limit rocket fighters to shoot down lvl 2 or even lvl 3 rockets just to make the unit more appealing. For the rocket spam problem, i think they should just have the production time increased. As for Nuclear rockets? Yeah i have met gold player making lots of nuclear rocket once, but the majority of player is not a gold player and using nuclear rockets in most cases are just useful in clearing AI countries of their defenders. Nuclear rockets are pretty ineffective against players who knows not to create giant conspicuous stack, and by the time you can use nuclear rockets, most of those players are already defeated anyway.
    • Litewood wrote:

I hate the fact that rockets can't be intercepted.
      Lvl 1 rockets can.

Litewood wrote:

they can be produced in 6 hours only with a level 5 factory.
      Everything gets faster with better IC's

Litewood wrote:

So when a rocket enters the range of a rocket fighter (that's not busy fighting a plane or unit) they automatically attack the rocket, wiping it out in the process.
      Basically patrol?

Litewood wrote:

Refueling time for the rocket fighter should also be reduced to 10 minutes, and the speed should also be buffed to 950km/h.
      The speed is already 900 km/h

Litewood wrote:

The maximum range for a Rocket fighter should also be reduced slightly.
      It's already the 2nd lowest range plane on the game! The range should be increased if anything.

Litewood wrote:

As for intercepting nukes then a rocket fighter intercepting a nuclear rocket would be wiped out. And anything within 50km and is below the nuclear rocket when it gets intercepted will also be wiped out, or damaged significantly (As for the rocket fighter automatically intercepting rockets, then I think it should also prioritize nuclear rockets over normal rockets).
      One person has just wiped out a month long investment, that cost 50,000 rare to research and produce, with a fighter that costs maybe 1/1000 of that.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman wrote:

Litewood wrote:

I hate the fact that rockets can't be intercepted.
      I was referring to level 2 rockets and nukes

Litewood wrote:

they can be produced in 6 hours only with a level 5 factory.
      but rockets shouldn't be made that fast.

Litewood wrote:

So when a rocket enters the range of a rocket fighter (that's not busy fighting a plane or unit) they automatically attack the rocket, wiping it out in the process.
      Exactly, well kind of. The difference is that the rocket fighters don't need to be on patrol to intercept rockets.

Litewood wrote:

Refueling time for the rocket fighter should also be reduced to 10 minutes, and the speed should also be buffed to 950km/h.
      I though of the speed buff since rocket fighters need to be faster than rockets to be effective. Perhaps having the same speed would be Ok, as long as the rocket fighters auto aim.

Litewood wrote:

The maximum range for a Rocket fighter should also be reduced slightly.
      The range reduction is to prevent players from intercepting rockets that are farther away than the rocket fighters

Litewood wrote:

As for intercepting nukes then a rocket fighter intercepting a nuclear rocket would be wiped out. And anything within 50km and is below the nuclear rocket when it gets intercepted will also be wiped out, or damaged significantly (As for the rocket fighter automatically intercepting rockets, then I think it should also prioritize nuclear rockets over normal rockets).
      Would you like to lose your whole army that cost far more to one nuclear rocket? Perhaps you can put them in small stacks to avoid this but small stacks usually fail against air and bigger armies. Buyers also spam produce nukes at a fairly high rate, which means that anyone against has already lost the war. (You're reply might be "take them out before day 40" but honestly some games start at a very late research day, and usually have alot of things researched for them, giving buyers an advantage.)
      Perhaps a stationary rocket deterrent in the form of a building. which has a limit of maximum buildings depending on your province count, 20 provinces = allow 1 rocket deterrent to be built, 50 provinces = allow 2 rocket deterrent to be built etc. The building would automatically shoot down any incoming rockets that are 120km away or less from the building. It can also highlight rockets 240 km away but it can't highlight enemy troops. Maybe even allow us to shoot our rockets at other rockets. Perhaps make a new supersonic missile that is designed to take our other rockets, and perhaps even planes, but has low land unit attack value.
    • I think a way to intercept rockets would be a good idea, but currently they are too expensive to be intercepted by rocket fighters - its not economically balanced. There should be a way to intercept them, maybe defense missiles, which would move very slowly and not have much other use of be used up after use.
    • Having rocket fighters intercept rockets is unrealistic and doesn't do much to the game. Lvl 1 rockets can be shot down so it's pointless there. And rockets in general are weak and in general are not that effective to have a counter to them. Nuclear rockets are the same case, at such a late game most players are gone and your military size is probably large enough to loose a few units in some provinces. A better idea is allowing SPAA to attack level 2 or level 3 rockets and having level 4 be invincible and more powerful so players have a better incentive to go down and get the rocket.
      The snow is speaking Finnish.
      The trees are speaking Vietnamese.
      Dog Bombs.
      Manned kamikaze rockets.
      Giant railroad guns.
      War is weird.