war tactics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So what you are saying Hans is that the healing / replenishment mechanic would work in reverse , and I would say add some negative morale influence to the province for such.

I would say that any path through non hostile territory should suffice. Peaceful nations would allow trade to pass, but not troops. Countries at war or enforcing a trade embargo would prohibit trade passing through.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

So what you are saying Hans is that the healing / replenishment mechanic would work in reverse , and I would say add some negative morale influence to the province for such.

I would say that any path through non hostile territory should suffice. Peaceful nations would allow trade to pass, but not troops. Countries at war or enforcing a trade embargo would prohibit trade passing through.
      Check my thread „Trade Embargo".
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

So what you are saying Hans is that the healing / replenishment mechanic would work in reverse , and I would say add some negative morale influence to the province for such.
      Yes and fully agreed (with additionally adding a morale malus to these provinces - good idea)!

VorlonFCW wrote:

I would say that any path through non hostile territory should suffice.
      Hmm, I think it would be better if you require at least right of way for not being cut off. Trade going through neutral provinces is possible, that's clear. But fuel, food, ammunition and spare parts for an army? I'm not sure about the realism aspect, but at least for gameplay it would be better if you require at least right of way, because otherwise situations in which you're cut off would be too seldom to make this feature interesting.

So ideally:
      * Morale malus if there's no connection through at least neutral provinces (and/or sea).
      * Units losing HP at day change if there's no connection through provinces for which you have at least right of way (and/or sea).
    • Of course that implementation would only become perfect if there was also a way to simulate sea blockades. But as Restrisiko already described, that really doesn't seem to be feasible.
      Maybe as soon as there is any hostile ship on a sea route, consider it blocked?
      Even that I guess would be difficult to programme.
      So I would restrict it to provinces that are cut off from core, capital and sea. That would at least already be something - an improvement.